shape
carat
color
clarity

.65 transitional K/L mixed metal bezel pendant

FightGravity

Shiny_Rock
I wanted to share a couple of photos since I couldn't find anything like this when I started this project!

I've been wanting a bezel pendant for a long time and obsessively stalked preloved/LT/DB/eBay for months trying to find just the right option - I was very picky about both the stone and the setting and I'm sure I drove several people crazy with questions and returns on pieces that weren't quite right.

I finally realized I needed to go new to get what I really wanted, and contacted JbG and David Klass. I never heard back from David, which made that part of the decision extra easy :)

Grace at JbG was extraordinarily patient with me and found me several lovely 5-6mm options within my modest budget - she and armywife here both gave great feedback on both the setting and the stone, and within a few weeks I pulled the trigger.

The stone is an uncerted .65ct estimated K/L SI1. I was nervous about the color but if anything it faces up whiter than my somewhat larger J e-ring center. It is a really lovely stone (glamour shot from JbG attached).

The setting is a delicate 14k white gold sliding bezel with milgrain with open back. It does not flip or tip down at all as far as I can tell. I'm attaching a photo of the back too - I originally wanted a Barbara style pendant but this one, if slightly less delicate, seems to keep it in position much better.

The chain is a lovely pink 14k rose gold Tiffany style. I love the mix of metals and floating effect!

And finally a perspective shot, since I found those so helpful when deciding on a size!

I am totally in love with it and have only taken it off to shower and sleep :)

_33914.jpg

_33915.jpg

_33916.jpg

_33913.jpg

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
So pretty! It looks beautiful in the rose gold! JBG did a fabulous job on the setting. :clap: It looks perfect on you and it faces up bright & sparkly! Love it! :love:

Vampira

Rough_Rock
Just LOVELY. The mixed metals are the perfect touch!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
It turned out stunning!!! :love: it looks wonderful on you. Congratulations! :appl: :appl: :appl:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is just beautiful!!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful and it looks lovely on you! :love:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful - I love the way it looks on you!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! I love mixed metal jewelry...just adds another level of interest when done right!

lilysweet

Shiny_Rock
Wow! So lovely!!! Can you tell us how many mm the stone is and post a pic of what the bezel looks like from the side closeup pretty plz?! :love: :love: :love:

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh this is exactly what I want for my next diamond project! Gorgeous!! :love: :love: :love:
Thanks for sharing. :appl: :wavey: I would love some more pictures too! Looks perfect on you.

FightGravity

Shiny_Rock
Awww, thanks for all the sweet comments! You know how to make a gal feel good :)

I'll try to get some better photos for detail shots with the real camera instead of my iPhone later today. I'm not sure on the dimensions of the stone - it's visibly smaller than my .95, which is 6.1mm, and visibly bigger than my 5mm studs. Grace sent me the specs on many of the stones I was looking at, but I just checked, and I never got the exact dimensions on this one. My best guess is ~5.5mm. It looks a lot more substantial than I expected.

The side of the bezel is totally smooth and straight, no embellishment at all - it's very clean looking.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, the stone is gorgeous and the mixed metal is so cool. The rose gold chain looks perfect on your lovely skin too. :appl:

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! It looks great on you. Enjoy! :wavey:

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love this! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results