shape
carat
color
clarity

Picking up my Asscher legacy inspired halo tomorrow

DeltaD

Rough_Rock
After a few weeks of looking at so many Asschers (hard to find in London) the Fi and I picked out a beautiful one at a family jewellers who could custom make a legacy inspired halo setting for me.

The specs of the stone:
0.71 carat
F colour
VS2
Very good polish
Very good symmetry
Dimensions: 4.99x4.98x3.32
Depth 67.9%
Table 64%

Such a lovely sparkly and already Asscher, just how I like them!

So initially they got the setting wrong, the bead set pave halo was too small and crowded (20 on the halo) it just looked messy, and the bezel was too wide and not milgrained enough.

So anyhow, they redid the halo and bezel and I got a text today the ring is ready!

They sent me a picture, what do you think? I'd love some opinions as I can get stars in my eyes when I see bling and stop thinking clearly!

_26695.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful! I can't wait to see hand shots!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks good!
How exciting for you. Please come back with a lot of handshots

DeltaD

Rough_Rock
Oh I will! The Fi and I are going this afternoon to see it. I was so disappointed when the setting was wrong last week, want to go in with fresh eyes later today.

This was the last week btw:

_26709.jpg

luvsdmb

Brilliant_Rock
It's very pretty! Was your intention to have it look more cushion like? I'm only asking this since you are picking it up and you have had it re done once already. I would hate for you to realize that the bezel around the diamond doesn't show off the asscher shape as much as it could. (Or it could just be the picture, and I can't see the shapes of the corner) Either way it's very pretty.

DeltaD

Rough_Rock
Yes that's right, I wanted it cushion shaped, not a fan of the octagonal halo (very much personal Preference, love the shape as a solitaire). My problem with the original way it was set was the bezel was too wide and the pave too small, crowded and messy in my eyes. But they redid it as above and I picked it up today. It is sooooo gorgeous! So in love with it, looks really vintage and just how I wanted it. Was worried I might think it was small after seeing so many amazing but over 1ct Asschers on here, but this looks perfect on my finger. First handshot (apologies for the bad lighting, we were in a pub celebrating!)

_26758.jpg

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
DeltaD, I really love the redesign. It's simply elegant with its more rounded-like corners. Very beautiful and it looks perfect on your hand. Congratulations!! And kudos to you for keeping your gut intuition involved and getting what you really want. :appl:

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
It looks wonderful, I really love the new bezel with better milgrain. <3 Congratulations!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful reset. The difference is in the detailing, but it makes a great difference. I am so glad that you are happy with it: your beautiful Asscher has found its forever home.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad they got it just the way you want it. It is a lovely stone. I am a huge fan of asschers too. The beautiful symmetry is just mesmerizing. Congratulations!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the final version, thanks for sharing! :love:

DK :))

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
The final version of your ring is beautiful!

luvsdmb

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty, it does look perfect on you. What size ring do you wear? They did a great job.

DeltaD

Rough_Rock
Thank you all! I am so so pleased with how it turned out, it's stunning and love wearing it!

Although it is a little on the tight side, at least it was when I woke up Saturday morning and when I get hot (and my fingers swell up). But going to give it a week and see. It's a UK size K, US 5 1/8

I'll take some better pictures soon and post!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its beautiful! We need a million more pictures!

I am also a size K & the tightness of my rings can be extreme (I wear 3 stacked on my wedding finger, totaling 8.5mm) I would see how you get on but be tempted to keep it as it is until you get to the point of putting a wedding ring on. Better to be too tight than too lose! I also recall when I first got engaged how tight the one ring felt, but actually it go it comfy & made its own space. The heat we had this summer here did result in me putting my eternity ring on my right hand sometimes & I couldn't get my wedding or engagement ring off for days, but now in this icy weather they are rattling & spinning :bigsmile:

DeltaD

Rough_Rock
Yes I'll make some more over the next few days with my better camera outside!

I think you might be right about siZe, I am all ready getting used to it, although it is really cold in our flat (where I work all day).

I can imagine it is tight with three bands! I haven't picked my wedding band yet, although we need to start thinking about that soon, as we are already getting married in June :). I also need to decide what kind of band I want, I'm pretty sure I want a platinum half eternity one to match, but unsure if I want to have it with a cutout or moulded around the chenere under my setting. The shop that made my ring also said they can remove one chenere and then the wedding band will sit flush (which of course they can make/sell me), but we are getting married in the states so could get it there if it's more price effective!

Diamoneecee

Rough_Rock
GORGEOUS, I echo morepictures please :love:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Wow, you are really brave to make a unique, custom ering!

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Oh so super pretty, DeltaD! It looks great on your hand- lovely! Thank you for sharing.

DeltaD

Rough_Rock
Here are the pictures!! Iphone ones atm, hopefully better ones soon :)

_27287.jpg

_27288.jpg

_27296.jpg

DeltaD

Rough_Rock
And more

_27289.jpg

_27290.jpg

_27291.jpg

DeltaD

Rough_Rock
Few more!

_27292.jpg

_27293.jpg

_27294.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beauty!!! It looks great on your hand.
You have beautiful hands and nails by the way. Your ring looks extra glamorous and classic on your hand

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring! :love: It looks very classic and elegant on your hand, just perfect! Congratulations!

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock
Wow your ring is incredible! Your jeweler nailed it perfectly! Congrats on your engagement.

DeltaD

Rough_Rock
Thank you all!! Love it!

And the nailpolish does really make it pop, doesn't it? It's essie - fishnet stockings :)

jenncent

Shiny_Rock
Trade
This looks beautiful on you!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results