shape
carat
color
clarity

(Mostly) finished product!

Eagle2015

Rough_Rock
Niel|1448139009|3952550 said:
The profile comparison is strikingly different, where the top is similar, but subtle changes make it more fuid and wearable (notice how its not getting in between the fingers anymore )

That side-by-side is remarkable, thanks for doing that! I'm really SO, SO happy I got advice from this forum, I wasn't exactly thrilled with how the first one turned out but I didn't know exactly WHAT was wrong with it and HOW to make it flow better...the advice and visuals were an absolute god-send, because that new setting is gorgeous...the 3/4 angle shot I posted (I believe the 4th picture) has me as much in love with the setting as the sapphire (well, almost :) ).

And one note on the ring finger shots: it's a little misleading because my sisters finger is smaller than the ring size, I think on my GF's finger you'll see that the spacing isn't as much of an issue...but it'll be almost another month before I can get pictures of that :shhh:

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have a look where I've added the red line. Ask your jeweller to drop all the stones to this level. Currently you can't see the culet of any of the stones so they can be dropped further down without any impact. The sides of the shank, where they sweep upwards to the head of the ring is too thick which is driving the height (together with the space between the donut and head).

Personally I love high/big rings and I adore the look on your hand but I don't like the sides of the shank (where it meets the head) as it looks clumsy on what is otherwise a really adorable ring.

pricescope.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LD |1448141028|3952561 said:
Have a look where I've added the red line. Ask your jeweller to drop all the stones to this level. Currently you can't see the culet of any of the stones so they can be dropped further down without any impact. The sides of the shank, where they sweep upwards to the head of the ring is too thick which is driving the height (together with the space between the donut and head).

Personally I love high/big rings and I adore the look on your hand but I don't like the sides of the shank (where it meets the head) as it looks clumsy on what is otherwise a really adorable ring.

Hes had the ring remade, the one on the left is his new ring.

Eagle2015

Rough_Rock
LD |1448141028|3952561 said:

As Niel just said, the left pictures are 'new', the right is 'old'. I had it reset basically with everything you've said in mind; it's not sitting super low in the new setting, which allows the cathedral shank to really shine, but it's sitting lower than it had been which was just way too high imo.

Thank you for the feedback though!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hahahaha - always late to the party! I'll just sit here with my bottle of wine and get quietly drunk then! I wondered what the other ring was! :wall:

As you were!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks so much better now. Kudos to Niel's help in RT and CS the past few months.

Eagle2015

Rough_Rock
Updates! Got the ring delivered to work today, I just took some pics in my car; keep in mind this isn't direct sunlight, I got a little sun but it looks STUNNING even without direct sunlight, I can't wait to get it out in the open. I won't have a chance for that until Friday afternoon but I'll post some more pictures and a video then.

I'm thrilled with how this turned out! I don't see any imperfections or issues with the setting at all, and it's far more elegant/delicate than I even thought when I saw the pictures from my sister.

Excuse the man hands :) Thankfully I have narrow fingers and my GF's are almost the same size, so this actually fits on my ring finger (very snugly, I made sure not to get the damn thing stuck).

img_0921.jpg

img_9910.jpg

img_9911.jpg

img_9912.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new pics :love: :love: :love:
The beautiful center stone is the true star in this elegant setting. You have made a great choice.

Eagle2015

Rough_Rock
Acinom|1448389797|3953614 said:
The beautiful center stone is the true star in this elegant setting. You have made a great choice.

Thank you!!! That means a lot. I waffled over and over between this stone (from my sister's shop) and another that came up in my other thread, a very beautiful gem in its own right but lighter in tone. Most of the advice was to go with the other stone but I loved this one so much and felt like the pictures were just very poor lighting/poor quality and they just weren't showing the real quality of this sapphire. I'm thrilled with my decision; again, these aren't full daylight, it's inside my car but not exposed to the sun, I think this is the way the gem will look even indoors during the day; at night it'll be a deeper blue (per the other photos) and I'm fine with that. In daylight this thing is incredible!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Eagle2015|1448391557|3953623 said:
Acinom|1448389797|3953614 said:

Thank you!!! That means a lot. I waffled over and over between this stone (from my sister's shop) and another that came up in my other thread, a very beautiful gem in its own right but lighter in tone. Most of the advice was to go with the other stone but I loved this one so much and felt like the pictures were just very poor lighting/poor quality and they just weren't showing the real quality of this sapphire. I'm thrilled with my decision; again, these aren't full daylight, it's inside my car but not exposed to the sun, I think this is the way the gem will look even indoors during the day; at night it'll be a deeper blue (per the other photos) and I'm fine with that. In daylight this thing is incredible!

Well that's looks like a million dollars. You did a great job (have I said that too much??) You've seen the stone in person, and photos only capture so much. You made the call with your eyes, and that's the best way to do it. ::)

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any news???

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results