shape
carat
color
clarity

Wonderful experiences with IDJ - long overdue post

mustangsally

Rough_Rock
Long overdue post - please bear with!

I was in NYC for work a couple of months before my grandparents' Diamond wedding anniversary last year. I had agreed with my mum that I'd visit IDJ, since we both knew of their reputation for good quality pieces at affordable prices, to see if I could get a nice diamond pendant for my grandmother. I headed over to 47th St the day I arrived and after looking at their pendants, picked out a lovely one at just about 1tcw, PS quality stones. Luann and Jade were really helpful, interested and engaging. I felt really well looked after. The pendant is really sparkly and my grandmother loved it.

So, I was happy that I had found exactly what we had wanted for my grandmother. But then I caught sight of the tennis bracelets.... I had been trying to decide between a bangle and tennis bracelet for a while, and having tried on the bangles they had, I found them too small for my wrists. So tennis bracelet it was, then. I couldn't think of a good reason not to strike while the iron was hot, so I got a beautiful bracelet too. I wear it every day and get frequent compliments because it really sparkles as it catches the light! ~5ct with 12 pointers PS quality stones.

_30445.jpg

_30446.jpg

_30447.jpg

_30448.jpg

mustangsally

Rough_Rock
Fast forward several months and having been really impressed by the quality of the IDJ pieces, I went back to NYC with my mum, both of us looking for e-ring upgrades.

I emailed before we got to the U.S. To let Luann know we were coming and what we were looking for. We went to IDJ first day we arrived (and in fact all 5 days we were there...) and met Yekutiel and the whole team in the new premises above 47th.

Yekutiel spent time understanding what both of us were after, ran numbers for us, showed us certs and had stones brought up for us to see. Both of us ended up buying. My mum a 1.2ct G SI1 and me a 1.5ct G SI2 with fluor. (both eye clean). Mum had her diamond set in a yellow gold 6 prong setting and I went for a 4 prong white gold setting with a wider band. The settings are both temporary since we wanted to get used to the diamonds before concentrating on settings.

We collected the finished rings the next day. Mum was thrilled with the diamond but unsure about the setting. I was the other way around. Very happy with the setting and it's lovely delicate claw prongs, but was unsure about the diamond itself. I kept looking at mum's stone and thought mine looked 'unclear' in comparison. I couldn't see down into it and it didn't sparkle as much.

So, we went back to Yekutiel who changed over mum's setting to the same one as mine and he found another 1.5ct G SI2 eye clean diamond for me, with no clouds and no fluor and set it for me into the same setting I previously had. I was much happier.

For my mum, he reset her diamond into the same setting as I had, plain WG four prong cathedral band.

Pics. Larger ring size 7 (for pg hands!) with 1.5 G SI2. Smaller ring size 5.5 with 1.2 G SI1.

_30449.jpg

_30450.jpg

_30451.jpg

_30452.jpg

mustangsally

Rough_Rock
A few more pics of the e-rings. Not sure why some are the wrong way up...

_30453.jpg

_30454.jpg

_30455.jpg

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wonderful pics, thank you for sharing them with us! The pendant, tennis bracelet and rings are terrific, they look great on you.

It was good to read of the positive experience and the customer service you had there. There is so little excellent customer service anymore. Sure, we get a SALES experience when we are shopping for what we are looking for but I always want to know how they handle things that AREN'T going well or making you happy. That they readily swapped diamonds and settings for you tells me a lot about IDJ.

Congrats on all your fantastic purchases! Enjoy!

mustangsally

Rough_Rock
Thanks azstonie :wavey:

IDJ were brilliant when we went back in not quite satisfied. It was all fixed with new stones and new settings in the rings THE SAME DAY. Nothing was too much trouble for Yekutiel - his prime interest was in ensuring that we went away happy customers with wonderful jewellery. Top notch team there.

mustangsally

Rough_Rock
Nearly done with our purchases...two more to show:

First up is my new earring jackets. I previously had 1pter ACA jackets from WF, but I prefer the bigger blinker look of my new IDJ 3 pters.
Yekutiel also advised me to reset my studs into true martini settings from my previous settings which had curved struts preventing them sitting properly in the jackets. In love with my new blingier jackets

I tried the 5 pters but they were too big for the ear real estate I had available!

Mum also bought a DBTY with 10 pters on 6 stations. It's very sparkly and really catches the light!

So overall a super successful trip to IDJ. I cannot recommend the whole team highly enough.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love visiting IDJ. It's inevitable that you will walk out with something every visit! That's why I had to stop working in the city... ;-) No really, it did help not being tempted to pop into IDJ when I started working somewhere else. LOLOLOL! LOVELY LOVELY bling purchases!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow...you guys did good! Did you leave anything for the rest of us :cheeky: ! What a fun and successful trip!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl:
WHOA!! Awesome diamond binge!!! I'm totally jealous! not sure which i love more - but I am DEFINITELY drooling over your tennis bracelet!! WOW I want one just like that!!

What a fantastic collection you have and aren't they amazing at IDJ? I don't get to NYC that often but when I do, I always love visiting them! Such wonderful people!

And your grandmother's pendant - fabulous anniversary gift idea!! ITs beautiful!!

Enjoy them all Mustang Sally!!

azeusa

Rough_Rock
Wow, what fantastic pieces - wear in health and much happiness!

I'll be in NY soon and you've just about convinced me I MUST drop into IDJ to pick up prezzies for the wonderful ladies in my life.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Great items, I love IDJ!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I'm loving all the bling in this thread!!! :love: Everything is just beautiful, love the bracelet and the jackets - I love everything! Congrats and have fun wearing all the new sparklies! :dance:

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
Looks like you and your Mum had a lot of fun picking out new jewels :love:

It's seems that IDJ are all about good customer service. :wavey:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for sharing your and your mum's beautiful pieces from IDJ. You have a fabulous collection!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results