shape
carat
color
clarity

Prove that what is his is mine

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
and what is mine is mine :bigsmile: So we were poorer when we were married 15 years ago. We did not have an engagement ring and had no clue about jewelry. We bought cheap but irreplaceable matching wedding bands and got hitch. After a lot of abuse and a little weight gain ( a lot!) through out the years the bands were no longer worn and kept in a safe for the last 10years.........in the mean time, finances got better, found Pricescope, we finally bought an engagement ring and a few rings, and resets later I finally meet David Klass. He custom made my latest e-ring setting. His customer service, patience and honesty made me take a chance on having our wedding bands remade revamp. Since it was thin 20k bands it was warp and bent. We decided to take both bands and turn it into one band for me. I was very picky because I wanted it to be perfect. To me this band was more important than the ering. David understood that and was very patient with my tweaking and nitpicking . The band is not wide enough, too wide, flowers too small, stones too dark...etc!! The man is a saint!! We had to re do a couple of times because I wanted to go with sapphires to incorporate hubby's favorite stone but David could not fine the right color blue so we decided to go with rubys since it is July gemstone for our anniversary.David actually sent out the sapphire band so I can see it in person to decide what I thought of it. It was ok but not perfect so DK told me to send it back and we will redo till we get it perfect. DK is sooo amazing. So enough with all the mushy stuff and on with the goods. I am attaching photos of how the bands look before DK and after. Also photos of the gorgeous 3 stone ring that DK custom made for me.

20150124_0.jpg

_29845.jpg

_29846.jpg

_29847.jpg

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
More photos of the 3 ring.

_29848.jpg

20150219_165152.jpg

20150219_0.jpg

_29849.jpg

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
Hanging out ;))

20150502_124448.jpg

20150502_123642.jpg

20150502_123757.jpg

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
wonderful! love seeing this man's art ! your rings are beautiful ...

:dance: :dance: :love: :love:

bbziggy

Shiny_Rock
Aww such a nice story and such gorgeous rings!! They look beautiful on you! :love: :appl:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Diamondbug, Your rings are gorgeous! They were well worth the wait and look beautiful on you!

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Your rings are just stunning! The little details are just beautiful. David Klass is certainly a master of his craft. I love your story also! Congratulations.

lulu

Ideal_Rock
You ended up with a gorgeous set! Congratulations!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm in love with your set! :wavey:

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
:love: :love: :love: What a great story!!! Good things come to those who wait. But in this case, better than good. Congrats!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Your rings are simply exquisite!!! I am really impressed with the jewelry people have posted from David Klass. And I love that what was his and what was yours are now both yours LOL!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous rings!!! They look stunning on your hand.
Absolutely refined work by David Klass. Please post in the David Klass thread as well :appl:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This ring is fantastic!!! Can you clarify a bit more? You took 2 rings with a lot of yellow gold and some white gold and made a band of white gold and rubies? What about the yellow gold?

staci76

Brilliant_Rock
WOW, I love your new ruby band (& your 3 stone ring too)!! I love flowers and am partial to rubies as well (it's my son's birth stone) -- this ring is the perfect combination of both!! :love: :love: David Klass truly does amazing work... Congratulations on 15 years! Enjoy! :))

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
Tekate, bbziggy, Calliecake, CRYSTAL24K, lulu, derbygal Thanks!! I am so happy with how the rings turned out especially the ruby band. I am sooo grateful to David for his patience and amazing workmanship. It was an amazing experience for me, I was never worried, stress or frustrated..... he answered all my concerns promptly and made all the tweaking that we thought needed to be done. Hubby and I were very impressed by his work and customer service. I am already missing his update emails :lol:

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
SparklySoprano said:
Good things come to those who wait. But in this case, better than good.

:dance: :dance: Yes you are so right!! Never looked at it like that. We were young, happy and in love.... guess its true in our case I did marry him even without a ring ;))

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
Sundial, Acinom and staci76 thank you. David is a master at his work but most importantly, he wants to make sure that you are happy with the end product.

Acinom said:
Please post in the David Klass thread as well

Yes, I will definitely do that!!

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
motownmama said:
Can you clarify a bit more? You took 2 rings with a lot of yellow gold and some white gold and made a band of white gold and rubies? What about the yellow gold?

Good question :wavey: !! The bands were 20k yellow and white gold. He melted both the bands and added whatever metal he needed to turn it into white gold. It is now 18k white gold. And he of course added the rubies and diamonds.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just stunning

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous rings!! I love everything about them. :appl:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous rings! Such amazing detail! :love: I love your story! How special to have DK incorporate something sentimental as well. :clap: Fantastic! Congrats!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Even without the backstory, I absolutely love your new band - and knowing that it's made from your original wedding bands, and that you love the end result, makes it even better! :love:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Oh I love the story!!!! I love seeing repurposing stories and David did a wonderful job. He really does have great customer service and the new ruby ring looks wonderful, as does your 3 stone! Wear them in great health!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your rings are so lovely. They are quite different and yet I love them both. Tell us what you ended up doing about hubby's ring? Did he get a new one? :praise:

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you guys. You just know how to make a girl silly happy. :bigsmile: Yep DK is awesome. I am giving him a breather before bugging him on my next project :lol:

minousbijoux said:
ell us what you ended up doing about hubby's ring? Did he get a new one?
We bought hubby a plain 20k white gold ring a few years back after he gained a few pounds... you know, from being blissfully married!! ;))

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So beautiful, turned out very well indeed!!! Congrats and more pics always appreciated :appl:

I'm starting to plot for an eternity band. Would you mind sharing the dimensions of the rubies on the band? Those look just to me (I don't like them too small).

Thank you!

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
azstonie said:
I'm starting to plot for an eternity band. Would you mind sharing the dimensions of the rubies on the band? Those look just to me (I don't like them too small).

I actually have no idea. Hahaha... I am no help!! DK did several wax mods for me and showed me the different widths. Then he sent me the first band with sapphires. It was perfect size but the flowers were too small for my blind eyes to appreciate so when we re did it with rubies, he made the flowers bigger. The band is 3mm wide. May is super crazy for me but when the kids get out of school and things settle down, I'll post more photos even the ones with sapphires ;))

IE_Princess

Shiny_Rock
That is one of the prettiest eternity bands I have ever seen!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results