shape
carat
color
clarity

Somebody's Gotta Buy This Stone!

katharath

Ideal_Rock
SparkliesLuver|1442500928|3928813 said:
I feel like I don't often see nice pink garnets, especially of any size and affordable. Worth the post.

2.86ct pink imperial malaia garnet
8.17 x 5.39 mm
Untreated
$995
http://www.earthstreasury.com/product/2-86-carat-pink-imperial-garnet/

Definitely worth the post!! I really like this stone...very curious about it. It's just beyond my budget right now, plus I've never dealt with this vendor. Does anyone know if they ever have sales or have any wiggle room on price? LOL - I'm already mentally calculating how I might somehow get it...

I am going to think on this one for a bit. Great post though Sparklies! You're right, I feel like I don't see many garnets like this. Great size, great cut.

S

SparkliesLuver

Happy you like it, katharath. :) Jeff is a great, talented guy. I'd email him and ask. I'd venture to say he's probably got a little room. I don't believe I've ever seen him have a sale though.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
SparkliesLuver|1442511647|3928880 said:
Happy you like it, katharath. :) Jeff is a great, talented guy. I'd email him and ask. I'd venture to say he's probably got a little room. I don't believe I've ever seen him have a sale though.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated! I'm going to think on it... I *could* manage it, but it would be a stretch, so I need to decide just how much I want it, lol. I don't have much of a bling fund right now after setting things lately - I think I've done 6 pieces over the summer, I guess maybe since around June? That has set me back, pardon the pun ;-)

If someone else snags it in the meantime, I hope it's a PSer who will post lots of pics :)

S

SparkliesLuver

Sure thing! Oh, I know how that goes. Maybe email him and ask, or make an offer and see what he says...if you're comfortable with that. I know, you have! You've been very busy. :D hehe

Agree!

S

SparkliesLuver

Came across two things that must be posted. :D

Afghan tourmaline
2.02ct
7.5mm square cushion
$202
"Although this beautiful Afghan Tourmaline looks very good in hand and is eye clean, when magnified as in the photo some sleepiness can be observed. This is taken into consideration in the exceptionally low price for this type material."
http://gemartservices.com/stones.php?id=afgtour007

Baby pink spinel
.80ct
5.76mm
$235
"Pale pink, precision cut spinel. Super bright and sparkly. Any dark spots in the stone are reflections of my camera."
https://www.etsy.com/listing/245621815/080ct-baby-pink-spinel-precision-cut?ref=shop_home_active_1

afgtour007.jpg

il_236.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh! I love that Afghan tourmaline.

Deathspi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Jerry has had some lovely tourmalines in the past, but every time I've enquired if something's available I've had no luck. I give up! :rolleyes:

S

SparkliesLuver

I'm sorry, Deathspi. His stuff usually moves quickly, and he doesn't ever announce an addition. So I usually check his site daily if not every other. ;-) I noticed the tourmaline had been on there for several days, so I had to post it!

Deathspi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1444052676|3934974 said:
I'm sorry, Deathspi. His stuff usually moves quickly, and he doesn't ever announce an addition. So I usually check his site daily if not every other. ;-) I noticed the tourmaline had been on there for several days, so I had to post it!

Yeah, thats what always catches me out. You see something thats been there for a while and assume its available, but its actually already sold just not marked. (Not saying anything about the tourmaline you linked to though). I'm quite glad he doesn't announce/schedule his updates though, I remember when Barry used to 'drop' every week and it would be a mad rush to get something! Anyway, I'll shut up now at the risk of threadjacking... 8)

Edit: Ooh, I see that the spinel sold! Not surprised, its very pretty.

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock
Sparklies you made me look! Very pretty. Now I'm dashing over to check up on Litnon!

S

SparkliesLuver

:halo: :naughty: What'd you think, wordie?

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1444741007|3937778 said:
I realize this is expensive, but considering the dimensions and the cut and the color, ... man, I hope it finds a PS home! ;-) :love:

Merelani mint green garnet
5.67 carats
10.8 x 10.7 x 7 mm
VVS
Untreated
$9,640
http://www.litnon.com/index.php?page=viewgem&id=10868

Way out of my price range but that baby sure is gorgeous. :love:

new-beginning

Shiny_Rock
Josh Riox has a gorgeous tourmaline (parabia color) he is taking 'offers' on - I will post a pic later today

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is Joshua Rioux's stone that N-B mentioned. Rough sourced by John E' Garsow and cut by Jean Noel Soni (probably obvious from the fingers!) and really looks to be lovely.

jrioux_s_tourm.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just wanted to add that this is NOT a Paraiba/cuprian, but from Afghanistan. But hey, when it looks like that, are we really going to quibble? :cheeky:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OHHHHH! I saw that stone earlier on FB and almost fainted all over my keyboard. Love it so much :drool: :drool: but so far out of my price range that my "offer" would be laughable. I really hope someone gets it and posts tons of pics :)

new-beginning

Shiny_Rock
thanks for posting that, I had a visitor show up. CMM

S

SparkliesLuver

This doesn't really need an introduction. ;-) I'd love to see a hand shot as I'm sure it's very pretty!

Mahenge spinel
2.450cts
7.7 x 7.3 x 5.7mm
No treatment
Moderately included
$1,323

Editor comment: Its one of those stones that looks much better in person than in the photograph. There are pinpoint inclusions throughout the stone and our lens picks them all up in this enlarged image. In person, the color is excellent and the stone looks much nicer, just a bit hazy.

http://www.multicolour.com/detail/?/details/single/spinel/sn12362aa/&1244716636

j2w_sn12362aa.jpg

Phanie

Shiny_Rock
minousbijoux|1445368784|3940336 said:
Here is Joshua Rioux's stone that N-B mentioned. Rough sourced by John E' Garsow and cut by Jean Noel Soni (probably obvious from the fingers!) and really looks to be lovely.
I saw this and almost fainted. Then I thought of the price and fainted. :love:
$10K but entertaining offers. And even at that price if the stone is as wow as it looks on pic, the price per carat seems good.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phanie|1445728716|3941764 said:
I saw this and almost fainted. Then I thought of the price and fainted. :love:
$10K but entertaining offers. And even at that price if the stone is as wow as it looks on pic, the price per carat seems good.

The price seems extremely high

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock

Wow! That's gorgeous! :appl:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: :love: :love: :love: :cheeky: :o

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

That stone is incredible!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are more and more excellent cutters with great stones available these days. Here is a lovely 2.6 ct blue sapphire from Johannes Orstadius. Really nice guy, easy to deal with. Anyway, the stone is not only precision cut, but is a sought after emerald step cut. Heat only Sri Lankan stone, $2,970. Good price for a blue sapphire of decent size.

johannes__sapphire_pre.jpg

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1445896873|3942359 said:
There are more and more excellent cutters with great stones available these days. Here is a lovely 2.6 ct blue sapphire from Johannes Orstadius. Really nice guy, easy to deal with. Anyway, the stone is not only precision cut, but is a sought after emerald step cut. Heat only Sri Lankan stone, $2,970. Good price for a blue sapphire of decent size.

Is there a link to his contact information?

arabella

Shiny_Rock
I was admiring that blue sapphire, minousbijoux! Love the emerald cut on it. Poodles4me, he posted it to the Facebook group Fine Faceted Gems & Cabs Market. If you aren't a FB person, I'm not sure if there's another way to contact him. Maybe someone else knows.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the step cut blue sapphire, thanks for sharing!

DK :love:

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
minousbijoux|1445896873|3942359 said:

Gorgeous stone but man the detail in that picture is incredible. You can see every ridge of his fingerprint! I know this kind of photo quality has been around for a long time but it never fails to impress me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results