shape
carat
color
clarity

I bought the diamond, now what?!?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Carnell

Rough_Rock
OK. I bought the diamond from WhiteFlash. I already have the setting. WhiteFlash said they can set it for me. Do I now find an appraiser before I send in the setting to have it set? How do I go about getting insurance for it? I have USAA and would rather stay with them. Am I getting it appraised for insurance purposes and/or for my protection on making sure it is what they say it is? Once I find the appraiser, does WhiteFlash send it to him or her and then they send it back. Who pays for the insurance on the shipping? Also, does anybody know a good appraiser?

THANKS for any help you can give me!

Carnell

Rough_Rock
Anyone? Anyone? Need some help here guys. Thanks.

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
I trusted whiteflash and had them send it to their appraiser nearby. If I were you, I''d ask them to set something up for you. I believe they have an independent appraiser closeby.

bluedawg

Shiny_Rock
At the top of this board, you can click on "resources" and find a good appraiser that way. The appraisal is not necessary but many like to have a 2nd opinion in case the diamond isn''t as pretty in person or if it was misrepresented in some way. I know Whiteflash would not willingly mislead you, but since you''re buying sight unseen you may like to see the diamond with an independent appraiser to make sure it''s what you want.

I am not sure how the setting and diamond have to be shipped-- I know that there are differences in sending loose stones vs set pieces when it comes to USPS and insurance. Ask Whiteflash for the best plan of action.

As for insurance, I use Jeweler''s Mutual. We have USAA for homeowner''s but we started with JM before we bought our home. Not sure what their jewelry insurance is like. Sorry I can''t help you there.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Hi Carnell,

One of our purchase benefits is a letter of verification from an independent appraiser in Houston. This is something we include as a courtesy. It is not the same as a full workup from a third party appraiser, but it is fully suitable for insurance purposes and it verifies that the items you purchased are as advertised.

If you are looking for an extensive workup - apart from the verification we include - the Pricescope appraisers are among the best in the business.

Best regards,

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/25/2005 9:46:58 AM
Author:Carnell
OK. I bought the diamond from WhiteFlash. I already have the setting. WhiteFlash said they can set it for me. Do I now find an appraiser before I send in the setting to have it set? How do I go about getting insurance for it? I have USAA and would rather stay with them. Am I getting it appraised for insurance purposes and/or for my protection on making sure it is what they say it is? Once I find the appraiser, does WhiteFlash send it to him or her and then they send it back. Who pays for the insurance on the shipping? Also, does anybody know a good appraiser?

THANKS for any help you can give me!

Hey Carnell are you (or spouse) active duty/reserve/or retired? My husband is naval officer (USAA gavei t away
emsmilep.gif
). Have they given you a quote on how much they anticipate your insurance would be? I am curious. I hope you find the answers to your question as I saw a few stones on White Flash I liked, but do not know where I am gettting my setting from. What area do you live in (this would help other members direct you to a good appraiser).

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
Carnell, WF will provide one shipping free. In our case, we had the diamond sent to an appraiser close to us so that we could see it & have it written up for insurance purposes *before* it was set. WF paid for the shipping to the appraiser. However, we had to pay for the return shipment to WF & the final shipment once the ring was completed. While it may be an additional cost, it''s a small price to pay for peace of mind.

Regarding reasons for the appraisal, that depends on what you want. Some want the appraisal for insurance only, some want it for insurance & verification and some (like me) want it for insurance, verification (as I am cautious when it comes to large purchases) and to actually see the diamond before purchasing. It all depends on your needs.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results