shape
carat
color
clarity

Pick one out of the group

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cgsauer

Rough_Rock
Ok, thank you all again for your help, here are the final five diamonds - please let me know any thoughts

The first four are on the first site and the fifth is on the second website. The big question is are the more expensive 2 diamonds worth 600 and 1000 more than the first one - they have fewer inclusions etc but are they worth it. And those two look like they have not many inclusions and are still SI1 - any ideas. Thanks again for your input.

http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/Compare_Diamonds.aspx?idnos=1177158,755754,714353,1177145

1. 1.02 carat, G, SI1, D 60.8, T 54 Crown 34.8, crown % 15.8 Pavilion 40.8, Pav % 43 6.55x6.58x4.00 - HEART and ARROW $6004

2. 1.025 carat, F, SI1, D60.3, T 56, Crown 34.7, Pavilion 40.7, ideal cut 6.52x6.55x3.94 $6005

3. 1.066, F SI1, D 61, T55, Crown 34.7, Pavilioin 40.9 6.64x6.66 x 4.06 H&A $6661

4. 1.122, G, SI1, D60.7, T55, Crown 34.8, Pav 43.1 6.76 x 6.79 x 4.11 H&A $6591

5. 1.11, F, SI1, D60.6, T55, Crown 34.8, Pav 40.7, 6.74 x 6.76 x 4.09 H&A $6978

Thanks

Cary

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
4,2,1,3,5, In that order with these cavieats
9.gif

I assume the pavillion number you listed on #4 is the %, not the angle. I would check the angle and if is in the 40.7 - 40.8 range, go with that one. (I trust angles more based on what the experts say, so the %s go in one ear and out the other for me). If not, then I sorted them by looking by a combo of diameter and price, looking for the biggest with a definite great cut (which these all should have by the numbers) without paying a huge premium. #4 is $500 more than 1 & 2, but the size difference is probably visible. You have to decide if it is worth it to you, but at least it''s a visible difference -- even if it is smallish.

#5 looks great, but pricey. #3 looks great but is smaller and pricier than #4, assuming it checks out. Basically, I wouldn''t pay the premium of the F''s listed compared to the G''s. Side by side color can be very close, and unless you are super color sensitive, a G should be beautiful.

Good luck -- you seem to be narrowing in on some good ones!

cgsauer

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the info - any other thoughts?

Cary

cgsauer

Rough_Rock
Sorry, you are correct, pavilion angle on #4 is 40.8

Any other rankings from people? Thanks again.

Cary

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
4,5,2,1,3 in that order...

4 and 5 top picks because of size...I really like that G over the F for $$.

Then 2,1,3 because to me they are all very similar to me and we are splitting hairs within there...but if you nix out 4 and 5 and choose 2,1, 3 then I can get more detailed.

but to be honest they will all be great...3 is my last pick because of the 40.9 pav angle and 61 depth, while standing alone this diamond would be a winner, when placed against 4 other options with more cherry specs IMO, this one is the clear loser.

i agree re: calling WF and asking what their thoughts are and telling them your priorities. i like the bigger stones because i know mental shrinkage sets in fast once you've got the ring on your finger.

good luck!

cgsauer

Rough_Rock
Ok, so number 5 is sold - any thoughts about 1-4. I"m leaning towards the 1.122 diamond but it has more inclusions than some of the others.

Whiteflash said they were all eye clean, they are going to pull them and have Brian give me an opinion. Any other thoughts before I call them again - thanks for everything.

Cary

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cary I am going to hit you over the head with #4 if you don't get it!

NoonersMom noted in the other thread that she considered it and had it checked out and it was TOTALLY EYE CLEAN...so stop freaking out about the inclusions at the 40x mag on the big friggin diamond picture and think about it realistically. Those 40x mag pictures may do more harm than good on the mentally susceptible!
9.gif

Personally, I like that someone else has already considered that stone seriously, basically an expert looked at it for you for free and thought it was good...whereas with the others, who knows.

But yes, ask Brian, he will not steer you wrong, he has never steered me wrong and I love his judgement and he has hawk-eyes. Oh and tell him that Mara likes the G 1.12 and see what he says.
31.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yes,#4 is a very tightly cut stone,according to the sarin report.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
#4 looks great!!

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
#4 , No question. Buy it now before Mara hits you. You can always return it if you have super eagle eyes... I''m guessing it will not be around for long, so I wouldn''t linger.

cgsauer

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone

I guess #5 was not sold. Anyway, Brian at Whiteflash took a look at all of them, and his thoughts were:

#4 - 1.122 G SI1 - excellent diamond, eye clean, inclusion dark but not visible with his eye

#5 (not sold) 1.11 F SI1 - excellent - only small inclusion - white - he wasn''t sure why it was an SI1 and not a VS2

#1 - nice diamond, dark inclusion - nice but probably 3rd best of the three

So, he ranked them 5, 4, 3, 1 - I''m trusting that this isn''t just due to the price since it correlates with price.

Anyway, he is checking again on them and will call me back in an hour and I will buy either #4 or #5 - I guess I''ll trust him.

Thanks again for all your help and let me know if you have any final thoughts - I"ll email the final diamond with a picture and ring picture for all of you. I appreciate all your time.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
#5 would be the safest way to go. I guess you have to decide if the extra $$ is worth the peace of mind for something that most likely you won''t see the difference in. Maybe you should have them both shipped to you to see if they have different "personalities" or if one simple stands out to you. Choice is always good, and WF has a good return policy.

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
If Mara doesn''t get him first, then I will. hehe. jk :)~~

Let me say this one more time..........#4 is completely eye clean!!!! If that is your only hang up, then the issue is resolved. It''s a *beautiful* diamond. If the other one that I was comparing it to was the same size, I would of gone with the 1.122. Again, I saw this in person, an independent appraiser saw this in person and we both agree...it''s beautiful!!!

Hope that helps.
9.gif

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
Cary, just reread your post.....didn''t see that #5 topped Brian''s list. He''s the expert & if he says it''s a beautiful diamond, it''s the way to go. Sounds like you can''t go wrong with either 4 or 5.

Good luck!
1.gif

ETA....I didn''t see option #5 in person, just #4.

njdiamondlooker

Rough_Rock
That diamond #4 looks like a beauty. If I could affod it I''d be all over that one.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I still would go for #4 over #5 for the savings but that is just me. Depending on how tight your budget is, if the F SI would make you happier then get it! Otherwise go for G SI. Personally I don''t have color sensitivity and being that the G is eye-clean that would be enough for me...but it sounds like the F SI for you may be a sweet spot, esp with the white inclusion...either way I don''t think you can go wrong!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I totally agree. They are both awesome stones and either one looks great to me. It''s what YOU are comfortable with. Good luck and let us know which one you pick.

cgsauer

Rough_Rock
Thanks Everyone for your help

I went with the 1.122 G SI1 in a platinum setting (so you don''t have to hit me Mara). I will post pictures when it arrives.

I''m very happy and thank everyone for your input and expertise.

Cary

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
Cary....I was just wondering which route you took. Congrats on a beautiful diamond! Can''t wait to see pictures.
1.gif
Keep us posted!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY awesome!! I love it when I am not forced into abusing forum members with the diamond not-of-their-choice...
31.gif

Definitely pictures when you get it....I want to see this.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results