shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your pears!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a cute chunky pear! LOVE the shape! Do you know what the l to w ratio is for it? I think the ring is wonderful...I am NOT a baguette person (just don't like 'em!) but I have to say, they look really good as sidestones for the pear.

Don't get hung up on the appraisal/specs - the point is, did you love your ring beforehand? Of course! Is it the same beautiful stone as before? Yes! When I found PS and plugged all the numbers into cut calculators and whatnot, they were all over the board...it's just different for fancy stones. I've got a pear I adore and it sparkles it's heart out, and I love to look at it! It sounds like you do too, and that's what matters!

Can I say again how much I like the design of the ring with the baguette sidestones? Seriously!!!!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow, kittykat! your ring is
30.gif
beautiful!!
30.gif

kittykat

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/12/2005 11:24:00 PM
Author: FireGoddess
What a cute chunky pear! LOVE the shape! Do you know what the l to w ratio is for it? I think the ring is wonderful...I am NOT a baguette person (just don''t like ''em!) but I have to say, they look really good as sidestones for the pear.

Don''t get hung up on the appraisal/specs - the point is, did you love your ring beforehand? Of course! Is it the same beautiful stone as before? Yes! When I found PS and plugged all the numbers into cut calculators and whatnot, they were all over the board...it''s just different for fancy stones. I''ve got a pear I adore and it sparkles it''s heart out, and I love to look at it! It sounds like you do too, and that''s what matters!

Can I say again how much I like the design of the ring with the baguette sidestones? Seriously!!!!
FireGoddess. Thanks for you glowing reviews! I have to say that your pear is one of my favorites on the thread it is just FANTASTIC as is your ring! I dont know what the l to w ratio is I think I remember the length being 8.40 and the width maybe 6. something, but I do really enjoy the chunkyness.
As for the specs I try not to get hung up on them, and yes I thought the stone was beautiful before I learned the specs. Everyday I love the stone more and more especially because my FI picked it out just for me!

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Yay!! Another pear!! Welcome!

It''s beautiful kittykat! Don''t you just love the fire? My little pear shows fire even under icky fluorescent office lighting. I have to say I like the chunkier pears better than the "ideal" l:w ratio ones - they''re so cute! 1.38cts?!? What size is your finger? It looks huge! I totally agree with FG, the bags look great with your pear! I am definitely not a fan of bags, but PS is slowly turning me.

Any more pears out there ladies and gents?

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
I think your pear/bag ring looks great too, kittycat.
18.gif
It''s the complete opposite in style terms to Firegoddess''s ring, but just as beautiful. Yours is all cool unfussy classic lines while hers is ultra bling and sparkley elegance. I think it''s great that we can all express our own style and yet all the rings are still so lovely.

BTW, I wouldn''t stress about the specs on your diamonds. The specs on my OEC diamonds don''t look much either, but the diamonds don''t seem to mind or care - they still sparkle like mad!
2.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/13/2005 2:22:29 PM
Author: Bagpuss
The specs on my OEC diamonds don''t look much either, but the diamonds don''t seem to mind or care - they still sparkle like mad!
2.gif
I love that!
emsmile.gif

kittykat

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/13/2005 1:04:02 PM
Author: JCJD
Yay!! Another pear!! Welcome!

It''s beautiful kittykat! Don''t you just love the fire? My little pear shows fire even under icky fluorescent office lighting. I have to say I like the chunkier pears better than the ''ideal'' l:w ratio ones - they''re so cute! 1.38cts?!? What size is your finger? It looks huge! I totally agree with FG, the bags look great with your pear! I am definitely not a fan of bags, but PS is slowly turning me.

Any more pears out there ladies and gents?
JCJD,
I am glad to be in good pear company. Your pear does show an enormous amount of fire!
My finger is a 4.5 and the bring is a size 5. I had it resized to account for swelling.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Hi, I''m new here. I have been drooling over all the pictures everyone has sent in. Everyone has such beautiful diamonds.

I have a pear. I first had it set in a yellow gold setting and have since set it in a white gold solitaire and wear it with my wedding band.

It''s GIA specs are:

2.00 carats
9.91 x 6.69 x 4.53 mm
60% table
67.7% depth
Girdle: very thick to ex thick, faceted
Culet: none
Polish/symetry: g/g
M color
IF clarity

FL very stong blue

pearsolitaire.jpg

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Here is a hand shot, although it''s not very clear it shows how it looks as a whole on the hand.

pearhandshot.jpg

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
very nice lumpkin! doesn''t look like an M to me at all, love the thick setting too
1.gif

and welcome to Pricescope
35.gif

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
One last shot of it in its first home. I love the setting but just felt that the pear competed too much with the other diamonds. I''ve got a 2 ct. round interlap going into it this week (how many diamonds do I really need??? Okay, how many can I justify???)

ring1avatar.jpg

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Thank you! You know, sometimes it looks quite white and bright, but in some lights the color is VERY apparent. It all depends on the lighting. Outside it is gorgous (except on overcast days, but then, nothing looks very sparkly). In some lights it looks like a very mellow, pretty yellowish, off-white. Unfortunately, in some lights it looks a bit grim. I do think it might have been better in yellow gold, but my wedding ring was white gold and I wanted the metals to be the same. All in all I''m glad I set it by itself. I do love this diamond. It''s a very unique one -- no one I know has one like it.

I sure do love to see everyone else''s pears!

Kelly

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Kittycat, where did your fiance get that setting? I LOVE the pear and baguettes. Your setting is just beautiful, I love the knife edge and the way the baguettes are tapered and long and it really sets off your pretty pear. It''s so graceful on your hand. I really wanted a setting like yours but no one had any in stock for a pear and I was too chicken to have anyone order one for me in my size to try it on.

Don''t fret over the specs. I think sometimes ignorance is bliss when it comes to diamond specs (except for knowing what you''re buying so you don''t get ripped off). If we ever get another diamond, I''ve instructed my husband to take the specs with him to the grave, LOL! It''s too easy to get disappointed, but I always try to remember that no one I meet in real life is going to know or care. No one looks that closely unless you know them well, and no one has EVER asked my about the specs on my diamond (the carat weight, yes -- and only one person I know very well, specs, no).

Kelly

kittykat

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/24/2005 9:47:25 PM
Author: lumpkin
Kittycat, where did your fiance get that setting? I LOVE the pear and baguettes. Your setting is just beautiful, I love the knife edge and the way the baguettes are tapered and long and it really sets off your pretty pear. It''s so graceful on your hand. I really wanted a setting like yours but no one had any in stock for a pear and I was too chicken to have anyone order one for me in my size to try it on.

Don''t fret over the specs. I think sometimes ignorance is bliss when it comes to diamond specs (except for knowing what you''re buying so you don''t get ripped off). If we ever get another diamond, I''ve instructed my husband to take the specs with him to the grave, LOL! It''s too easy to get disappointed, but I always try to remember that no one I meet in real life is going to know or care. No one looks that closely unless you know them well, and no one has EVER asked my about the specs on my diamond (the carat weight, yes -- and only one person I know very well, specs, no).

Kelly
Hi Kelly,
Thanks for your sweet compliment. I was just about to post a message expressing how beautiful your pear is as well as the fact that it looks so white to be an M when I read your question to me!
My fiance got the setting at (please forgive the mispelling) The Altobelli Jeweler in Los Angeles. It was a vintage piece and it comes with a matching band. However, I have seen a great one that''s exactly the same (without the knife edge) on Whiteflash. Also, Martin Flyer makes a really nice one just like it with a matching band as well. I''m pretty sure you can have one made just like it! Tiffany makes a really nice version of this style that could be custom made. They used to have a great photo of one on the Signed Pieces web site but they sold it. You might be able to contact Signed Pieces and see if they still have the picture to email you. Harry Winston also made a great ring in this style which you could probably locate a photo of. Your pear would look great in this settin. Especially since it is so huge and the setting is so dainty. The Tiffany pear in this setting was 2.03 carats. It looked great! I drooled for a while until they sold it. Hope this long bablling helps.

Sandra

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome lumpkin! Your pear is beautiful!! And the fluor!!! I love it! I agree, it looks great in the wide solitaire. Are you putting in a pear interlap or another shape into your original setting?

kittykat - Thank you! I recently discovered that my diamond has some fluor, which might account for some of the fire I think. Either way, I love fire and I love fluor, so it was an exciting discovery!

I know there are more pears on PS than we have in here.... Come on ladies (and gents), join the fun!!

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
If we round KittyKat''s pear from K/M to a L, we''ve got everything from D though M covered except for a J!

FireGoddess and her D
DiamondLil and her E
Cflutist and her F
JCJD and her G
Pearcrazy and her H
Pearcrazy and her I
J???
MaryAliana and her K
KittyKat and her "L"
lumpkin and her M

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
JCDC,

I love flourescence, too. When I do my nails and put them under the UV light to dry, my pear just lights up like a neon blue light! I really love it. I also am not so fearful of changing it because the flourescence makes it really unique (but I do trust my jeweler).

I like the way your ring is set. It''s not like anything else and it is very feminine.

I decided to put a round interlap in my gold setting. I just got it back today and posted it in the yellow gold settings thread. I think rounds are the best czs. Harder to spot than many other shapes.

I would love to see some fancy colored pears. I drooled over that yellow sapphire pear. But then, I LOVE sapphire of any color. The pink sapphires are wonderful. If I ever get another setting I think I might put in a pink sapphire asscher into a vintage setting. But not for awhile, LOL!

Kelly

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/25/2005 2:27:47 PM
If we round KittyKat''s pear from K/M to a L, we''ve got everything from D though M covered except for a J!

FireGoddess and her D
DiamondLil and her E
Cflutist and her F
JCJD and her G
Pearcrazy and her H
Pearcrazy and her I
J???
MaryAliana and her K
KittyKat and her ''L''
lumpkin and her M
Here is my J. It''s 3.22 carats, VVS1. I don''t like the colour and am looking for a replacement. Lower clarity is OK but I just can''t get used to the J!

PearHand.JPG

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/27/2005 6:32:36 AM
Author: DiaDiva

Date: 5/25/2005 2:27:47 PM

FireGoddess and her D
DiamondLil and her E
Cflutist and her F
JCJD and her G
Pearcrazy and her H
Pearcrazy and her I
J???
MaryAliana and her K
KittyKat and her ''L''
lumpkin and her M
Here is my J. It''s 3.22 carats, VVS1. I don''t like the colour and am looking for a replacement. Lower clarity is OK but I just can''t get used to the J!

Here is another pic where you can see that the tip is a more yellow.

MariaPear1.JPG

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DD, welcome to the club. What are the specs (in addition to the J-VVS1) on your honker of a stone?
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Tex

Rough_Rock
Wow, pretty pears! Well, everyone was so helpful about my "Too much bling for hippie chick?" post and asked that I post my rings here. I actually got a better picture of them too. I love the pear diamond, but I'm still deciding about the bands. As someone who has never owned a nice piece of jewelry before, I'm not used to so much sparkle! Thinking of getting just plain solitaire and wedding band, but who knows? I may get accustomed to the sparkly channel settings.
emsmile.gif
They're on my middle finger cuz I still need to get them resized.

Copy of DSC00075-1.jpg

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
That is so pretty. I don''t think it''s too much for a hippy chick! I think you will get used to it really fast and then you''ll be wondering how you lived without it! Very pretty pear and nice setting.

Kelly

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
DiaDiva,

I think your pear is very nice. In fact there isn''t a pear here I wouldn''t be proud to wear. I''m sorry the color bothers you. Some people are just really sensitive to any hint of yellow tint. To me, pears are one of the shapes that can take a little color and still be very pretty -- maybe it''s the association I have with fruit pears. Anyway, I think your pear is lovely.

Kelly

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/27/2005 11:48:26 PM
Author: lumpkin
DiaDiva,

I think your pear is very nice. In fact there isn''t a pear here I wouldn''t be proud to wear. I''m sorry the color bothers you. Some people are just really sensitive to any hint of yellow tint. To me, pears are one of the shapes that can take a little color and still be very pretty -- maybe it''s the association I have with fruit pears. Anyway, I think your pear is lovely.

Kelly
Kelly,
Thanks for the compliment!
19.gif
You''ve given me a lovely way to re-look at my slightly yellow pear. That''ll help give me the patience I need while looking for another. I never really thought I was colour sensitive till now.

Cflutist,
I don''t remember most of the specs since I''m at work now. What I do remember is that the pear is 1.5:1 which is the proportion that I like. The depth is between 63% to 65%. It''s actually a really pretty stone but for the colour! BTW, I wear a ring size of 5.50.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I have been having trouble posting pics I take, so this may be horrible! But the ring is the ring I was engaged with, 1975. All I know about it is - .96ct. Slightly yellow in color and visible inclusions (carbon). I am thinking about setting into a pendant, perhaps with halo around it.

engage 029 (2).jpg

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry about that huge picture. Maybe someone can tell me how to reduce the size. I have been trying, but no luck so far.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Hmm, let''s see if this works better:

engaged 2.jpg

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
I just resized your photo from approximately 1100 x 1100 to approximately 600 x 600 using a photo editing program.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
It''s not a really clear picture, but it looks like the mounting is brushed gold. I''ll bet that is really pretty, and you don''t have to worry about fingerprints and scratches as much. I hope you can get some more pictures -- I''d love to see them!

Kelly

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results