shape
carat
color
clarity

Working on a unique e-ring and need feedback and ideas

nararabbit

Shiny_Rock
Hi all! Some of you may remember my husband's ring, made by Gary Swank Jewelers in Portland, known for funky and offbeat designs. (his daughter did the work for us, Chelsea.) Here's a picture to refresh your memory:

evsring_final2.jpg

Anyway, we had agreed back a few years ago I could get my own band from her. So I'm considering a fraternal twin - an ocean/water themed band with my transitional cut diamond in the center. I'm looking to combine the sculptural and watery quality of the first, with a more narrow band and raised bezel of the second. I'm welcome to suggestions, even if they're just to tell me I'm crazy and to stick with the first one as is. (it'll be unplated white gold or palladium set with oceany blue-green-gray aquamarines.) I love the floating quality of the diamond in the second ring.

swirl_ring.jpg

76227-render-_1_.jpg

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They are quite unique & great looking pieces too. While I love that bezeled solitaire style ring I don't envision the elements you described on it. The shank looks far too narrow for the waves & water to look like they are moving & have flow. Does that make sense?
Ask the vendor to perhaps make the ring where the centre is slightly elevated instead of a cigar style flat ring. It might already have a slightly raised centre diamond but can't tell much from the angle of that picture. I think you need some width or have the vendor sketch out the water & wave patterns a bit more narrow. It's going to be a gorgeous ring when you're done with it. :lickout:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you add the wave forms to the outside band of the second ring, either by having them cast or engraved in? I'd limit the embellishment to the outside of the shank for a cleaner, minimalist look, but that's just me... you could also add it to the ring/bezel, and to the sides of the shank. BTW googling "water engagement ring" comes up with lots of images/food for thought.

I think I'd also make the bezel just a bit wider, almost like a flange, so that it overhangs the shank by just a bit. I'm not sure why I see it that way - except maybe that the picture of your husband's ring seems to inspire going outside of the box.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love both designs.

I think the way I would combine the ideas would be to add a thin bezel to the main stone of the first, wavy design. I would not want the bezel to be too thick, or to rise high above the ring, as I think that would take away from the beautiful flow of the waves.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such cool ideas! If you are going to use the second ring as far as shape, I would lower the diamond more so that the waves
are more visible on the side of the setting. Right now, the cathedral sides are at such an angle that I think you will loose
the look of the waves.

nararabbit

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for your feedback everyone!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results