shape
carat
color
clarity

Show Me Your Alternate Wedding Sets!

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
rubybeth|1443622398|3933445 said:
I have an emerald cut spinel halo split shank ring that I got for my grad school graduation present, and I later got a band that matches the width of the split shanks nearly perfectly, so I have worn this as an alternate to my wedding set on occasion. Spinel was cut by Dan Stair, setting is from eBay (jewelryhoo), and the band I got on Diamond Bistro a long time ago.

Beautiful rubybeth! :love: That is an awesome set that you have created! I may have to get a blue spinel in my future.

Diamondboy11685

Shiny_Rock
_lovesvintage_|1443656856|3933618 said:
Diamondboy11685|1443606851|3933407 said:
What kind of diamond is Goldie? My fancy brown is more like a beautiful gold too. Especially against the yellow gold prongs and basket and my band is set in yellow gold. I just recently got into mixing gold's and yellow gold in general. I just couldn't bring myself to set her in white gold with that beautiful golden color. :appl:

Hi Diamondboy11685! :wavey: I bought Goldie loose as a GIA W-X OEC from LAD. She did not look that great loose, but was unique enough to make me very curious about her. It is not easy finding an antique diamond of its size and color range so I decided to take a chance and am very thrilled that I did! She is an amazing stone and makes me happy when I wear her, even though she does not have that typical flower pattern. It has been repolished though because it now has a faceted girdle. Setting Goldie in yellow gold has made this diamond look very golden, hence her name. I don't typically name my jewelry, but I thought she deserved one even though it is an obvious name. :)

You made the right choice in setting your fancy brown to help bring out its golden charms. :) You are indeed very lucky to have found a partner like that...one who understands you and your love of bling. Well, I am glad you are back on PS. Can't wait to see what other glorious bling you can share with us.
Thanks so much! I used to only love high end white diamonds, but then I started with the yellows and then when I found the loose fancy brown in Israel I had to have it! It was so different from any other diamond I had ever had. It was very fun designing this piece from scratch with my jeweler. I also have a natural green that is set in 2.5 ct of vvs is platinum. When o bought my fancy brown I also purchased a smaller cushion fancy brown that is 2 ct that I want to gave set in a beautiful pendant. I could keep myself and jeweler busy for a long time with all the loose stones and semi mounts that I have lol

picante27

Shiny_Rock
Fun thread!
Here's my original set:

And my new set:

20150904_145211_2.jpg

20150929_145221-1_0.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful wedding sets everyone! :love: Nice to see that others like to change things up a little!

Thanks for the nice words about my profile pic lovesvintage - here are the other rings I wear

img_9516.jpg

img_9518.jpg

img_9521.jpg

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Here's an alternate set of mine.

image_3897.jpg

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
Here's my current set and my alternate. I'm a 3-stone ring gal at heart. I wear the alternate on my right hand.

_446.jpeg

_447.jpeg

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful additions everyone! Thanks so much for sharing the eye candy!

Picante27, you have a great antique and modern set!

Junebug17, I definitely want to play in your jewelry box now! :cheeky:

Tourmaline, I love how you stacked your alternate set!

Farleysmom, you know how to bling it up! Amazing!!!

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Diamondboy11685, sounds like you have tons of projects coming up! Awesome! :)

Diamondboy11685

Shiny_Rock
_lovesvintage_|1443941870|3934675 said:
Yes, but for some reason I've been extremely indecisive about setting my fancy brown diamond pendant. Part of me wants to have something custom that matches the e-ring pretty exact. Another part of me already wants a halo re-set for my big fancy brown that's in my e-ring. What are your thoughts on this? I love getting advise here! :wavey:

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today Victor Canera Trilogy with Erika Winters Viola in RG

_34807.jpg

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look stunning together Mayk!! :love: :love:

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Diamondboy11685 said:
Yes, but for some reason I've been extremely indecisive about setting my fancy brown diamond pendant. Part of me wants to have something custom that matches the e-ring pretty exact. Another part of me already wants a halo re-set for my big fancy brown that's in my e-ring. What are your thoughts on this? I love getting advise here! :wavey:

Hi Diamondboy11685, I haven't been on lately and just saw your post. Do you have a halo setting concept in mind that you absolutely must have and you have the funds to make it happen? Then go for it. If any doubts, then sleep on it. This is your main ER stone, so I wouldn't change anything on a whim. I'd say wear your halo piece around and see how it works out as a stand in for your ER and your day to day life. That is my two cents. :) If you already decided, then congrats on your decision.

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful set Mayk!!! :love: VC and EW make a pretty nice mixed metal look. :drool:

Diamondboy11685

Shiny_Rock
junebug17|1443845484|3934336 said:
Beautiful wedding sets everyone! :love: Nice to see that others like to change things up a little!

Thanks for the nice words about my profile pic lovesvintage - here are the other rings I wear
Wow wow wow! Love your pieces! Your sapphire almost reminds my of my tanzanite I posted on this thread. Nothing compares to that royal blue color, well other than diamonds of course lol

Diamondboy11685

Shiny_Rock
_lovesvintage_|1444558077|3937175 said:
Diamondboy11685 said:

Hi Diamondboy11685, I haven't been on lately and just saw your post. Do you have a halo setting concept in mind that you absolutely must have and you have the funds to make it happen? Then go for it. If any doubts, then sleep on it. This is your main ER stone, so I wouldn't change anything on a whim. I'd say wear your halo piece around and see how it works out as a stand in for your ER and your day to day life. That is my two cents. :) If you already decided, then congrats on your decision.

I'm still thinking on it. I had wanted a halo before I got my band sized because I wanted more finger coverage, but I must admit that now I have the band sized it added something special to it. People notice them 10x more together than when it was only the e-rings. I think I'm leaning against re-setting (for now at least :wall: ) I've been dreaming of a huge pear white diamond (6-8ct range) with a simple elegant halo. I have 5 rings that were bought as "e-rings" upgrading doesn't work for me, because you have to give something back to do that lol. I'm sure I drive my partner crazy every time I say "this will complete my collection" lol.

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Diamondboy11685, I love your current wedding set, so if I were in your shoes, I would hold out for that haloed pear ring you are considering. That sounds so beautiful and would definitely give you the finger coverage that you crave! I think it is great that you have so many ERs. I never considered it until I found PS. You were actually correct in saying that a piece would complete your collection. "For now" are the key words that were left unspoken. :)

Diamondboy11685

Shiny_Rock
_lovesvintage_|1444726489|3937743 said:
Diamondboy11685, I love your current wedding set, so if I were in your shoes, I would hold out for that haloed pear ring you are considering. That sounds so beautiful and would definitely give you the finger coverage that you crave! I think it is great that you have so many ERs. I never considered it until I found PS. You were actually correct in saying that a piece would complete your collection. "For now" are the key words that were left unspoken. :)
Lol "for now", I like that! PS has ruined me :wall: . I used to be completely content with my fake diamond studs, because I always thought that no one was going to be that close to my ears to be able to tell. That changed real quick hehe. I found the most beautiful pair from ID. I just started a company this year and I'm starting to see huge growth. I think I'll reward myself with a giant pear once the money really starts raking in. Well, maybe a new car first lol

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I look for an alternate to the solitaire + band combo, I tend towards diamond band + plain band. i've always loved bands as engagement rings and think it's a classy, understated look. Here's the three combos to which I normally fall back.

ETA UGH! Tried to add some photos but it kept attaching photos I'd previously loaded to PS and deleted. Will try again in a bit.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, trying again here!

3_metal_combo_alt_sets.jpg

3_metal_combo_alt_sets_2.jpg

Victoria10

Shiny_Rock
loving this thread! and so happy to see their are other ppl like me that likes rotating jewelry for different looks. :D

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Diamondboy11685|1444904542|3938467 said:
_lovesvintage_|1444726489|3937743 said:
Lol "for now", I like that! PS has ruined me :wall: . I used to be completely content with my fake diamond studs, because I always thought that no one was going to be that close to my ears to be able to tell. That changed real quick hehe. I found the most beautiful pair from ID. I just started a company this year and I'm starting to see huge growth. I think I'll reward myself with a giant pear once the money really starts raking in. Well, maybe a new car first lol

PS has made me wiser so I know how to spend my money better on some of my jewelry endeavors. Have you posted those earrings? I hear good things about ID jewelry.

So glad to hear that your new company is doing so well. :appl: Yes, you must reward yourself on a job well done because you never know what life has in store for you and all work and no play makes for an uninteresting life. You gotta find that balance! Can't wait to see your pear when that opportunity comes your way. A new car sounds nice too.

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
mrs-blop|1444926098|3938598 said:
Ok, trying again here!

Beautiful alternative sets mrs-blop!!! I like to have sets in all the metal options too. Just recently have I tried to mix metal colors as well, but wear gold with gold and platinum with platinum.

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Victoria10|1444926463|3938601 said:
loving this thread! and so happy to see their are other ppl like me that likes rotating jewelry for different looks. :D

Glad you are enjoying this thread. :) So where are your pics? :naughty: I hope to see some soon. :wavey:

Victoria10

Shiny_Rock
Hehe you're right lovesvintage, didn't post pics yet been forgetting while out in sun. I really enjoy wearing my five stone with trinity band. I feel I am still sentimental because it does represent my family of five and trinity for three kids and their names engrave on bands. But yes my friends don't understand how I enjoy wearing other rings or upgrading. My ring setting in my profile pic is my third upgrade because we married while still in our undergrad. I am allergic to white gold and have very understanding DH who knows I love jewelry.

My second e-ring setting is a beautiful intricate detail setting. I wanted to place a blue sapphire in it. Haven't yet because still learning from threads and training my eyes for color. I am also on fence because I feel putting money into setting and new prongs and fitting sapphire may not be worth it since I am allergic to it. So also looking at settings. When finished I want to wear as alt e-ring and RHR. I love all the rings here. Makes me feel better that I like to change and alt rings.

_34970.jpg

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Victoria10, you sound like a kindred spirit. I see many similarities between us. Thanks for sharing and I love your alternate set too! Do you love that second ER setting enough to have it recreated in a metal you can wear after finding your perfect sapphire and then selling that setting? Not quite sure if it is more costly or not to do it that way though... just a thought. Or was it a stock setting you can purchase in a different metal now? It sounds custom though. Well, I hope you find a way to make it work out for the best. And please come back and post when that happens. :)

Victoria10

Shiny_Rock
Oh thanks lovesvintage your so sweet. You are very nice and have beautiful taste in rings too!

I did look into having it remade. At the time ask for remake as same but plat and same quality of diamonds and cost is almost double now. I guess because I bought it back in 07. I think I am going the route unless I can find stock because the more I think of it I just really love the swirls of metal and diamonds on the side but would change prongs this time. I will post definitely when finish. But won't be until next year because would make lovely anniversary gift :)

Sorry to sidetrack the thread.

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh, anniversary project! Sounds great!!! Sidetracking allowed for news like this. :)

Boo247

Rough_Rock
Oh my word! So much gorgeous bling.
We aren't married until next June so I have to wait until then to wear my set. Here's our platinum set.

My antique e ring is omc 2.4ct centre vs colour I with 0.3ct baguettes. Wedding band is 0.8 of baguettes. Fi has a simple comfort fit platinum band.

_35025.jpg

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium

img_9700.jpg

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium

img_9703.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results