carat
color
clarity

The NEW August Tahitians sale thread

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: August Tahitians

I'm curious to see what next month will bring then as a monthly special.

That's a really pretty strand piscespearls! I'm looking forward to neck shots!

KittieCat

Rough_Rock

I'm have been lurking PS and PG for a few years and admired all your beautiful pearls. I thought to share my purchase after reading about few pictures of the PP August sale.
I must say FlyGirl's pistachio Tahitian necklace influenced my decision to buy TDN-1132. I first saw this necklace in May on PP website and surprisingly it was still available when the August sale started. Its size is 8.3-10.8mm and per PP website:
" This unique necklace features smooth drop Tahitian pearls with a unique light silver body color with rare pistachio tones. The AAA quality pearls have very light to zero blemishes, smooth surfaces, and sharp luster."

tdn-1132.jpg

pp_tahitian_pistachio.jpg

tahitian_side.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

My pleasure, KittieCat. Love your new pistachio drop necklace. I hope you love the color as much as I do. I find silver green just sings with my complexion.

Welcome to the Pearl Forum. :wavey:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock

I love the pistachio tones, gorgeous strand Kittiecat. :love:

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock

That strand is luscious...it looks wonderful on you!

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock

Welcome, KittieCat! Your strand is a very beautiful, you must be very pleased! I know how much I love mine.:love: :love: :love:

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock

Fly Girl|1440409892|3918377 said:
My pleasure, KittieCat. Love your new pistachio drop necklace. I hope you love the color as much as I do. I find silver green just sings with my complexion.

Welcome to the Pearl Forum. :wavey:

+1, Yes, there is something special about the silvery green Tahitian. My light green studs work with so much in my closet.

dsc04266.jpg

Kay

Ideal_Rock

Pearlsngems, what a fabulous birthday present for your daughter! :appl:

JulieBeth, your new strand has some gorgeous colors in it. Love the golden acorn. Thanks for leaving behind TDN-1163. I was eyeing it for a few days and finally pulled the trigger last weekend – it’s in my hot (not so) little hands now.

Pisces, I love the green and silver tones on your new strand!

KittieCat, welcome to the Pistachio Club! :wavey: Your new strand looks beautiful on you.

Kay

Ideal_Rock

Just when I thought I had enough Tahitian strands . . . TDN-1163 caught my eye. I justified the purchase because it is not going to be “just another 18” strand” in my collection. I want to string these pearls with small faceted Labradorite rondelles similar to the Gellner Big Bang. I’m thinking 42-43” long.

Glamour shots:

Play date with 4RG’s new Tahitian strand (mine is on the left and hers is on the right):

I want to use these pearls to create a necklace that looks similar to this:

tdn-1163_8.jpg

tdn-1163__2_.jpg

img_5553.jpg

gellner_big_bang_40in_labradorite_with_36_8-12mm_0.jpg

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock

I LOVE that look! I'm planning to do something similar with blue green sapphires. I can't wait to see the finished project.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock

Ooohhh very nice, Kay! You're so creative. That's going to be a very nice necklace.

Now,these beaded necklaces, are they prone to break, or to catch on clothes? I love the look, but is it practical? I remember pinkjewel got a gorgeous one made in black spinel, does anyone remember anything along those lines?

ennui

Brilliant_Rock

Tucs|1440465770|3918765 said:
Now,these beaded necklaces, are they prone to break, or to catch on clothes? I love the look, but is it practical? I remember pinkjewel got a gorgeous one made in black spinel, does anyone remember anything along those lines?

I have one, with Tahitians and black spinel -- no problems, but I don't wear it every day. The black spinel makes it a little dressy for work or casual.

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock

That's a wonderful plan, Kay!

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock

ennui|1440469198|3918790 said:
Tucs|1440465770|3918765 said:

I have one, with Tahitians and black spinel -- no problems, but I don't wear it every day. The black spinel makes it a little dressy for work or casual.

Thanks ennui, glad to hear there's no problems.

Kay

Ideal_Rock

Ennui, do you know if your necklace is strung on thread or wire?

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock

Anyone here got TDN200-1157? I was so tempted, but then it suddenly showed as out of stock. What a beauty!I hope someone here bought it so we can see more photos.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Tucs|1440522909|3919041 said:
Anyone here got TDN200-1157? I was so tempted, but then it suddenly showed as out of stock. What a beauty!I hope someone here bought it so we can see more photos.

I have to admit I was eyeing it too. I was thinking that if paired with TAN200-1142 and a silver drop strand, it would make a gorgeous multicolour rope. With the market crash and our dollar being at records lows though, I would not have been able to bring myself to pull the trigger on something like that...so I'm with you in hoping that we might get to see pictures here!

Some of the oval strands have been gorgeous too (I have been looking at them as well....)

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock

cmd2014|1440539910|3919145 said:
Tucs|1440522909|3919041 said:

I have to admit I was eyeing it too. I was thinking that if paired with TAN200-1142 and a silver drop strand, it would make a gorgeous multicolour rope. With the market crash and our dollar being at records lows though, I would not have been able to bring myself to pull the trigger on something like that...so I'm with you in hoping that we might get to see pictures here!

Some of the oval strands have been gorgeous too (I have been looking at them as well....)

Yeah, the low Canadian dollar was on my mind, too... But two more minutes and I think I would have fallen for it! I was already thinking, WG or YG clasp...? Ha!

There were a couple of oval strands I was drooling over, too, but I didn't get to thinking about clasps, LOL. I think I have a weakness for cherry. Sigh.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock

Kay|1440516963|3918997 said:
Ennui, do you know if your necklace is strung on thread or wire?

My spinel with the Tahitian stations is on thread, and I like the fluidity. I have a plain spinel necklace that I use for pearl enhancers, and it is on wire -- I find that it will occasionally grab the baby hairs on the back of my neck, whereas the string version rarely does.

KittieCat

Rough_Rock

Thank you all for the welcome and the kind comments!
All the pearls in this post are beautiful and I look forward to see your pictures!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium

KittieCat|1440391522|3918341 said:
I'm have been lurking PS and PG for a few years and admired all your beautiful pearls. I thought to share my purchase after reading about few pictures of the PP August sale.
I must say FlyGirl's pistachio Tahitian necklace influenced my decision to buy TDN-1132. I first saw this necklace in May on PP website and surprisingly it was still available when the August sale started. Its size is 8.3-10.8mm and per PP website:
" This unique necklace features smooth drop Tahitian pearls with a unique light silver body color with rare pistachio tones. The AAA quality pearls have very light to zero blemishes, smooth surfaces, and sharp luster."

That is a FANTASTIC strand! I thought it was beautiful in the website too, but its so much better IRL on you.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium

yingh|1439923680|3916091 said:
I hope a PSer got this newly posted multicolor strand, because I want to see IRL pictures badly!

Fedex delivered the strand today. I took a few photo in the afternoon light indoors. She's back at college so her neck is unavailable until the weekend. :)

I'll play around and take more photos tomorrow, see if I can catch the colors better. They really are very nice!

irl_photo_of_strand_trn_100-1578.jpg

strand_trn_100-1578.jpg

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium

My husband came home so I handed him the box and we went outdoors to take a photo in shade. It seems to bring up the colors better.

tahitian_rounds_in_diffuse_outdoor_light.jpg

ennui

Brilliant_Rock

Those pearls are gorgeous! Great colors, but also so round and clean! Your DD is a lucky girl!

Yes, indirect lighting is very nice for Tahitians. Wait till you see them on a rainy day, you'll be pleasantly surprised. I think that's why serious pearl buying is done in very bright sunlight, it's easy to see the flaws.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock

pearlsngems|1440628723|3919596 said:
My husband came home so I handed him the box and we went outdoors to take a photo in shade. It seems to bring up the colors better.

They look better in real life than in the PP photo. Very nice pearls.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow. Pearlsngems, I don't think those could be better. They are beautiful! I think the smaller size makes them both more intensely colored and unusual....I think your daughter will wear these for years to come.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock

Beautiful strand, what a great gift!

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock

Did anyone buy one of the 35" ropes of silver baroque Tahitians?

I was tempted, but I find that Tahitians never look like the photo, which is not the fault of the shop. They just seem to be very hard to capture what they look like in real life, as lighting can be so different. Well, that, and I decided to see what the Sept. sale will bring.

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock

Stunning...those are beautiful pearls!

ennui

Brilliant_Rock

BWeaves|1440638691|3919681 said:
Well, that, and I decided to see what the Sept. sale will bring.

Rumour has it that there may not be a connoisseur sale this year. Only a regular monthly special, which I'd guess is not Tahitian.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results