shape
carat
color
clarity

2 carat center stone too big on size 2.5 finger?

bayBee

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

My SO has been looking at e-rings in the 1.5 – 2.5 carat range in a few different cuts (mainly square radiant, asscher, and Flanders). My ring finger is a 2.5, but I think I’ll size up to a 2.75 since I swell a bit in warmer weather.

I’ve tried on a 2 ct rectangular radiant before (pics below) and didn’t think it looked bad at all, but the sales associate laughed and said I was silly for even considering it! *Note: The band was the smallest one they had in the store and was just for try-on purposes. I want something simpler and thinner, between 1 – 1.5mm.
2_carat_rectangular_radiant.jpg 2_carat_rectangular_radiant_2_5.jpg

Anyway, lately my SO has been talking a lot about compass/kite setting a 2 ct square stone. I’m worried that it will look too wide on my finger and it’ll just look like a floating loose diamond! I really want there to be some band showing on both sides of the diamond since I just prefer that look.

Anyone have thoughts on this or examples to share? I realize my finger size is quite small, so I welcome other carat and ring size combos! Oh and just in case, this is what I mean by compass/kite setting found on Pinterest:
035e008a0590609c37efc9840222e964.jpg

p.s. Sorry, I'm fairly new here and don't know how to resize images!!!

The sales associate isn't very smart and sounds like he/she talked themselves out of a sell. You definitely have some dainty, little, pixie fingers! I am a size 3.5, but am waiting on my engagement ring to come in, so I don't have pictures, sorry. I just wanted to say that both diamonds would look good on you, especially the first. I think 2 carats and a thicker band would suit you fine. I'm not a big fan of ultra skinny bands because they look too fragile.

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
As someone who is a size 2.25, my answer is NO! It's about what you like, not about what someone thinks should look good for you. For our finger size, a 2ct. can look like a 4 ct, but that should not deter you from getting what you want. :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results