shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you gifting your SO for Christmas?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
madelise|1449897281|3960541 said:
The q is, what is Mrs. DF getting!!

My BF is getting a watch :) I'm so excited.
Zippo, b/c Mr.DF is broke!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My dh is getting finally his basement project done this winter and that is my gift to him. We are having professional contractors dig out our beach house basement to expand it for my dh's woodworking shop. It is quite the project and costing let's just say more than a big blingy rock so I sure hope it works out well and gives my dh many countless hours of woodworking joy because he deserves it! :appl:

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We arent exchanging gifts again this year..however we did just buy a brand new pickup truck...so I guess that will be our Christmas gift.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1449902723|3960561 said:

So. you spend a zillion bucks on your Octavia but give you dear precious wife a $3.95 Zippo lighter? :o :o :o :nono: :nono: :nono:
Hope there's a heater in that doghouse. :lol:

screen_shot_2015-12-12_at_2.png

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH mentioned the other day he was low on his scent so I bought some thing morning. I know he got me a CD because we both use his Amazon Prime account. I'm guessing there will be a 2nd CD or a book too from him.

We usually keep gift giving very light.

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I've bought her a basic kit for making jewelry out of the cabochons we've been cutting at our local lapidary club; specialty pliers and sterling silver wire in different thicknesses. I've been a bit sly as I've been saying we'll wait until after the holidays to get her the kit but little does she know it's already under the xmas tree :devil:

I know she has gotten me some rough stones to cab at the lapidary club as well so our xmas presents could very well end up becoming her xmas presents once they're all complete :lol:

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Nothing super special... Some stuff he needs: gym shorts, socks and underwear, a new Sonicare Pro toothbrush and a couple new Pelican flashlights. I will be getting a new laptop, which I desperately need.

I wanted to get DH something more exciting--he had been wanting a Luminox watch, but he went out and got it for himself last month! Whenever DH mentions needing something I take note so I can get it for him. May not be glamorous, but it is nice to get him things he needs!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two new Cashmere sweaters, a Nespresso machine and a ticket to the January Miami Antique Jewelry Show :Up_to_something: so he can watch shop... He will need supervision so I bought myself a ticket too! :naughty:

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
I am getting DH two watches he wants, a Fitbit surge and a Bushnell GPS golf watch. He has been asking for both for quite some time.

I know that I am also getting a Fitbit, but the charge hr instead. I am not sure what my other gift is yet. I am pretty sure it will not be bling though, since I am already in the middle of upgraging my engagement ring.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1449960026|3960758 said:
Dancing Fire|1449902723|3960561 said:

So. you spend a zillion bucks on your Octavia but give you dear precious wife a $3.95 Zippo lighter? :o :o :o :nono: :nono: :nono:
Hope there's a heater in that doghouse. :lol:
One of the best lighters ever made.

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
A nice soldering iron, an e-reader, and a glass teapot.

He's getting me a new loupe, and finally getting me a tiny diamond ring - So excited! (He's never bought me one).

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
DH usually gets me a few charms for my pandora bracelet, nothing too crazy :))
He's a huge AC Milan fan so I got him a custom jersey this year, he's gonna lose his mind!!

12367004_10100548515369240_1635993787_n__1_.jpg

12395190_10100548514910160_348106001_n__1_.jpg

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I got my diamond ring. I've asked him if we can just stick to stocking stuffers this year and I'm sticking with that. Pretty much everything I've got him will fit in his stocking and nothing expensive. He keeps asking me what I want and I say something like tea or chocolates. I honestly want to move away from xmas being about gifts. Also trying to segue into same thing with my Mom and sister. So it may be awkward this year due to prior expectations, but hopefully set a precedent for more low key gift giving for future years. However the stereo system (radio and cd player) in our car is again not working. So we may replace that and call it our xmas gift.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ame|1449864200|3960304 said:
Nothin, and getting nothin' in return.
Same here. :bigsmile:

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have a lot of old beat up furniture that makes our tiny house look pretty bad. We actually do have a lot of nice artwork and a great sofa so the bad furniture looks out of place.

I recently refinished the coffee table and it turned out so well! I am the more crafty of the two of us so this year I am sanding, polishing, and painting our bookcase, a desk, and a bureau. Our home gets a nice facelift and I can say I gave something from the heart.

As for him, who knows. I've dropped several hints about an espresso machine. We get pretty epic with the stocking stuffers too.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
part gypsy|1450201146|3961745 said:
Well I got my diamond ring. I've asked him if we can just stick to stocking stuffers this year and I'm sticking with that. Pretty much everything I've got him will fit in his stocking and nothing expensive. He keeps asking me what I want and I say something like tea or chocolates. I honestly want to move away from xmas being about gifts. Also trying to segue into same thing with my Mom and sister. So it may be awkward this year due to prior expectations, but hopefully set a precedent for more low key gift giving for future years. However the stereo system (radio and cd player) in our car is again not working. So we may replace that and call it our xmas gift.
This is also what I'm doing. I don't need a bunch of crap, neither does anyone I buy for. I'd rather set aside a day in the future for a nice dinner or 'doing something' date with the family.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I ended up ordering him a new tactical duty bag for work, and an "oh shit" tac bag to put inside it so if they end up in a situation, he can just grab that and go.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results