shape
carat
color
clarity

Quad vs halo?? Just picked up my new ring! SHOW ME YOURS!

CMM87

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone! We just picked up my custom ring last night...and we are absolutely in love with it! It's a QUAD :shock: lol...and to me, its beautiful! Before we decided to go the "quad" route, I noticed that a lot of people are really against them.. I know it gives the illusion of a larger diamond without actually having one. From everything I've been able to find, that is the #1 reason people dislike them.

I don't understand, though, how that is that any different than getting a halo to create the same illusion? People love halos...because they create the illusion... but dislike the quads/clusters because they do the same? :confused:

**Just to be clear, I have nothing against halo rings! My initial e-ring was a halo, and the only reason I dont have it anymore is because it was poorly made and I had a TON of problems with it.**

I guess I would just like some opinions on why one is (or what makes one) "better" or "more likable" than the other... and honest opinion on: Are people really looked at differently if they have a quad/cluster ring?...

ALSO, if you have a QUAD or CLUSTER ring and you're proud to ROCK that puppy, I want to see it!!! :bigsmile: Here's mine!

cymera_20150219_143018.jpg

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Quad vs halo?? Just picked up my new ring! SHOW ME YOURS

I think your design is really beautiful. I love how the bands come up to the center. While I don't have a quad to share, I wanted to comment on yours. It matters most if you like it! Enjoy! :))

iota15

Brilliant_Rock

It's a lovely ring. Don't worry about what people think. Just enjoy it. It's very pretty.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Its personal preference. Just as some people dont even buy diamonds for engagement rings. If YOU like it that is what matters.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

If this is a thread to show off your lovely ring, then I wouldn't get into the more volatile questions you being up in this thread. SMTB is a place for boasting! Wear it loud wear it proud!

If you want to get into the nitty gritty of opinions on cluster or quad rings, probably best to start a rocky talky thread. Don't want it muddying up this thread.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium

My sister has one, and it really packs a punch! I quite like it on her finger! And yours is lovely, too.

Candygrl

Brilliant_Rock

It's very pretty! Enjoy :)

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Its a beautiful design...if you love your ring, thats all that matters!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock

I think your ring is just gorgeous! Enjoy it and wear it proudly.

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade

When I look at an engagement ring, the center is the expected focal point. In a quad (which I had never heard of before you mentioned it, but have since Googled for detailed images), the center is a plus sign made by the space between stones. It wouldn't work for me because of the negative space being in the center. But what I want on my finger doesn't matter! If you like it, enjoy it!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It is beautiful and very unique! love it. :love: :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful ring! It looks great on your hand. Enjoy wearing it.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Niel|1424400671|3835175 said:
If this is a thread to show off your lovely ring, then I wouldn't get into the more volatile questions you being up in this thread. SMTB is a place for boasting! Wear it loud wear it proud!

If you want to get into the nitty gritty of opinions on cluster or quad rings, probably best to start a rocky talky thread. Don't want it muddying up this thread.

Agreed! You posted on SMTB so I'd recommend just leaving it to the glamour shots and love for your ring. It's very pretty. Have you chosen a wedding ring yet?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I also have never heard of a quad...is it four princess cuts that are set to appear as one stone? I am familiar with cluster rings, and I will say that if my budget was really limited, I would do a cluster/halo look as opposed to a single little diamond. So I think it is a great idea if someone decides that is their preference! Your ring looks really pretty! :appl:

Rena7

Shiny_Rock

That is a really nice ring. I know two ladies that have a quad set ring. I don't see anything wrong with that choice. Jewelry is all about finding something you love. Enjoy your ring and congratulations on your engagement.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

As a halo owner, I don't love my ring because I wanted the illusion of a bigger ring, nor did I design it with that intention. I just wanted a halo because I love the design (I love that it's chunky, yet delicate). The halo around my center stone is not meant to deceive, it's meant to enhance it - I don't think that anyone looks at a halo and is deceived into thinking that it's just a large solitaire. Simple as that.
If you love your cluster ring then that's all that matters and there should be no need to understand how and/or why anyone else feels about it. Enjoy your new ring and congrats!!! =)

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Congratulations! Its a visually beautiful ring! My original engagement ring was 3 quads, designed to look like a 3 stone princess solitaire, and I do miss it!

I have a cautionary tale for you: don't ever drop it! My then 2 year old dropped mine onto a slate floor in the kitchen. She was twirling it on her index finger after I had cleaned it, so it wasn't dropped from a great height. But the way the diamonds were pressure set meant that one of the diamonds cracked one next to it. The insurance company refused to repair it due to the complicated setting & costs involved, so they paid out instead, with an advisory that they wouldn't insure the same design again. It was horribly sad. On a positive note, they did let me keep it, so one day i shall set the remaining 11 diamonds into something else. It's unwearable currently, as one knock could cause the cracked stone to fall out, and then the others would follow.

So look after that beauty & may it give you many, many years of pleasure! :love:

CMM87

Rough_Rock

Thanks for the responses, everyone!!

Sorry I posted the questions I did about one versus the other in this forum.. I wanted to show it off, see any others who have them, and know why people dislike them... maybe I should've posted two different posts - in separate forums.. I didn't know :doh:

Either way, thanks again, everyone! I really do love it!

@Alex T: Sorry to hear that happened to you. Thank you for sharing your story though, definitely something for me to be mindful of!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results