carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

April20

Ideal_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

kama_s|1445949936|3942520 said:
Anyone experience crazy nausea even before taking a pregnancy test? I've been away for work so haven't been able to test, but I had crazy nausea since yesterday (9DPO). This morning I woke up, had a coffee and immediately threw it up...the only thing that helps is eating.

One of my friend's mom got sick around 7-8 DPO with every pregnancy. She said she always knew before testing because she got sick like clock work. So it's not out of the realm of possibility. I didn't get any nausea until 6 weeks.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks, amc80 and April20! I threw up yesterday and twice today (and mostly just bile, not food). The only things that helped were crackers and ginger ale. As soon I got home from my flight, I took a (mid-day) pregnancy test and it was negative. Bummer.

Prior to this, I can't remember the last time I even threw up!! I remember having terrible nausea for months when I first when on the pill, I've been told that makes it very likely to have pregnancy related nausea as well. I'll wait for a few days and test again.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium

hippi_pixi|1442211331|3927456 said:
I posted here a few times early when I was TTC in Dec/Jan but I guess I thought it would happen straight away so the extreme excitement and disappointment was too much so I stopped posting to try and keep my mind off it.

I gave up this month after a negative pregnancy test 9DPO, after 9 months of trying, had a meltdown and booked an appt with my GP. i posted as much on the TTC 6 months or more recently. But I'm one day late, took a pregnancy test and its positive! I was also woken up by severe pelvic pain last night 2am so I'll keep the appt with the GP to discuss. Ive also been taking pseudoephedrine, panadol and ibuprofen so I'll stop now, hope I haven't done any harm.

Explains why I've been so tired and felt like i might be sick if I didn't eat breakfast soon enough on sunday. Also I've been uncontrollably emotional and had huge sore boobs which I thought was just PMS.

Anyway I was just busting to tell someone and I wont be able to tell hubby for another 5 hours!

edited to add: i just checked and the due date would be only 4 days off from my birthday in May next year!

Congratulations!!!! How exciting!!

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock

Aww, kama, sorry to hear about your nausea -- that's the worst. Fingers crossed there's a BFP in your near future to explain it, if you're only 10ish DPO today it's not unusual that the sticks wouldn't be sensitive enough. (I waded through the FF "wisdom" on that question a bit lately, and I guess that's why FF gives this pessimistic 5-4-3-2-1-TEST countdown, which for me is at 15DPO - not sure if it's based on my cycles or just always is on 15DPO. Maybe it's actually "optimistic" in that it thinks you could wait until 15DPO to test...!)

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks so much for your kind thoughts, evergreen!

So I'm 14DPO and tested today after my previous BFN on 10DPO. And negative again. Bummer. Guess I'm waiting for AF to show her face.

Weirdly, I am still nauseous. Thanks for the false alarm, stomach! Ugh!!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium

So AF is here. I've been on the fence about having kids for a while, and only recently have I changed my mind. So it was interesting to see how disappointed I was when this month was a bust.

I bought a BBT and have started temping. How do you ladies make it work on weekends? I would hate to set the alarm every weekend at 6am to take a reading!

Anyone else on this board trying? I can hear the echoes :)

amc80

Ideal_Rock
kama_s said:
So AF is here. I've been on the fence about having kids for a while, and only recently have I changed my mind. So it was interesting to see how disappointed I was when this month was a bust. I bought a BBT and have started temping. How do you ladies make it work on weekends? I would hate to set the alarm every weekend at 6am to take a reading! Anyone else on this board trying? I can hear the echoes :)

Some people are more sensitive to time than others. I'm not really at all, so on weekends I would just temp when I woke up. But it takes time to determine if it will matter for you, so I'd suggest setting your alarm for at least the first month. It shouldn't matter too much for most of your cycle- as in you can just skip those days unless you are right around ovulation time. So if your cycle is 28 days, you could miss days in the cd1-8 range and again in the cd19-28 range it it would be ok.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium

amc80|1446602443|3945423 said:
kama_s said:
So AF is here. I've been on the fence about having kids for a while, and only recently have I changed my mind. So it was interesting to see how disappointed I was when this month was a bust. I bought a BBT and have started temping. How do you ladies make it work on weekends? I would hate to set the alarm every weekend at 6am to take a reading! Anyone else on this board trying? I can hear the echoes :)

Some people are more sensitive to time than others. I'm not really at all, so on weekends I would just temp when I woke up. But it takes time to determine if it will matter for you, so I'd suggest setting your alarm for at least the first month. It shouldn't matter too much for most of your cycle- as in you can just skip those days unless you are right around ovulation time. So if your cycle is 28 days, you could miss days in the cd1-8 range and again in the cd19-28 range it it would be ok.

Good point! Makes sense, thank you!

April20

Ideal_Rock

kama_s|1446597516|3945378 said:
So AF is here. I've been on the fence about having kids for a while, and only recently have I changed my mind. So it was interesting to see how disappointed I was when this month was a bust.

I bought a BBT and have started temping. How do you ladies make it work on weekends? I would hate to set the alarm every weekend at 6am to take a reading!

Anyone else on this board trying? I can hear the echoes :)

Are you sensitive to not being able to fall back asleep once an alarm goes off? If not, I say set it and keep timing consistent. If you are sensitive, you could temp later but know it may throw your chart off a bit. Personally, I got to the point where I could hear my alarm, shove the bbt in my mouth and never fully wake up. Figure out what works for you. :). I will also say that if you typically O around the same time every cycle, you could just be super diligent in the days preceding O and a few days after to keep timing the same and then loosen up at weekends. Just a thought...

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock

Kama, I'm still here!! I temp at 4AM, though. :Up_to_something: Falling asleep after waking up in the wee hours of the morning is a particular skill of mine. ;-)

I'm 13dpo with a couple of negative pee sticks so far. Trying to do every-other-day so I don't zoom through my sticks, even though they're the cheap ones. :) Saw my PMD today who recommended a semen analysis for my husband (ha, we'll see how THAT recommendation goes), a HSG for me, and a referral to reproductive endocrinology. It's only been 4 cycles of trying with temping and decent timing (5 cycles of trying), so she might be jumping the gun a little, but well, I suppose it's good she's in favor of me getting pregnant?

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Temping is so complicated! I have issues with insomnia and am a very light sleeper. Once I wake up, I can't fall back asleep easily, even if it is in the middle of the night. My plan is to try and be vigilant for the first month, once I have an idea of my cycles. Then follow your advice, April20, and be lax during the non-critical time periods.

To add to this, I am constantly travelling for work and often in different time zones!

Evergreen, I do't think it's too soon at all, might as well get a head start at this. I've seen amongst my friend circle that by the time they are ready to get help, there may be a long wait time and they are already frustrated, disappointed and overwhelmed. If you end up conceiving before all the tests are done, then it's a win-win!

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock

Kama, what about trying LH pee sticks as well as one cycle of disciplined temping? Maybe a $20 investment in LH sticks will mean you can target your temping even better? And, of course, the temp rise only retrospectively "predicts" -- "post-dicts," really -- ovulation, whereas a positive LH stick should give you 1-3 days of warning before ovulation. Now, the LH sticks aren't perfect, some say you have to do them twice a day to actually catch the surge and mine have NEVER been as dark as they're supposed to be, but they clearly do get darker the day before I ovulate so whatever, package directions, I'm gonna ignore you. Maybe less time-zone-sensitive than temping, though, if you travel often!

bobbin

Shiny_Rock

I'm officially TTC!!! We were thinking of starting next month but after talking about it a lot yesterday we decided that there wasn't any point in waiting for one more month.

I'm not sure of my cycle length at the moment, but should be close to ovulation in the next five days or so (just assumptions and estimating for the first cycle or so), so we DTD last night.

I went off the pill in September and since then have had a 21 day cycle and a 25 day cycle. I never used to take all that much notice of cycles before going on the pill, so I am not sure if my cycle is slowly increasing back to 28 days, or if it is actually 25 days.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

I'm definitely not TTC, but I might accidentally be in the TWW. I thought I O'd a week ago (I have very clear O signs, between the EWCM pattern and O pain). BD'd last night without precautions...and today I feel intense "O" pain. I'm hoping it's just a cyst or something acting up...

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock

amc, just popping in because I was in a similar situation about 3 months ago. There was some "user error" in our birth control method and it happened right as I was ovulating. Anyway, do you have any OPKs lying around? Not sure if you would have missed the surge since you think you might be having O pains, but might be worth testing.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
NewEnglandLady said:
amc, just popping in because I was in a similar situation about 3 months ago. There was some "user error" in our birth control method and it happened right as I was ovulating. Anyway, do you have any OPKs lying around? Not sure if you would have missed the surge since you think you might be having O pains, but might be worth testing.

I took one Friday night and there was a faint second line. I'm not sure how useful it was, since I sometimes have really fast surges and other times they are slow. It could have been LH from the day before or a week before. If AF doesn't show in a few days I'll know I O'd late and then I will panic :)

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock

Nobody really posts over in 6 months+ anymore so I figure I'll hop back in here. DH and I are going to CCRM (pretty much the best fertility clinic in the universe) this year to see if they can help us. I'm really nervous that they'll want to do IVF but it is what it is :bigsmile:

amc80

Ideal_Rock

random_thought|1447863925|3951311 said:
Nobody really posts over in 6 months+ anymore so I figure I'll hop back in here. DH and I are going to CCRM (pretty much the best fertility clinic in the universe) this year to see if they can help us. I'm really nervous that they'll want to do IVF but it is what it is :bigsmile:

Just about every TTC/IF blog I read involves CCRM. I really hope it works for you!

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock

Hi, amc! Welcome back but sorry to see you here for an accidental TWW -- hoping it all works out & fingers crossed for whatever is best! :)

Hi, RT! Welcome back also, it's funny because I'm soon going to be eligible for TTC6+ but I'm glad to see you here & hope you'll post about your journey with CCRM!

:wavey:

ETA: Bobbin, glad to see there's another TTCer out there!! Welcome back as well, and hope your stay is short! AND, I hope this means everything went brilliantly with you setting out on your own and you and DH are settling in well. :)

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock

I guess I will optimistically post here. The journey to my first son (now 7) was adoption, the journey to my second son (now almost 2) was 4 years of actively TTC and 2 months of Clomid.

I got a clomid scrip at my annual appt last week and plan to start taking it in January...hopefully 2016 will welcome baby #3 to our family...

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks for the welcome back y'all! CCRM is FANTASTIC. I've lived about 20 minutes away from their main office with Dr. Schoolcraft for a few years now. But man are they expensiivvveeeee. That's the only thing that has been holding us back. I don't know the cost of the initial consult but I do know the day of testing they require after that runs around $4,000. But they test for ev-ery-thing. They do all the male infertility testing, bloodwork, ultrasounds, hsg, etc. in one day. I'm a little terrified of what they'll say. I also know that they really do not like to do laparoscopies for endometriosis. They'll review photos from your past surgeries and go from there because the risk of damaging the ovaries can be so high. Anyways, I'll keep you all updated :)

bobbin

Shiny_Rock

Pretty sure I got a BFP today! It was VERY faint, I was sure I could see it but it was VERY VERY faint. I think I went cross eyed looking at that test! I went out for a few hours and when I came back the second line was darker and more visible, but I am not sure if I should rely on that.

April20

Ideal_Rock

bobbin|1448248853|3952945 said:
Pretty sure I got a BFP today! It was VERY faint, I was sure I could see it but it was VERY VERY faint. I think I went cross eyed looking at that test! I went out for a few hours and when I came back the second line was darker and more visible, but I am not sure if I should rely on that.

Bobbin, one year ago this coming Thursday, I got a super, super faint BFP on a Wondfo at 8DPO. When I say faint, I mean you had to hold it under the light, close one eye, squint and do an internet cheapie line dance. That faint line will be 4 months old on Thursday and is sitting in my lap as I type this. So YES, I think you can trust this!!! Congrats!!!!!!!

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock

Wow, congrats, bobbin!!! Keep us posted but a line's a line's a line around here. :D :appl:

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock

Congrats bobbin! Keep us posted on how it looks tomorrow morning :)

bobbin

Shiny_Rock

Thanks ladies! Still very faint this morning, but slightly more visible. Not sure if you will be able to see it in the photo.

6081ba1afa6510671b07b58c5998ef07.jpg

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

That's a line! Congrats!

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock

*walks around ringing ye olde second pink line bell* HEAR YE, HEAR YE, WE HAVE A SECOND LINE!

Yay, so exciting bobbin :)) :wavey:

April20

Ideal_Rock

That is a line! Do you know how many DPO you are?

bobbin

Shiny_Rock
The Official TTC Thread!

random_thought said:
*walks around ringing ye olde second pink line bell* HEAR YE, HEAR YE, WE HAVE A SECOND LINE!

Yay, so exciting bobbin :)) :wavey:

LOL, thank you for that very enthusiastic congratulations!

Thank you Asscherhalo!

April, I *think* I ovulated on the 11th or 12th November, which would have made me 11-12 DPO for the first test, and then 12-13 DPO for the second one. I'm not positive on the o date because I wasn't temping or using OPKs, but I did notice EWCM on those days and it aligns with the estimated o date for a 28 day cycle.

I bought a digi today, no mistaking this:
08402a521280916df1685d163d184186.jpg

My husband has been funny and refusing to truly 'believe' that I was pregnant because the line was faint. I kept saying 'a line is a line!' Anyway, I sent him an sms of that today saying, believe me now??

I'm due 3rd August!

The JBP and the big preg thread are dead these days! Boo.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results