shape
carat
color
clarity

Pearlman.com proposal

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hopefulheidi

Shiny_Rock
Did anyone else notice the worldwide proposal on Pearlman.com this morning??

I was just perusing their main page when I saw a link that said "Toni click here" which I thought was an awfully odd name for a ring designer ;-) When I clicked on the link it went to this page: http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/clickhere.html (screenshot attached below).

How incredibly sweet is that? As a web guru I can appreciate an online proposal such as this.

And what a gorgeous ring!

toniproposal.jpg

Toni is a lucky girl!

MaybeDayze

Shiny_Rock
Thanks HopefulHeidi, what a great find. What a way to propose! And what a ring to propose with!
31.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Wow!! i wonder if she drools over Bill Pearlman''s site all the time and how she will find his proposal. for that ring..i could be tony
9.gif

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Wow that is great. What a BEAUTIFUL ring to go with the proposal!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh that''s an awesome ring and what a neat way to propose!!
36.gif

michela002

Shiny_Rock
Oh that is so sweet! I hope she said yes. Hehe!
1.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How long until someone does it on Pricescope
9.gif
Cool stuff !

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2005 3
6.gif
9:13 PM
Author: valeria101
How long until someone does it on Pricescope
9.gif
Cool stuff !
LOL, that is such an awesome idea!!

hopefulheidi

Shiny_Rock
I wondered that myself!

With as obsessively as I check these forums (and I know I''m not the only one!) it would probably knock me off my chair if I came here and found a proposal waiting for me.

Maybe we should pop into Proposal ideas and link to this thread? ;-) hehe

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
i just checked and the proposal is still up in that site, so I gues she hasn''t seen it yet. I think that was a great idea!! And I truly can appreciate the Pearlman''s website playing a part in the proposal because I drool over their stuff almost every other day!

bluedawg

Shiny_Rock
That is really clever and cute.

mrssalvo, that ring would be perfect for your upgrade...
9.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2005 5:57:10 PM
Author: bluedawg
That is really clever and cute.

mrssalvo, that ring would be perfect for your upgrade...
9.gif

No Kidding, I''ll have to save that one to my ring folder for hubby
31.gif

mepearl53

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi All,

I just came across this post and thought I would let you know what the story was here. I get to meet many wonderful people who come to me over the internet. Every once in awhile a young man comes around that just hits me in the heart with his love for his bride to be. Tom was one of these people. We exchanged many email and phone calls to make this ring which was over 4.0ct and a AGS000 beauty! Tom was involved with technology and actually met Toni over the net, match.com. With 33 years in the business I have a lot of experience with proposals and we were working on the perfect one when we came up with the idea of doing it on my site. Toni had found the ring on my site and directed Tom to it. These were Tom''s words and very sweet. She was so in love with this Michael B ring! One weekend when the ring was ready and he was taking her away on the "secret weekend" to propose he said to her the ring was not available. He said that they would look again and see if there was something else she would like. She was major league disappointed :( So on this Friday evening they were at the hotel he had taken her to and got his laptop out and got on my designer page. She was looking at the designers and saw this, "Toni click here" She gave him a puzzled look and clicked on and dropped her jaw. He got her! She turned to him and he gave her the ring and asked for her hand. His story to me was so sweet and I was so proud of him. He asked me to leave it up for the weekend so he could show his friends and family the ring. By Monday We had over 2500 hits on the link and hundreds of congratulations emails. We''ve done it a few more times since then but this was Tom''s idea mostly and I think his words are appropriate for many in love so I left it up.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you sooooo much for the update. That is such a sweet story and one AMAZING ring. Boy I would love to see a few hand shots of that baby
30.gif
maybe in a few years I can post my own
31.gif
3.gif
2.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2005 5:23:48 PM
Author: mepearl53
Mrs S Your dog looks like my dog!

maybe they''re cousins
1.gif
I just love labs...
your doggie is very cute

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
I saw this thread when it was first posted, but wondered if the proposer was someone that worked at Pearlmans. Wow...the back story brought tears to my eyes. Thanks for sharing Bill.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
I was wondering if she said "yes." Thanks for the update Bill! It was wonderful of you to play a part in the proposal!!!

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for the update Bill! What a lovely proposal, it brought tears to my eyes!

I absolutely love your website, it is one of the easiest to use, yet it has a very sophisticated and classy look!
9.gif

mepearl53

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I have so many of these stories and it makes me so proud of these young men who go to such lengths to make the proposal special. I, like them, am a hopeless romantic and pray that they can have as successful a marriage as I have had. For those who have spoken to me you know the energy I put in to making the presentation special. For those of us who have been married for a long time you understand the work that goes into a marriage. To see some of these kids ( ours are 31 and 27) do what they do to say "I Love You" gives me hope that with work they can live together in romantic love. This is what my industry is all about. Today is my wife''s, Dana, and my anniversary. I love her more than the day that we met As we all discuss the ways of purchasing the "right" diamond let us not forget at the end what this purchase is to symbolize. Yours is a quest for the perfect symbol to express endlessly words of love. Off to dinner!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
awesome! thanks for the update, that is so cool!
(love your website too!)
36.gif

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Geeze, tears again!!!

Date: 5/27/2005 7:14:30 PM
I have so many of these stories and it makes me so proud of these young men who go to such lengths to make the proposal special. I, like them, am a hopeless romantic and pray that they can have as successful a marriage as I have had. For those who have spoken to me you know the energy I put in to making the presentation special. For those of us who have been married for a long time you understand the work that goes into a marriage. To see some of these kids ( ours are 31 and 27) do what they do to say 'I Love You' gives me hope that with work they can live together in romantic love. This is what my industry is all about. Today is my wife's, Dana, and my anniversary. I love her more than the day that we met As we all discuss the ways of purchasing the 'right' diamond let us not forget at the end what this purchase is to symbolize. Yours is a quest for the perfect symbol to express endlessly words of love. Off to dinner!
What a precious gift you and your wife share! Hope you had a delightful dinner, and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! May you enjoy many, many more wonderful years together!
1.gif

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh Bill, you are so sweet and such a romantic. I have tears in my eyes after reading the proposal story and reading about your own wonderful marriage. I love that you show Toni''s ring on your website. It''s so great that you are able to make so many people''s dreams come true. Congratulations to you on your marriage and thanks for helping so many others find happiness!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just discovered Bill Pearlman''s site today...between his ad here on Pricescope and his Gurhan 24K gold jewelry. My dog claims kinship with the other yellow Labs.

Deb

BiscuitAge9.jpg

laughinggravy

Shiny_Rock
Woah - edited after having read the whole thread - still to say the same thing, that's a very sweet story - and a fab ring!
Abi

mepearl53

Shiny_Rock
Trade
http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/Product.asp?DesignerID=12&ItemTypeID=1&ItemID=1140&start=0

A few years ago we had another young man plan the perfect proposal. The above link is to a ring called the Eiffel Tower ring. This was a DeBeers award winner in 2003. He had taken her away to Paris to present this ring actually on the Eiffel Tower. When he asked her for her hand she jumped into his arms and said yes but with such force that it knocked him over. He spent the next 9 days in a hospital with multiple fractures in his leg. It put new meaning into the phrase, "break a leg" ;-)

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/31/2005 12:24:00 PM
http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/Product.asp?DesignerID=12&ItemTypeID=1&ItemID=1140&start=0

A few years ago we had another young man plan the perfect proposal. The above link is to a ring called the Eiffel Tower ring. This was a DeBeers award winner in 2003. He had taken her away to Paris to present this ring actually on the Eiffel Tower. When he asked her for her hand she jumped into his arms and said yes but with such force that it knocked him over. He spent the next 9 days in a hospital with multiple fractures in his leg. It put new meaning into the phrase, ''break a leg'' ;-)
6.gif

but it''s a very pretty ring
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results