shape
carat
color
clarity

Oh my aching feet! Comfy shoes?

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's the style of Tevas that saw me through my Rome and Isreal trip! Well - they're almost the same - mine have decorative rather than solid braid across the instep. Three years later, I'm still using my Tevas. I hope yours serve you as well as mine have served me!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
VR, I wanted something casual but appropriate for work, too, and these seem perfect. I'm glad they got you through several days of traveling.

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
Footprints by Birkenstocks and other Birkenstock styles. I wear almost nothing but them and my feet are always happy and never hurt even with lots of standing and walking on hard surfaces all day. They have lots of great styles besides their typical well-known sandal with the thick buckled straps.

footprints.jpg

footprints2.jpg

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the recommendation, Sky! I like those a lot. Question though, do your feet get hot in them, especially without socks? I have several pairs of shoes with suede inside, and my feet get so hot wearing them barefooted.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I recently discovered a mary jane by Keen that I love. It is sort of shaped like a Croc and has the comfort of one, but it's a real shoe. It wears casually or casual-dressy, i.e. equally cute with jeans and a tee or a skirt. They are cloth, no leather, so that helps with heat. My feet get hot and sweaty (eww!) easily, and I can wear these with socks or not, equally comfortable.

http://www.zappos.com/keen-sienna-mj-canvas-black-black

2110981-p-multiview.jpg

2110981-1-multiview.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
My feet don't get hot in them because I always wear sandals or well-ventilated shoes on warm and hot days. I wear those Mary Jane and oxford styles on cool and cold days. Most of those footbeds look sueded, but they are more like regular leather than suede in feel.
Beware, some of their footbeds have ridges under the toes and many people find them uncomfortable. People either love or hate Birkenstocks, but they work perfectly for me.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have shoes similar to those Keen's rainydaze posted but those Keen's are CUTE! Mine are...I forget..Clark's or something, and a beige color. Nowhere near as cute as the Keen's. I better look into those, stick my orthotics in there if possible. My similar ones, the strap that goes over the top isn't attached at both ends, it's Velcro to close it--and my foot is so fat (a little wide/bam bam-ish too) that I can barely close it. It makes my foot squish out the top open part. Luckily preschoolers don't care but sheesh I care. Dumb fat feet.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rainydaze, I really like those Keen's!

Sky, those are cute, too. I'll have to check out Footprints. I try to wear well-ventilated shoes in warmer months, too. No one wants smelly feet around! :cheeky:

Thanks, Monnie! The heel on those might be a bit high but I may check them out at some point.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to say that I was skeptical about Tieks being comfortable and because of their price but I tried them out using a 20% coupon. I love them and they are so comfortable. Now I have 3 pair. I wear them pretty much every day and they have held up great. The Croc style are the most comfortable and hold up the best.

tieks.com

http://tieks.com/slate-grey.html

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I'm so glad you guys like them. They really are cute and comfortable. I need a roomy toebox because my big toe sticks up a bit, and these are perfect. You'll pretty much find me in flip flops and sandals for as long as I can get away with it, so I figured the Keens might strike a chord with you and others interested in this thread!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
rainydaze|1410466875|3749234 said:
Oh I'm so glad you guys like them. They really are cute and comfortable. I need a roomy toebox because my big toe sticks up a bit, and these are perfect. You'll pretty much find me in flip flops and sandals for as long as I can get away with it, so I figured the Keens might strike a chord with you and others interested in this thread!

Thanks, Redwood! Those are pretty cool, and I like the look of them.

Rainydaze, yes, I'm in flip flops or barefoot all the summer, and although I like shoes, I don't wear them unless I really have to.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like some of the Naot styles, HopeDream. Thanks for the recommendation.

Victoria10

Shiny_Rock
I am huge fan of keens. They have nicer styles too then the hiker style if that is what you want. My husband and kids wear them too. washable and durable. I have the rose style little less hiker style, but still hike with them a lot and same pair for two years.

Victoria10

Shiny_Rock
rainydaze I really like those keens too! :love:

EvangelineG

Brilliant_Rock
Another vote for Naot. Those and some very fugly New Balance sneakers have been my go to choices since having a couple of foot injuries and then domino problems after.

Naot actually have some reasonably cute sandals and mary janes that are super comfy.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results