shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone saw Oprah w/Tom Cruise today...?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/27/2005 12:50:12 PM
Author: MichelleCarmen

nicrez - I remember my mom telling me as I was growing up that ballet dancers have ugly feet. . .here''s an example
14.gif

Here''s part of an article. . .

Ballet dancers have a secret. It is hidden under satin, and we are further distracred by the grace and the beauty of a dancer''s body in motion. Insiders are hesitant to reveal the secret for fear of embrassing the dancers, but the truth remains.

Dancers have ugly feet.

The years of pounding and strain that their feet endure create crooked toes, discolored nails and skin rubbed raw. Not to mention calluses, corns, and bunions. The wear and tear is endured to achieve performances that appear graceful and effortless. ''It looks so beautiful but it''s physically brutal,'' says Lisa Hansen about the ballet. Hansen is one in a group of physical therapists from Orlando Regional Rehabilitation Services who completed baseline screening for the Southern Ballet Theatre last week. Along with an orthopedic physican and an athletic trainer, they donate their expertise to measure and record the dancers'' basic range of motion and fitness as a background for an future injury treatments.

from: http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.the-perfect-pointe.com/images/ppain.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.the-perfect-pointe.com/Agony.html&h=287&w=432&sz=15&tbnid=gcRXkAMZMQMJ:&tbnh=81&tbnw=122&hl=en&start=18&prev=/images%3Fq%3D%252Bballet%2B%252Bfeet%2B%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26c2coff%3D1%26rls%3DGGLD,GGLD:2005-13,GGLD:en%26sa%3DN

Damn those are some ugly feet!

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry I just thad to come back and see those ugly feet again YUCK!
emcrook.gif

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Ironically enough my hubby is watching Spike TV (the equivalent of a male Lifetime I suppose
20.gif
), anyway they are showing "Disturbing Behavior" with none other than Ms. Katie Holmes...my hubby keeps commenting on how he can never look at her the same after those feet..lol

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/24/2005 1:27:54 PM
Author: icelady
Apparantly in addition to making a complete a$$ of himself on Oprah, he has become an expert on post partum depression...

LINK

It just keeps getting better and better!
20.gif
When Mr. Cruise cures himself from post-partum depression using vitamins, I''ll listen to what he has to say on the subject
2.gif

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
why doesn''t he have vitamins to cure his mid-life crisis

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Moremoremore...my middle name is Helene, after my father''s mother! My dad and his family are from Europe, so they all have very interesting names! My grandmother finally just dropped the "e" and went with Helen because it was too confusing for her to explain to people with her accent...

And, on the Tom Cruise thing...I wonder if he realizes that he''s become an overnight joke?!

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
The saddest part is in Hollywood there is no such thing as bad publicity....So I am just waiting to see how big ''Batman Returns'' and ''The War of Worlds'' will turn out to be...even though I will be seeing both of them (arrghhh I''m a sucker)

JessesGrl

Brilliant_Rock
I was walking in NYC a few years back and there was Tom Cruise strutting his stuff, people were going crazy....he was SOOOOO SHORT, It grossed me out....he gives me the creeps

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
How short would you guesstimate that Tom Crusie is?? I know I read somewhere that he has to stand on a box for alot of his close up scenes so as not to appear too much shorter than his leading lady
emsmile.gif

Sunni79

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/30/2005 7:07:36 PM
Author: LadyluvsLuxury
How short would you guesstimate that Tom Crusie is?? I know I read somewhere that he has to stand on a box for alot of his close up scenes so as not to appear too much shorter than his leading lady
emsmile.gif
I read that TC is 5''7". He looks very short for a man. KH makes him look even shorter
31.gif

afrodyt2000

Rough_Rock
I thought he was 5''9"? I remember when he was with Nicole, she said she always wore flats.

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Even with Nicole I remember him looking like a dwarf, and with KH?? Can we say sleepy, happy, dopey, grumpy...
25.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
According to http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000129/bio, Tom is 5''7" ... I think Nicole Kidman is something like 5''10" or 5''11" which is why she always wore flats. Katie is something like 5''9"?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes just from looking at the pictures, Katie appears to be two inches taller then TC.

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
emsmile.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Apparently they are engaged now but she has no ring yet. *Is there an emoticon for throwing up?
14.gif
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
NO WAY, engaged ?? I know that he hinted at it and all on Oprah, but I was holding out against the hope that he was just joking!! Honestly if they are engaged, I don't even know what to think.

I used to LOVE Tom Cruise...he was by far on the top of my 'list'...but in the years since he split from Nicole and has gotten progressively weirder (and shorter or maybe I just got taller?)...he has really fallen from grace..I don't even care about seeing his movies anymore.
15.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/31/2005 11:27:42 PM
Author: Mara
NO WAY, engaged ?? I know that he hinted at it and all on Oprah, but I was holding out against the hope that he was just joking!! Honestly if they are engaged, I don''t even know what to think.

I used to LOVE Tom Cruise...he was by far on the top of my ''list''...but in the years since he split from Nicole and has gotten progressively weirder (and shorter or maybe I just got taller?)...he has really fallen from grace..I don''t even care about seeing his movies anymore.
15.gif
I think I posted this EAXCT sentiment in the other TC thread... I used to love him..Now, he creeps me out and this is the icing on the cake. Yes, it appears to be true... I heard on NY radio this morning that they are engaged and she is going to Scientology classes with him and they''ve moved in together. They are ring shopping as we speak.

Where is that sea sickness emoticon???????
2.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/31/2005 11:27:42 PM
Author: Mara
engaged ?? . . .I don't even know what to think.
I have no idea what to think either. . .well actually, this is so entertaining that I've tossed my comical chick novel aside in favor of Tom Cruise gossip so what I'm mostly thinking about him and KH is hilarious . .
9.gif

TC bugged me for a number of years, but a few of his movies have been great, and I sort of started to like him (especially in minority report and the first mission impossible movie), but now, yikes, what a freak! Luckily my husband and I don't get out to too many movies so I won't have to dramatically boycott war of the worlds!

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Ok...let''s not be shy... I KNOW that I am not the only one going to see War of the Worlds!!!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t believe I have contributed to either of the current threads on Tom Cruise, but I *have* been following them. (I do not watch television, so I haven''t had the chance to see Tom acting in a way that sounds very interesting from a clinical perspective!)

I thought I would share this article on his behavior from "The New York Times" here for those of you who are clearly interested in his antics!

Tom Cruise article

Deborah

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Ben Affleck + Jennifer Lopez = Bennifer

Brad Pitt + Angelina Jolie = Brangelina

Do you hear the recent name for these two?

TomKat

why does the media do this to us? ridiculous.

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
OK OK OK, it seems as if the PS posters are on the up and up...apparently it has been leaked that Tom Cruise had a list of "girlfriends" and his first choice was Jessica Alba....second was none other than our own barely legal Lyndsy Lohan... and Katie was his third choice. All the big media "moguls" have been showcasing this... I did not hear they were engaged though! If they are..
20.gif

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/2/2005 12:02:01 PM
Author: NoonersMom
It get''s weirder by the minute. Apparantly TC has banned KH from being in a few movies because they involved characters with drugs or as a victim. Where does it end?

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/celebrity/43552004.htm
Back to my original post....can we say mid-life crisis? First off the oldest person on his prospective girlfriends list IS Katie Holmes....is it because younger women are soooooooo "intriguing and talented" like he says Katie is???? And NOW he is controling her career? telling her which movie roles to take and which ones not to take? Sorry to say but it isn''t like she has had so many mega-movie hits that she can really be choosey!
20.gif
Hmmm..isn''t that part of the reason why him and Nicole seperated??? because of career "issues".

Sunni79

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/2/2005 11:47:36 AM
Author: LadyluvsLuxury
OK OK OK, it seems as if the PS posters are on the up and up...apparently it has been leaked that Tom Cruise had a list of ''girlfriends'' and his first choice was Jessica Alba....second was none other than our own barely legal Lyndsy Lohan... and Katie was his third choice. All the big media ''moguls'' have been showcasing this... I did not hear they were engaged though! If they are..
20.gif
How could TC even think about trying to date Lindsay Lohan!
23.gif
She is still like a kid. She''s only what? 18. That''s too young for that dirty "old" man. Even KH is a little young for him but atleast she is an adult and not an impressionable kid. I know 18 is the supposed age of "adulthood" but 18 year olds are still kids in my opinion. TC is obviously more skanky than I thought!

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t have an issue with the age difference -- my parents had a HUGE age difference, and they were happily married for 30 years.

However, I do take issue with a person abusing his celebrity to tout his ideas about what''s medically correct for someone with depression. It''s not like it''s a moral issue... it''s a medical one and the last I heard, he certainly hadn''t gotten any sort of degree.

I wouldn''t be surprised if he will soon need drugs to help him get over his pending depression when his career tanks for being such a wacko!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/2/2005 1:39:26 PM
Author: AmandaPanda
I wouldn''t be surprised if he will soon need drugs to help him get over his pending depression when his career tanks for being such a wacko!

I suspect that if he were rational and took medication he would be on something for mania right now.

Deb, who hasn''t even seen the patient on TV but is practicing from her computer chair based on the description of hs behavior ;-)

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s an interesting, related story from MSNBC.com:

Tom Cruise’s handlers have reportedly told the “Top Gun” star to cool his jets when it comes to his public proclamations of love for Katie Holmes.

The normally reserved Cruise created headlines — as well as some guffaws — when he leapt up and down on the Oprah Winfrey show, declaring, “I''m in love! I''m in love. I can''t be cool. I can''t be laid-back.” Skeptics have been speculating that the romance is a publicity ploy gone awry. Cruise, who had long been repped by the much-feared, tightly controlling PR maven Pat Kingsley, not long ago switched over to Lee Anne DeVette, his sister.

Rick Nicita and Kevin Huvane — top agents at CAA, which handles Cruise’s career — “have been frantically pleading” with DeVette to “rein Tom in” according to Radaronline.com. “Kevin watched the [Oprah] show and was embarrassed for Tom,” one agency insider told Radar. “He called Rick immediately and said something had to be done.” Neither had a comment.

Holmes — who recently joined CAA — apparently didn’t get the memo. While promoting “Batman Returns” overseas, Holmes gushed, “I couldn’t be happier. I''m so happy. He’s the most amazing man in the world.”

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
Amanda Panda! That is what we call my cousin!
So funny!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results