color
clarity

My Whiteflash ACA in Caysie CvB rose gold platinum setting

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: My Whiteflash ACA in Caysie CvB rose gold platinum setti

Thank you ladies!

The new setting is finally ready so I am sending back the ring on Monday, but after having it for almost two months now, I can say that I absolutely love the eight prong basket Dahlia head. It gives just the right silhouette effect. I highly recommend something similar for those people who want a halo look but don't want an actual halo. It would be a beautiful pendant as well! (Hhhhmmmm, the wheels are turning).

It also really makes the diamond bigger. I had a 9 mm moissanite set in a rose gold solitaire which I purchased when I was still deciding on a reset, and when compared side by side with my CvB setting, they looked the same size, even though my ACA is 8.6 mm. If I could post a comparison pick, I would.

Also, the eight prongs really makes the diamond secure. It's securely covered by the prongs and with the additional prongs, the diamond really can't budge either. I was always worried with a four prong setting that my diamond would get loose.

I also love the rose gold and platinum contrast. I am fairly tan, so on my hand it appears that the diamond is sort of floating on its in. And I think the contrast makes the diamond really pop!

I can't wait to get the new setting with the slightly wider, but more importantly higher profile shank!

I will post pictures once I get it.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone! Just an update for those wanting to see the new ring. I just received it yesterday in the mail.
I absolutely love the extra width and height it has now. It feels so much sturdier and of course the height of the basket is high enough to clear my wedding bands.
This time I did not add milgrain to the band or donut profile. It still has a soft knife edge.
I am very happy with the results.

_34742.jpg

_34743.jpg

_34744.jpg

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium

More pictures!

_34745.jpg

_34746.jpg

_34747.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow, that is one gorgeous ring! I especially love the milgrain! Amazing!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium

And on my hand!

_34748.jpg

_34750.jpg

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

I love this ring so much both ways!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium

And a picture I found by love affair diamonds.

Awesome baskets!

Left to right: Dahlia, Harlow, Amanda and Casablanca.

_34751.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful ring - so glad that you are happy with the reworked setting - it looks great!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock

I'm glad to hear that you got your ring back and that you are pleased with the modifications. It really is an exquisite setting.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you ladies! I do absolutely love the setting.

I unfortunately found that the diamond is loose! The prongs are catching on my sweaters and my hair keeps getting caught in them. The diamond rattles in the basket, so now I have to send it back to be tightened! I wish I could just have it fixed locally but the prongs are so delicate, I'm afraid that they might get messed up, dented, etc. by someone else.

I will have to wait to send it back too bc Caysie's bench is on vacation!

First world problems, right?

Sundial

Ideal_Rock

Butterfly17|1444232289|3935814 said:
Thank you ladies! I do absolutely love the setting.

I unfortunately found that the diamond is loose! The prongs are catching on my sweaters and my hair keeps getting caught in them. The diamond rattles in the basket, so now I have to send it back to be tightened! I wish I could just have it fixed locally but the prongs are so delicate, I'm afraid that they might get messed up, dented, etc. by someone else.

I will have to wait to send it back too bc Caysie's bench is on vacation!

First world problems, right?

What a pain! You just get your ring back and now you have to part with it again, but you certainly don't want to risk losing the diamond. I hope everything works out okay so you can finally wear this beauty.

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock

I love the modifications that you made to your ring. :appl: It is the epitome of glamour! I hope that you get the prongs tightened soon so that you can enjoy wearing your gorgeous ring! :love:

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you so much Ladies!

I have been wearing it here and there. The eight prongs really adds extra protection. It's really a beautiful ring. I absolutely love the rose gold. This time the rose gold is slightly pinker than the last one, so when compared to my Tiffany bands, the TIffany bands appear more yellow to me.

I also love the way the basket turned out. It is exactly what I wanted and it really does make the diamond look bigger.

I can't wait to fix it so I can really wear it.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

That is an exquisite ring! :love: I hope it can be tightened up and back to you quickly!

dhimer

Shiny_Rock

Thank you so much Ladies!

I have been wearing it here and there. The eight prongs really adds extra protection. It's really a beautiful ring. I absolutely love the rose gold. This time the rose gold is slightly pinker than the last one, so when compared to my Tiffany bands, the TIffany bands appear more yellow to me.

I also love the way the basket turned out. It is exactly what I wanted and it really does make the diamond look bigger.

I can't wait to fix it so I can really wear it.

Hi. I know this is an old thread and that you sold the ring. But wondering if you could give some feedback on the dahlia. Your version is the only one I saw that is modified to have more of a halo effect. I love that. I wonder how practical it is. Did the prongs catch on things (hair, sweaters etc). Did you find them secure enough for rough wear/activity? Anything else you would have changed? Thank you

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. I know this is an old thread and that you sold the ring. But wondering if you could give some feedback on the dahlia. Your version is the only one I saw that is modified to have more of a halo effect. I love that. I wonder how practical it is. Did the prongs catch on things (hair, sweaters etc). Did you find them secure enough for rough wear/activity? Anything else you would have changed? Thank you

Hi! The Dahlia I had was the first named Dahlia CVB made. She made a similar ring previously but she named it something else, I think the Ann. She told me she felt I had requested so many modifications to the other ring my version was a completely different ring, hence the name change.
I specifically wanted the metal halo effect bc it not only made my diamond look bigger, it also protected it.
I never had an issues with the prongs catching anything. They were very delicate and small and as long as they are done right they shouldn’t give you any problems either.
I never really wore the ring during rough wear (working out, cleaning, gardening, etc) so I can’t say if they were secure enough but the ring had 8 prongs and 8 prongs are added security already.

I would not have changed anything. I only changed my ring bc I upgraded. It was a beautiful ring and well made. And CVB’s work is impeccable.

maldkelton

Shiny_Rock
Im currently working with CVB right now on a modified Dahlia! I curious how yours has more
Hi! The Dahlia I had was the first named Dahlia CVB made. She made a similar ring previously but she named it something else, I think the Ann. She told me she felt I had requested so many modifications to the other ring my version was a completely different ring, hence the name change.
I specifically wanted the metal halo effect bc it not only made my diamond look bigger, it also protected it.
I never had an issues with the prongs catching anything. They were very delicate and small and as long as they are done right they shouldn’t give you any problems either.
I never really wore the ring during rough wear (working out, cleaning, gardening, etc) so I can’t say if they were secure enough but the ring had 8 prongs and 8 prongs are added security already.

I would not have changed anything. I only changed my ring bc I upgraded. It was a beautiful ring and well made. And CVB’s work is impeccable.

I'm currently working with CVB right now on a modified Dahlia! I am curious how yours has more of a halo affect, as other have said? I thought the Dahlia head is what gave the ring the halo affect to begin with? I love your ring and im sitting here to trying to compare to other Dahila's to see if I need to reach out to CVB and ask for the more pronounced halo.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Im currently working with CVB right now on a modified Dahlia! I curious how yours has more

I'm currently working with CVB right now on a modified Dahlia! I am curious how yours has more of a halo affect, as other have said? I thought the Dahlia head is what gave the ring the halo affect to begin with? I love your ring and im sitting here to trying to compare to other Dahila's to see if I need to reach out to CVB and ask for the more pronounced halo.

I would just send her my pictures and ask her if she can make it similar. I think the metal height of the petals in the basket is what gives it a more halo effect. They seem to be higher from a profile view although I haven’t really compared it to other Dahlias.
The extra height of the metal I think is what makes it stick out more.

dhimer

Shiny_Rock

Thank you. I love the pronounced halo of your version. Was trying to decide between this and a bezel since I’m rough on rings. I also hate stuff ( cream, sanitizer etc) getting stuck in the basket or prongs ( what happens to my ering currently). Did you find that to be the case by any chance ?

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you. I love the pronounced halo of your version. Was trying to decide between this and a bezel since I’m rough on rings. I also hate stuff ( cream, sanitizer etc) getting stuck in the basket or prongs ( what happens to my ering currently). Did you find that to be the case by any chance ?

Hi! I haven’t really found that lotion gets stuck on the ring but I don’t really rub lotion on my rings anyway. I do use a lot of hand sanitizer but at work we have the foam kind so it seems to disappear if it gets on my ring.
I put my rings in my ultrasonic once a week usually just to make sure all the crevices get cleaned well.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey: Hello! Just wanted to say that I am truly loving this resurrected thread. I am currently considering a low color old cut stone that I want to set in yellow gold (to play up the yellow in the stone) in either a CVB Dahlia or bezeled in a VC Pauline setting.
I'm getting great ideas and great info! Keep it coming!:)

dhimer

Shiny_Rock
:wavey: Hello! Just wanted to say that I am truly loving this resurrected thread. I am currently considering a low color old cut stone that I want to set in yellow gold (to play up the yellow in the stone) in either a CVB Dahlia or bezeled in a VC Pauline setting.
I'm getting great ideas and great info! Keep it coming!:)

Are you in my mind? Because those are my top 2 choices. I would modify the VC Pauline to have less cathedral. And would get the dahlia in one of these 2 bands
96110F61-144A-4CE3-81E5-A0B750554B10.png
3AD32308-8DF3-4967-A891-8B7B6E489522.jpeg
How big is your stone?

Attachments

• 7BCCC86A-8E94-4BF7-B805-1711AB390C8E.png
    7BCCC86A-8E94-4BF7-B805-1711AB390C8E.png
    516.1 KB · Views: 25

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you in my mind? Because those are my top 2 choices. I would modify the VC Pauline to have less cathedral. And would get the dahlia in one of these 2 bands
96110F61-144A-4CE3-81E5-A0B750554B10.png
3AD32308-8DF3-4967-A891-8B7B6E489522.jpeg
How big is your stone?

:lol: Haahaaa! I suppose we are in each other's minds! I don't have a stone yet.. I have been "research and developing" them. I think (at this point) the yellower the better.. I want to really accent the yellow with a yellow setting.
I love the bands you chose too. I'm looking forward following your bling journey!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results