shape
carat
color
clarity

OMC Right Hand Ring

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wanted to thank all of you for your input in my previous thread. I set out to reset my OMC in a setting that I already owned. I wanted to share before and after pictures. I had previously set the OMC in a yellow gold halo, but it wasn't very functional on my right hand. I'm hoping that I will get a lot more wear out of it now!
image_3538.jpg image_3542.jpg
image_3537.jpg
image_3544.jpg image_3543.jpg

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
very pretty and I think it's great you were able to use a setting you already owned. Please check back after you have worn it for a while and let us know if it is working for you.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! Glad it worked out so well. :appl:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh really pretty nala, I like it very much!!! :love:

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Rockinruby, Lookinagain and Junebug! I am getting to know it all over again and love pairing it with plain bands. Here are some pics of my new right hand look. image_3551.jpg image_3550.jpg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! :appl: That simple setting really allows the OMC to shine!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your OMC looks great in this setting Nala. How does it feel now that you have been wearing it for a couple of days?

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
I love the reset! Boy you got that done fast! It has a nice contemporary vibe and makes a great RHR. :wavey:

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty, Acino, and SparklySoprano[/b]--Thank you! I have been wearing it all weekend and find it to be very low maintenance. Very comfy. My only concern are the prongs. I'm debating shaving them down a bit, but will try to live with them for a while until I'm 100% certain.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Wow! That is some nice finger coverage! :love:

I love OMC's they are so gorgeous, and yours is especially pretty. :appl:

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful OMC! :love: Great reset! Glad to hear it is comfy to wear.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a great change! I really like how the prongs are more squared off and accentuate the lines of the shank!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
tyty333|1432124030|3878951 said:
That's a great change! I really like how the prongs are more squared off and accentuate the lines of the shank!

I'm glad to hear that! I've been torn about them and have been debating shaving them down like they were originally. Here is my inspiration picture b] image_3560.jpg

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you ilander and lovesvintage!

Victoria10

Shiny_Rock
That looks beautiful all together and I think it accentuates the color of your omc. Sorry if I missed it somewhere, what kind of stone is your omc? It has beautiful glowing color and seems to change color in pictures!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Victoria10|1432670826|3881399 said:
That looks beautiful all together and I think it accentuates the color of your omc. Sorry if I missed it somewhere, what kind of stone is your omc? It has beautiful glowing color and seems to change color in pictures!

Thank you! I have since changed the prongs out, so I will post new pictures inspired by the ring above. The OMC is not certified, but I suspect it to be an S-T color even though I used to think it was an O-P . It weighs 1.43 carats. As to what kind it is, I have no idea, really. It measures 6.9 mm by 6.5, so it's not really too round. I

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are the pictures of the slight change in color and prongs.
image_3578.jpg image_3579.jpg image_3580.jpg

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty. Love how this turned out, especially with the smaller prongs! Did you change them again from yellow to white gold?

My VLY "Ginger" OMC does the same sort of color change thing in direct sunlight. When I inquired on here about its interesting behavior in the sun, it was attributed to fluorescence. It's really super cool in the non-colorless diamonds. Mine goes from looking like flashes of gold in indirect light to flashes of white/silver in direct sunlight. I jokingly called it a chameleon before realizing there actually was such a thing, though I don't think mine fits the true definition.

I managed to capture a video of it before it was set. http://youtu.be/CcT2spZdjxk

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous with the more subtle and WG prongs Nala! Great choice. The ring looks so beautiful on you.

Victoria10

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for the video and beautiful diamonds! The new prongs look beautiful too.

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That's beautiful! It's a beautiful OMC and the setting is perfect. I like what you did with the prongs! It went from wow to WOW WOW WOW!!!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
by JoCoJenn » 27 May 2015 02:51
Very pretty. Love how this turned out, especially with the smaller prongs! Did you change them again from yellow to white gold?

Yes, I did change them to white gold, to try to achieve a closer look to the inspiration picture.
I loooove your OMC! What plans do you have for it?

Acinom, Victoria10, iluvshinythings Thank you for your kind words! I am definitely glad that I went with the white gold prongs.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results