shape
carat
color
clarity

Etsy Pearl Vendors

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks! Looks like that shop is temporarily closed. Do most jewelers drill pearls? Most of the folks I have dealt with are metalsmiths who work primarily with diamonds and CS. Not sure who I would look for locally to drill pearls (though I'm near the jewelry district here so there must be someone doing it!!). It sounds like an ambitious project to DIY a rig for drilling -- good luck!

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Those are pretty, ckrickett. Thanks for the heads up on etsy stores.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
enbcfsobe|1431088946|3873919 said:
Thanks! Looks like that shop is temporarily closed. Do most jewelers drill pearls? Most of the folks I have dealt with are metalsmiths who work primarily with diamonds and CS. Not sure who I would look for locally to drill pearls (though I'm near the jewelry district here so there must be someone doing it!!). It sounds like an ambitious project to DIY a rig for drilling -- good luck!

he should be back tuesday I believe, he is really wonderful about communication I have been sending him messages daily about things. I may use him for a bracelet project for myself I have! we will see! :naughty:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
enbcfsobe|1431088946|3873919 said:
It sounds like an ambitious project to DIY a rig for drilling -- good luck!

It is, but I am currently working on a major rehaul of some of my art projects that require mixed media supplies. I do painting, sculpting, and have a kiln, wheel, cmc router, laser cutter, and 3 3d printers. my art approach is a bit "non conventional" I have been meaning to do some work with ceramics pearls and paintings, and a pearl drill would also work with ceramics, and I could drill some found objects for special needs and applications so if I could get a good setup that could also drill pearls that would be perfect!

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
ckrickett - very pretty pearls :) As to the drilling .. I've used a Dremel to redrill pearls but never to drill an undrilled one. You can get a really cheap pearl drill for around 300$ that is made in China...Otto Frei has a Japanese brand that sells for 250 though it has no motor and you need a particular Foredom Flexshaft to run it. The one that several people recommended to me was made in Japan and ran about 1100 USD as of last year but Otto Frei has them on sale for only 840 which is a pretty good buy.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I want your kiln and wheel ckrickett!

IcyJade never heard of this vendor but I like the tin cup necklace.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
I love the middle fireball necklace!

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
Hey, who bought the tip cup? ;))

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
crickett -- sounds like you have quite the studio! i just have some pliers & snips and a few other tools -- I haven't really made anything at all since we added a member to the family :( (ETA: sad face was for no crafting, not for the arrival of my LO, who is super!) i am excited to hear about your adventures in pearl drilling though! thanks also for the details on what you ordered and the seller's schedule. i will definitely keep an eye on his shop, but will need to figure out a place to get drilling done (& a cost estimate) before i buy. i work right next to the jewelry district in Philly so I feel like there should be a place to get this done.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
blingbunny10|1431217324|3874649 said:

It's not me. :angel: Whoever it is, pls post pics!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
icy_jade|1431356360|3875094 said:
blingbunny10|1431217324|3874649 said:

It's not me. :angel: Whoever it is, pls post pics!

Yes Pics please!

also I ordered some supplies to make a ripple tin cup, but with oxidized silver so I hope mine turns out half as pretty as that one!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
My supplies and ripples came in!

I also ordered a little fireball pendant that oohs like a kitty cat ghost

I got them all (and my earring from before) from the same vendor. wenpearls.

I have ordered a few things from her before and some of her stuff is hit or miss and other things are very very pretty. She is always so nice to deal with, and her prices are pretty good, so I don;t mind taking a chance when I order from her.

These are all labeled as natural colors (pendants, pearls and earrings) so I am assuming they are. But if something looks off let me know!

Here is the pendant, the ripples I pulled for the tin cup (the rest ill make a long rope) and the earrings from before!

fullsizerender_66.jpg
fullsizerender_1_24.jpg

looks like a kitty ghost to me. I wish that the bail was on the other end, but I didm;t have the option to tell her where'd I like the bail, either way it was very inexpensive and is a fun little guy. Reminds me of a kitty pretending to be a ghost

fullsizerender_2_8.jpg

These are the ripples I pulled for the tin cup, if I make the tin cup longer I may pull a few more out. I wanted the most metallic-y looking ones. These are VERY ripply with dents, holes and horns, most of what I got was pretty terrific, some were frankensteinish, so those will be set aside. these are about 10-12mm

and my earrings that I got from there as well

fullsizerender_3_4.jpg fullsizerender_2_7.jpg

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Ckrickett- I love the kitty ghost! And the earrings are lovely too.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful haul ckrickett!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results