shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT My Absolutely PEAR-fect Ring Is Home!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this setting! your jeweler is a genius! bling bling.. with classic beauty!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I love how it swoops out too. Very pretty.

briolette

Shiny_Rock
So nice to hear of a jeweler who REALLY listened to you. The proportions are beautiful and it sits perfectly with your wedding band. I'd get that jewelry to buff your wedding band to a high shine again so that it and your new setting can "age" together. It's beautiful!

WhoaNelly

Shiny_Rock
Stunning beauty! So glad after all the drama you can enjoy both the diamond and the setting. Wear in health and happiness :appl:

minidancer

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful!!!! :appl: Love all three rings together.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Mini :wavey:

Since these pictures were taken I had my eternity thoroughly cleaned at the jewelers & now it looks SO much better, translucent & clearer than it did on these older pictures! Consequently it gets a good scrubbing twice a week now to keep its beautifulness :sun:

yasssss

Shiny_Rock
So beautiful! I didnt think I liked pears, but this is so classic and lovely, I love it! Do you mind me asking what your ring size is? the pear looks so full and big! my fingers are bigger and I'm worried my stone looks so small on my finger :errrr:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
yasssss|1396482908|3646195 said:
So beautiful! I didnt think I liked pears, but this is so classic and lovely, I love it! Do you mind me asking what your ring size is? the pear looks so full and big! my fingers are bigger and I'm worried my stone looks so small on my finger :errrr:

Hi Yasssss :wavey: Thank you for your lovely comments! My ring size is a UK 'K' which I believe is a US 5.25. The pear is very chubby & not the standard cut - the dimensions are 6.5mm x 7.5mm. Usually a pear has a ratio of 1:1.5, so much longer & narrower. I love my pear, I must admit. I wanted a marquise originally, but as soon as this pear was pulled out I knew it was the diamond for me. Do you currently have a pear? Would love to see pictures! Sometimes we all think our diamonds look smaller than they are. If I had the money for the same specs in a 2 carat I'd be all over it!

yasssss

Shiny_Rock
so happy for you, glad you love it. Yes, now that you mention it, it doesn't seem as narrow as the pears I've seen in person! I Love that its "chubby"! I don't own a pear (Maybe one day :D ) , I just recently got engaged and my stone is a princess. my ring size is a bit bigger- 6.25, and all this time spent on pricescope has given me DSS and big finger syndrome lol. here's a link to pics of my ring!
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/yayyyy-just-engaged-check-out-my-shiny-new-accessory.200198/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/yayyyy-just-engaged-check-out-my-shiny-new-accessory.200198/[/URL]

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
yasssss|1396519427|3646471 said:
so happy for you, glad you love it. Yes, now that you mention it, it doesn't seem as narrow as the pears I've seen in person! I Love that its "chubby"! I don't own a pear (Maybe one day :D ) , I just recently got engaged and my stone is a princess. my ring size is a bit bigger- 6.25, and all this time spent on pricescope has given me DSS and big finger syndrome lol. here's a link to pics of my ring!
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/yayyyy-just-engaged-check-out-my-shiny-new-accessory.200198/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/yayyyy-just-engaged-check-out-my-shiny-new-accessory.200198/[/URL]

Ooh, I saw your post & commented on it! Your diamond is beautiful & HUGE!! Enjoy it!

krimisha

Rough_Rock
Alex T|1385631236|3564423 said:
Thank you everyone, thank you so, SO much! I am extremely touched at your kind words & extremely grateful for your honesty after Butcher-Gate happened in Feb, not only about the damage to the setting but also about the clash of styles on my finger, which motivated me to get it sorted out. The local jeweller is literally worth his weight in platinum & although he is disgustingly expensive, I fully understand & appreciate why. His time, dedication to my wishes & craftsmanship were worth every single penny.

The ring is super heavy, substantial & feels secure - it weights 10 grammes.

Here are some more pics as requested. And one of the things about this ring that I am mesmerised about, is the side view of the diamond. It just hovers in the setting, suspended like a dew drop, completely exposed & twinkling. LOVE IT :love:

Hi Alex,

Your wedding set is absolutely beautiful. I am more of a round stone girl but seeing pictures of your pretty has convinced me to add a pear ring in future. I love especially how the metal compliments your ER and Eternity band. Is it all platinum or is there another metal added?

Thank you.

ps. post some pictures of your daily wears that you mentioned in the other thread.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! I am touched by your kind words! All 3 rings are platinum & the eternity ring was also reset this January into a more solid channel setting by a good friend, as the original stared prong setting was a bit flimsy & it kept going off-round.

Here is a pic I have just snapped of how I am wearing them today. I prefer to have the plain band next to the pear because the pear setting was made to mirror the wedding ring, so they feel like they belong together. I also wear my eternity alone on my right hand sometimes too, as all 3 rings come to 8.75mm & they feel tight in the heat.

I am still in love with my pear & it is still an unusual shape where I live, so it draws comments almost daily :praise:

img_20150619_093031656.jpg

pfunk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That came out looking fabulous. Glad it all FINALLY came together for you!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you pfunk! :wavey:

krimisha

Rough_Rock
Hi Alex

What type of setting is your wedding band with diamonds? I like the style and how it suits with the pear so I am curious.
I am starting to like the pears again as they give a slight sufferer look from the traditional ER

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Nysa :wavey: I am excited that you are thinking about pear cuts! They are so beautiful!

The full platinum eternity ring is 1.75 tcw princes cut, F colour & VS1. It measures 3mm wide & 2mm high from the finger. It was made with a closed back (no holes) to enable me to keep it cleaner, as I wear my rings 24/7 & i am very hard on my hands. It still looks as clean as it did when it was reset 9 months ago & hasn't been professionally cleaned as yet - my friend knows me well enough to guide me with design, bless him!

img_20150918_125541641.jpg

img_20150918_125553817_hdr.jpg

img_20150918_125630427_hdr.jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, Thank you for this! I still have this beauty & plan to reset it at some point :kiss2:

Congrats, Alex! And I'm so pleased you're planning to reset - those 3 prong settings scare the pants off me! She's a beauty, and she deserves to be worn. Any chance a pendant might be a possibility? Altho - do you still wear the one from your...parents, I think it was? You are awash with choice! ::)

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, Alex! And I'm so pleased you're planning to reset - those 3 prong settings scare the pants off me! She's a beauty, and she deserves to be worn. Any chance a pendant might be a possibility? Altho - do you still wear the one from your...parents, I think it was? You are awash with choice! ::)

Thank you! And yes, I still wear my little .40 Tiffany solitaire from Mr T every single day, which matches the studs from my parents for my 25th.

I’m actually toying with setting it E-W in an 18ct yellow gold bangle? My Tiffany bangle can take many more friends, so I thought my jeweller could make me a bangle of a similar dimension & bezel set the pear into the top? And maybe some little diamonds I have knocking around could also scatter into the top section Gypsy style?

Definitely a project for another day as I have too much going on at the moment, but perhaps I shall treat myself next year for my Big 5-0, instead of adding another Tiffany to my stack :kiss2:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! And yes, I still wear my little .40 Tiffany solitaire from Mr T every single day, which matches the studs from my parents for my 25th.

I’m actually toying with setting it E-W in an 18ct yellow gold bangle? My Tiffany bangle can take many more friends, so I thought my jeweller could make me a bangle of a similar dimension & bezel set the pear into the top? And maybe some little diamonds I have knocking around could also scatter into the top section Gypsy style?

Definitely a project for another day as I have too much going on at the moment, but perhaps I shall treat myself next year for my Big 5-0, instead of adding another Tiffany to my stack :kiss2:

What a great plan! Love it!

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So pretty @Ally T ! Can't wait to see your reset!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results