shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with center stone size

betty123

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

I'm having an awful time deciding on the size for the center stone for the Verragio Venetian 5021R setting. :wall:

Link: http://www.verragio.com/Verragio-En...tal_type=undefined&s_prod_gemstones=undefined

My ring size is 3.75 and we decided on a 1.4ct center stone but I'm starting to think it's overkill for my 3.75 finger size.

Do you think a 1.4ct will look too ridiculous with this style on a 3.75 finger?

Any inputs would be much appreciated. Thanks in advanced!

- Betty

geography36

Rough_Rock
Hi Betty,

I used some cad measurements and determined that the diamond shown on the Verragio website appears to be close to 1 ct.

Personally, I might get a higher quality stone or save the money as the stone that Verragio themselves chose to show the setting is considerably smaller (30 % lighter and 20% less surface area)

Hope this helps.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it would look lovely on your hand and IMO even if a diamond feels a bit big at first, your eyes adjust and you get used to it. But you have to think through what your comfort level is, everyone is different. Here is a site that will give you some idea how that size will look on your hand. You have to have the mm measurements of the diamond though.

www.diamdb.com

betty123

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all your replies! I decided to let the boyfriend make the final decision on the stone size :D But I did send :D him to the **edited by moderator, no affiliate linked websites please** website for reference. :D

Betty

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diamonds will shrink about .15mm per year... :wink2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results