shape
carat
color
clarity

After months of engagement ring shopping...

burnsvet

Rough_Rock
I was given this beauty!!

I lurked on threads (old and new) for about 8 months deciding what I truly wanted, changing my mind countless times along the way. I landed on an OEC from JbG and we had the setting made by BGD.

The stone: 0.9 ct OEC, 6.14-6.27 mm, GIA I VS1

I love love love this stone and am SO happy I decided to go with an OEC. All I see are giant flashes of pastel outside and crazy fire inside. Seriously- we just got new LED's in all the classrooms at school and I'm certainly guilty of staring at my beautiful stone instead of paying attention! I was surprised at how white it faces when I got it and adore it paired with yellow gold. Grace was wonderful at guiding me to this one out of my list of finalists I had come up with.

I went back and forth forever on the setting and honestly didn't make up my mind until we left BGD (!). I tried on a lot of different styles in a B&M store in my area and found that I was drawn to a plain solitaire but couldn't decide beyond that. I didn't know which metal to pick until trying them on at BGD and fell in love with the 18k YG. It's what my mother and grandmother wore and just fits me. The only modifications we made to the Elegance setting was thinning down the shank to a 2mm average and doing both the head and shank in YG. It looks incredibly delicate but feels strong in real life. You barely notice the prongs- they're so tiny and the perfect amount of pointy for me!

I can't say enough good things about the entire process and thank you all so much for sharing your pictures and knowledge! I'll shut up now so you can see the pics! Sorry there aren't many hand pics- they're not as much fun to take!

img_1622.jpg

img_1612.jpg

img_1651.jpg

img_1629.jpg

img_1618.jpg

Those colors!
img_1639.jpg

img_1641.jpg

(Cheesy) The champagne cork from dinner that night:
img_1630.jpg

What I see most of the day:
fullsizerender_98.jpg

...because dog.
img_1762.jpg

togal

Shiny_Rock
beautiful!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring. Congratulations.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE the all yellow gold and 18k or higher is the only way to go for yellow! It's just gorgeous and make sure you protect that delicate girdle!

gixxerbabe

Rough_Rock
Very pretty! Love the doggy picture!

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
Love the YG! This is gorgeous.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring and super cute dog!

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Extreme elegance! Congratulations!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your ring is beautiful...gorgeous OEC too!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is gorgeous - enjoy!!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous stone - and I LOVE the all 18K gold, including the head - soooooo elegant!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, a classic solitaire! :love: So elegant, and such an exquisite showcase for your OEC. Enjoy it and especially enjoy wearing it in your LED-lit classroom!

(Does your classroom have those LED strip-lights that they're using to replace fluorescent tubes? The installed those in the hallways where I worked, shortly before I retired. YOWZA! I wanted to convert all my lighting at home to those! I live in an older home missed the fluorescent box conversion trend, which used to seem like a very good thing but suddenly seemed like a real shame....)

mns12

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful stone and the yellow gold looks awesome on you! Congrats!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pretty...and the gold complements the stone beautifully! Congrats!!!

nycspring

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! The diamond and setting are beautiful and the ring looks great on you.

Zizzy

Shiny_Rock
I love it all! Stone and setting! It really is exquisite, Congratluations to you both :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats with your beautiful ring!! A beautiful OEC in a classic solitaire :love:
Your ring looks stunning on your hand.

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! I love this ring! :love: :love: :love: It is very similar to my ring that I will hopefully get next week, only mine has an OMB... :appl: Love the YG!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely ring. The yellow gold is perfect! :appl:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very elegant..

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is a gorgeous ringl :love: :appl: Congrats, it looks really beautiful on you!

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
I love it, congrats! :appl:

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!!! :love: Congrats!!! Love that you chose YG for that beauty. Looks at home on your finger, where it rightfully belongs. :) :appl:

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!! :love:

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous stone and gorgeous setting!! Looks perfect on your hand.

LOVE the pooch shot, what a sweet heart!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful YG setting for your gorgeous stone! :love: Congrats on your engagement! Btw, I love the photo of your dog with the ting! Adorable! :appl:

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! Congratulations.

But, I want to know how you get the dog to hold still with your ring on its nose long enough to snap a decent picture. Mine would never!

Again, congratulations :)

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Lovely! And I love the photo with the dog. :love: :cheeky:

MC08

Rough_Rock
Beauitful! Congrats!! I love the delicate prongs and yellow gold. And your pup is adorable. :love:

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BEAUTIFUL stone, enjoy it under those new lights at school! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results