shape
carat
color
clarity

Conversion pieces

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have a few vintage brooches that I am hoping to convert into rings and one I would like to make into a bangle. Any suggestions for an online vendor who might be willing/able to take this on? I have a local jeweler in mind, but they seemed a little hesitant. Thanks in advance for suggestions!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would certainly contact Jewels by Grace as her bench has done quite some amazing conversions. It probably depends on your existing jewelry what's possible.

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That's a great suggestion! I forgot that she does conversions. I attached some photos of the brooches I want to convert just in case someone was wondering. The long diamond and sapphire brooch I want so bad to be a ring, but I think it may be too long. :(

_32896.jpg

img_8821.jpg

img_8822.jpg

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
I highly recommend contacting Jewels by Grace. I had a brooch with missing onyx that I wanted converted; they did a great job custom cutting the onyx and converting the brooch!

imageuploadedbytapatalk1438668822.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1438668835.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
armywife13|1438668919|3910878 said:
I highly recommend contacting Jewels by Grace. I had a brooch with missing onyx that I wanted converted; they did a great job custom cutting the onyx and converting the brooch!
:love: :love: :love:

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
armywife13|1438668919|3910878 said:

Armywife!!! That brooch - it's too good! Looks incredible. I think I'll have to contact Grace. I like the idea of a bangle, but I want so bad for this brooch to be a ring. I think it's too big. :((

img_8843.jpg

img_8844.jpg

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Jimmianne and ihy138!

What are the measurements on the brooch? Depending on the size, it might be possible to turn into a ring. If it is too big for a ring, I think a pendant or bangle would be great options. For me, I found a bangle to be more wearable on a consistent basis than a pendant, but I know several people who love their brooch pendants!

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
armywife13|1438728184|3911178 said:
Thanks, Jimmianne and ihy138!

What are the measurements on the brooch? Depending on the size, it might be possible to turn into a ring. If it is too big for a ring, I think a pendant or bangle would be great options. For me, I found a bangle to be more wearable on a consistent basis than a pendant, but I know several people who love their brooch pendants!

It's 2.5 inches by approximately 3/4 inch. It is a little big but I sort of like the look of it going horizontally and spanning a few fingers. I end up using rings more than anything, as they are my favorite, so that's why I'm leaning that way. Your bangle is making me wonder, though! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results