shape
carat
color
clarity

The NEW August Tahitians sale thread

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Re: August Tahitians

I hope a PSer got this newly posted multicolor strand, because I want to see IRL pictures badly!

8-18-2015_2-40-54_pm.jpg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sadly, it wasn't me (I wish!). it was gone by the time I saw the email and went to look for it.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium

People have quick fingers today! There was a beautiful strand of teal overtoned dark green body ovals that I had in my cart but before I could make it through the check out they were gone. Saved from myself I guess.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium

yingh-- I bought it, for my daughter's 21st birthday (which is not until next year.)

I want her to have a knockout strand to wear when interviewing for internships and later, for a job. Something that will look classy no matter what the event and what she wears it with.

It's not actually going to be a surprise-- I showed her the photo (to be sure I wasn't making a costly mistake) and she is eager to see it in person. She'll actually be returning to college before it arrives, but I'll take it with me when we drive to her school the following weekend to deliver some bulky dorm stuff that didn't fit in our cars the first time around. Of course I will post IRL photos. I've also requested a glamour shot.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Pearlsngems,

That's such a wonderful gift! (can you talk to my mom???)

I'm super excited to see the pictures!!!

I saw it in the email that went around. The colours look stunning, and it's a gorgeous, delicate size (like a large akoya strand) that will look perfect with suits and with more casual dress too. I'm so excited for her!

juliebeth

Shiny_Rock

mah pearlz are heah!

glamour shot:

ts_8_15.jpg

This versatile strand features multicolor Tahitian pearls with a full spectrum of overtones. The pearls are drop to baroque in shape, have smooth and lightly circled surfaces, sharp luster, and graduate in size from 9.5 to 11.8 mm.

and the desk shots Chenai took for me comparing it to another i liked:

1151_l_1163_r.jpg
tan200-1151.jpg

(and in case anyone ends up needing it, here's the solo pic of TDN-1163:
tdn-1163.jpg

juliebeth

Shiny_Rock

okay, and my pics, taken with a phone within 3 minutes of FedEx dropping them by...

They're in a box with my pistachio tahitian strand purchased a year ago, nearly to the day.

img_6658.jpg
img_6659.jpg

comparison shots bc i was/am a little worried they are too similar. HOWEVER i am giving them some time, to see what i really think. i mean, they are only coming awake just now and it's nearly bedtime. they'll dance their little t-dance while i sleep, i'm sure, and i bet i'll have a completely different opinion of them in the morning.

OH YEAH and the one rather not-good neck shot i managed to snap:

img_6660.jpg

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium

That's very pretty on you, Juliebeth! And I actually like the table shots more than the listing photo.

cmd2014, thanks! She does seem to be happy about it. =)

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock

Juliebeth, you are stunning in your new pearls! You made an excellent choice...I love all the colors! Wear them in the very best of health! And ENJOY!

BWise

Brilliant_Rock

pearlsngems, your daughter is a lucky girl! Congrats on your new purchase, and do share lots of pictures. I am sure it will be stunning on your daughter.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock

Lovely choice, Juliebeth!

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock

Juliebeth, those look great on you! Beautiful.

BWise

Brilliant_Rock

Juliebeth. that's a beautiful strand and looks great on you. Please do come back and let us know how do you like it in daylight?

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

juliebeth|1439947856|3916237 said:
okay, and my pics, taken with a phone within 3 minutes of FedEx dropping them by...

They're in a box with my pistachio tahitian strand purchased a year ago, nearly to the day.

img_6658.jpg
img_6659.jpg

comparison shots bc i was/am a little worried they are too similar. HOWEVER i am giving them some time, to see what i really think.
I think the new strand is wonderfully colorful. The shapes are quite similar to the pistachio, and that is not a bad thing. Both are beautiful.

Yesterday, I wore my new PP pistachio Tahitian strand that I got this spring, and today I wore my green Rikitea Tahitian drop rope from last year's August sale. They help to remind me that I already own beautiful pearls. The new drop AAA strand with the gold and peacock overtones tempted me over lunch yesterday, but it was sold by evening. I have to believe that this sale is going well for PP.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow! Strands are flying off the shelf! Everything I've been tempted by has been sold already (probably for the best). I have to admit though, I'm having a hard time accepting that all those strands must be going to non-ps'ers, as we're not seeing the same frenzy of posting this year here as last.

Lots of pretty multicolored strands this year...last year was more dark bodied peacocks.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock

cmd2014 said:
Wow! Strands are flying off the shelf! Everything I've been tempted by has been sold already (probably for the best). I have to admit though, I'm having a hard time accepting that all those strands must be going to non-ps'ers, as we're not seeing the same frenzy of posting this year here as last.

I think most of us PSers already have Tahitians ... like any jewelry business, PP has to bring in new customers all the time. I would have a hard time justifying another 18" strand of anything.

I really like JulieBeth's strand, with the golden acorn accent pearls. Very unusual. I liked her other choice, too, but it was sold by the time I got over to PP.

juliebeth

Shiny_Rock

thanks all, for the comments/compliments!

it's those center three pearls that are dragging it down for me...but i simply adore the rest of the necklace. see those rust-chocolate colored pearls, one on each side, up near the clasp? i have never seen natural pearls that color! and i hold them now in my hand!

i'm thinking i will most likely keep this necklace, tho, and possibly re-string with the aforementioned pistachio strand i have. i have one of last year's harvest strands in a (i think) 20-inch length that i wear all the time - so i'm thinking i could just combine the two strands, :naughty: pulling pearls out that i don't feel go with the rest quite as well.

(and then i could use those rainbow-y yet ridged center three pearls for my new tin cup i'm gonna make! yeah! or something. :))

:dance:

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock

juliebeth|1439947856|3916237 said:

img_6658.jpg
img_6659.jpg

comparison shots bc i was/am a little worried they are too similar. HOWEVER i am giving them some time, to see what i really think. i mean, they are only coming awake just now and it's nearly bedtime. they'll dance their little t-dance while i sleep, i'm sure, and i bet i'll have a completely different opinion of them in the morning.

OH YEAH and the one rather not-good neck shot i managed to snap:

img_6660.jpg
They look very nice on you :)

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ennui|1440086336|3916765 said:
I think most of us PSers already have Tahitians ... like any jewelry business, PP has to bring in new customers all the time. I would have a hard time justifying another 18" strand of anything.

True. Maybe there were a lot of newbies here last year like me.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock

Also, last year, there was no way of knowing whether the August special on Tahitians would be repeated. Most specials are not.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh. I thought they were yearly events because this year has copied last year so far in terms of the sales. I was assuming that the connoisseur sale was next.

So if there might not be another Tahitian sale next year, maybe I should stock up! :devil:

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

cmd2014|1440122851|3917016 said:
Oh. I thought they were yearly events because this year has copied last year so far in terms of the sales. I was assuming that the connoisseur sale was next.

So if there might not be another Tahitian sale next year, maybe I should stock up! :devil:
LOL! There are no guarantees, for sure.

Try wearing each Tahitian a day next week, and find that gap in your wardrobe. :naughty: :Up_to_something:

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock

Now there's a plan, FlyGirl LOL! Walter isn'tin favor of finding any gaps in my wardrobe :)))

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

CRDKeshi|1440124726|3917021 said:
Now there's a plan, FlyGirl LOL! Walter isn'tin favor of finding any gaps in my wardrobe :)))

If only dear Walter wasn't a bit color-blind, he would notice that all Tahitian necklaces are indeed different. But, since he can't tell them apart, I do see his point.

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock

LOL LOL LOL FlyGirl, that's exactly what I told him ... he can't SEE the difference! I have him SOMEWHAT convinced the rest of the world CAN see the difference, but he remains sceptical :)

PiscesPearls

Rough_Rock

Hi ladies! JulieBeth...I love your new Tahitian Pearl necklace.. it looks gorgeous on you! The colors are beautiful! :love: I did purchase a PP Tahitian drop pearl necklace # TDN1178 8-10.8 AAA from the last addition to the sale. It looks like it is shipping today. I wish I saved the sale page for description. But at least I saved this picture. :dance:
tdn1178.jpg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium

CRDKeshi|1440165220|3917160 said:
LOL LOL LOL FlyGirl, that's exactly what I told him ... he can't SEE the difference! I have him SOMEWHAT convinced the rest of the world CAN see the difference, but he remains sceptical :)

I do the opposite. I tell DH that he's imagining things and that all of my strands are, in fact, the same strand and he's just forgotten that he's seen it before. Most of the time he believes me. :devil:

As for gaps...well, yes, in fact I do believe I have some. Others OTOH might disagree.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock

cmd2014|1440122851|3917016 said:

I expect the Connoisseur sale to be an annual event. I was thinking about the monthly specials. There have been a few I passed on that never came back again. 4RG has an enormous white drop that was a PP monthly special, and I regret that I didn't get one when I had the chance.

By all means, stock up on Tahitians. You'd hate to run out!! :lol:

ennui

Brilliant_Rock

No Connoisseur sale? Well, the July sale was full of one-of-a-kind items, so I can understand not doing two similar events so close together.

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock

PiscesPearls|1440173777|3917221 said:
Hi ladies! JulieBeth...I love your new Tahitian Pearl necklace.. it looks gorgeous on you! The colors are beautiful! :love: I did purchase a PP Tahitian drop pearl necklace # TDN1178 8-10.8 AAA from the last addition to the sale. It looks like it is shipping today. I wish I saved the sale page for description. But at least I saved this picture. :dance:
tdn1178.jpg

This is a stunning strand Pisces, you chose well this AAA has great colors, its lovely, and great drop shapes. You can call PP and they will email you the description page, also there is a way to search it in the system but you would have to go back to last year August PP Tahitian sale and I believe there is a discussion on how to call up the page again. Please post photos when you receive them. :love: :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results