shape
carat
color
clarity

PLEASE HELP VOTE AND HELP ME!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
I vote for # 5 too!

Good luck and congratulations!
35.gif

Christy42

Shiny_Rock
Hey everyone!

Looking, here''s my .02.

I say #5 for sure. It''s gorgeous. The others are a bit bulky for me. I also think the bulk of the other rings will take away from the huge rock and we wouldn''t want to do that! #5 looks more like an engagement ring. A rock that big doesn''t need a halo and the rest of the rings are very "right hand ringish". To me anyway. Hope this helps! Congrats on such a gorgeous bride and kudos to you for giving her such a gorgeous ring!
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Don''t forget to post pics and lots of them once it''s set!!! Hand pics too!!!
36.gif

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
I actually love the rosebud ring valeria posted. It''s very similar to the #5 mounting, but a little more delicate looking. With such a huge rock, it might be better to go with a slightly simpler setting so that the setting doesn''t overwhelm the center stone. (though, really, could a 3+ ct rock possibly be overwhelmed?
3.gif
)

You guys make a beautiful couple, btw!

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on your engagement. You look adorable together.

I am with Brightspot on this one. I really like the one that Valeria/Ana posted. I think the delicate contrast of the band will make the center stone *pop* that much more.

Good luck! Post pics. People around here *must * *have* *their* *eye* *candy*. hehe.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
not to add to your confusion (bad mrssalvo) but Ana brings up a couple of good points. here's one of my Michael B faves and is made for a 3 carat.
03P13.jpg

here's the link

or
26P13.jpg

link to 2nd one

of course it took me a year to chose my own setting so I may not be of much help...I LOVE THEM ALL
9.gif

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
I like #5 and then #2

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the rosebud one that valeria posted and like others think it''s like #5, but more delicate.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i agree re: less metal around the big stone the better...showcase that pavilion as well and the fabulous outline of the diamond, love that.

something like the mrs.salvo michael b would be fabulous..there was a 3c in that 3rd shot she posted...but that setting is $8k! so maybe something similar but not as expensive, don''t know your budget.

some pave, some split prongs and a delicate head and i''d be done!
2.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2005 2:32:48 PM
Author: kaleigh
I love the rosebud one that valeria posted and like others think it's like #5, but more delicate.

I agree, that one would be very stunning as well..i'm just wondering what it would look like with a round???

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Yes totally, Mrssalvo. My personal preference is to have a simpler setting with a larger stone and vice versa. You do not want anything that will overwhelm the stone!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara, 8K for that setting, yikes!!!

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/27/2005 1:26:29 PM
Author: BrightSpot
I actually love the rosebud ring valeria posted. It''s very similar to the #5 mounting, but a little more delicate looking. With such a huge rock, it might be better to go with a slightly simpler setting so that the setting doesn''t overwhelm the center stone. (though, really, could a 3+ ct rock possibly be overwhelmed?
3.gif
)

You guys make a beautiful couple, btw!
That''s exactly why, with the choices given, I thought #2 would look better. With a center stone that big, a setting with so much bling might start looking more like a cocktail ring than an engagement ring. When it comes to big stones, less is more with the mounting in my book. But''s that''s just my opinion.

looking4carats

Rough_Rock
HERE IS A PIC OF THE DIAMOND I WILL BE POSTING MORE.
3.108 AGS H&A J SI1

ring 002 SMALL2.JPG

looking4carats

Rough_Rock
guys this is a similiar version of the setting #5 . what you think??
Valeria i love the rosebud setting!! it is a final one between #5!!!!!

j133742.JPG

looking4carats

Rough_Rock
Another one with the setting she has now

ring 003 SMALL2.JPG

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well the stone is just GORGEOUS....If you are deciding b/t the Daniel K and #5, after some thought, I like the lighter more delicate feel of the Daniel K (if it can work with a round). The 2 recent ones you posted look heavy to me, if that makes sense, maybe a RHR, but too much for an engagement ring.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow that is one gorgeous stone!!!
30.gif
I still like the one Valeria posted because it is more delicate than #5, but that''s just me. The last one you posted is nice but a little chunky, IMHO.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2005 5:12:49 PM
Author: looking4carats
Another one with the setting she has now
Call me crazy, but I would keep it as is, maybe get the same setting in platinum instead of white hold so that it has more weight. I''m 32, so your fiancee and I are about the same age (and same ring size), and I think a simple design looks "younger", and shows off the stone really well. I would not want any of the elaborate designs you posted until I was about say.....45.

If you guys must INSIST on a diamond encrusted look, I think the Rosebud that Valeria posted gets my pick.

I''m as opinionated and straight-forward as they come!

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
I was just looking again at the one Valeria posted. I am having a hard time imagining that with a RB. (It''s time to go home...lol).

Correct me if I am wrong, but the ones shown are somewhat shallow while the RB might be a bit deeper. I guess I would take elements of that setting and have one of the vendors on here do a custom job on it or Leon deepending on budget.

Food for thought.

elmo65

Rough_Rock
I like #5 the best and then #1 second best.... You guys are a really cute couple!! She''s a lucky girl with a ring like that!!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Actually, I love the setting it''s in now. I agree w/ jason''smom that it looks younger & perhaps a bit more classic than the pave settings. It''s simple and lovely & really shows off the stone. You could always dress it up with a fancy or pave wedding band to add interest.

If you definitely want a pave setting, I still like the Rosebud setting valeria posted. I''m afraid a setting too chunky might be overwhelming & look more like a cocktail ring. Just my 2¢...

Joane

Rough_Rock
Very beautiful all around! Congratulations! Another vote for the Rosebud setting. It''s delicate yet supports the large stone with distinction.

nicoly

Rough_Rock
I vote for #5. It is gorgeous!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
congrats,beautiful ring.
10.gif
30.gif
keep it in that classic 4 prong setting.
2.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I think the setting it is in now is by far the prettiest one posted so far. The others as they say have too much sugar for a dime. If ya''ll feel the need for a little bit more why not get a enternty band to wear as her w-band?

pspaniac

Rough_Rock
I just love #1, but think the halo will be too much with a diamond that size. Can you tell me where you found that setting?

VuittonGal

Shiny_Rock
I love number 1!!!

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
I think you did the right thing here...I''d probably lean towards #5 as well, but I like #1 too. Either way, her stone won''t sparkle as much as you 2 do! You are SO cute together! Best of luck to your future!
emotion-5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results