shape
carat
color
clarity

Finewater unheated pad sapphire ring

Gemajames

Shiny_Rock
Hello,

For anyone considering a gem purchase from Gary at Finewater, do it! I debated back and forth on his recent elongated oval unheated pad sapphire. His photos showed quite a bit of brown and he said it was primarily more orange than pink. Since I already own an orange, I steered clear and passed. Then Gary started posting short video clips. I went back for a look. In the video, I saw the pink and fell in love with the sapphire. The sapphire is just over 2 carats and certified unheated by the GIA. I had also been eying a pre-loved mounting from another lovely PS'er. She went the extra mile to have her jeweler confirm that my sapphire would work as she had an emerald cut set in it originally. The platinum custom engraved mounting contains .43 total carat weight of VS H trapezoids. The sapphire is 8.17 x 5.69 x 4.88mm. David Klass set the stone for me (another jewelry genius IMHO), sized it up a tad and added the engraving back where he sized it. Here is the end result which pleases me beyond words!!

_27297.jpg

_27298.jpg

_27299.jpg

_27300.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is amazing!! Gary's photo's did not do the beauty of the stone justice. I love the stone and the setting as well. You made some great choices. More pics please :appl:

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
It looks really fantastic. Lovely pad colour.

Do you have Gary's photo/s btw?

EvangelineG

Brilliant_Rock
I love everything about this! So lovely! :love:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The color is just spectacular. I'm glad that setting went to a good home. All in all its stunning.

Gemajames

Shiny_Rock
Acinom said:
This is amazing!! Gary's photo's did not do the beauty of the stone justice. I love the stone and the setting as well. You made some great choices. More pics please :appl:

Thank you, Acinom. Your collection is stellar so honored you like my ring!

Gemajames

Shiny_Rock
LoversKites said:

I only have one, but I think there were his others in another post if I recall. Hoping I can use this one without issue.

_27304.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous art deco inspired setting. It really highlights your pad.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good call on the stone - I never would've imagined it would look so lovely from that one photo you posted!

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
Gemajames|1424539633|3835974 said:
LoversKites said:

I only have one, but I think there were his others in another post if I recall. Hoping I can use this one without issue.

Ah, yours is this one??? It's much better looking in your photos.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely pictures, thank you so much for sharing! Wear your lovely ring in good health. :love:

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock
You have such and amazing ring! It looks like your sapphire and setting were made for each other :love: .

ElleK

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Congratulations, it's gorgeous!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, I remember posting these in the Somebody's gotta buy this

You made such a great choice. And it proves once again that it is always preferred to view stones with your own eyes. I bet you cannot stop looking at your ring. Thank you for the kind words about my collection. I can only dream about wearing a pad ring someday :love: :love:

_27306.jpg

_27307.jpg

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
The vendor should think about the his pictures - your pad is gorgous - never expected such a beauty from the original pics! :appl:

I forgot - the setting is great!! :appl: :appl:

Gemajames

Shiny_Rock
Acinom|1424542060|3836016 said:
Ah, I remember posting these in the Somebody's gotta buy this

You made such a great choice. And it proves once again that it is always preferred to view stones with your own eyes. I bet you cannot stop looking at your ring. Thank you for the kind words about my collection. I can only dream about wearing a pad ring someday :love: :love:

Acinom, you found them :clap: you are right, I cannot stop staring at it. I'm so thankful that Gary is so accommodating and put up with my questions.

Marlow, thank you for the compliments! He did mention getting a new camera because I told him that the short video is definitely what made me pop on this one :love: :love: :love:

ElleW, PattyCo and Asscherhalo_lover, Many thanks for the wonderful comments!

Gemajames

Shiny_Rock
Last post so I can go stare some more, a few more photos for everyone :naughty:

_27315.jpg

_27316.jpg

_27317.jpg

_27318.jpg

ipodobe

Rough_Rock
Stunning ring! You made the right choice in buying the pad. Lovely!

Gemajames

Shiny_Rock
ipodobe|1424544725|3836042 said:
Stunning ring! You made the right choice in buying the pad. Lovely!

Thank you ipodobe :twirl:

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
A good idea to buy a new camera!!!

:appl:

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
This is gorgeous!! The pad looks so beautiful in your pics - way better than in Gary's! I love the ring too! Congrats! :appl:

ETA: Just realised you also posted the pala/DK pink tourm ring! You really have an eye for picking amazing stones and finding preloved settings that look amazing and fit perfectly. I love the idea of repurposing preloved jewellery, wish I had your eye for it!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Stunning ring!!!!!! That stone is magical :love: I love it in the setting you bought, just spectacular :appl:

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
Adore!! Just love it so much it hurts..

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I already keep coming back to this thread :love: :love: :love: Besutiful pad's like yours are so unique and mesmerizing.
Would it be possible for you to make a groupshot with your Pala pad, your tourmaline, marquise spinel and green rings :appl:

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
wow you are right -- the website photos don't do it justice. looks fabulous in that setting!! :appl:

Gemajames

Shiny_Rock
ricezo|1424557456|3836147 said:
This is gorgeous!! The pad looks so beautiful in your pics - way better than in Gary's! I love the ring too! Congrats! :appl:

ETA: Just realised you also posted the pala/DK pink tourm ring! You really have an eye for picking amazing stones and finding preloved settings that look amazing and fit perfectly. I love the idea of repurposing preloved jewellery, wish I had your eye for it!

Thank you ricezo. I really love to "marry" a pre-loved setting to one of my stones. It's always a challenge, but the hunt is fun and rewarding :razz:

Gemajames

Shiny_Rock
Thank you woofmomma, Fancygems and enbcfsobe!

Acinom, I'll try and take a group picture and post :wavey:

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
SO excited how perfect this turned out...looks like your pad was meant for this setting! Beautiful job! You have a great eye :appl:

Gemajames

Shiny_Rock
artdecolover71|1424626464|3836472 said:
SO excited how perfect this turned out...looks like your pad was meant for this setting! Beautiful job! You have a great eye :appl:

artdecolover71, It does look custom made for the pad and I'm so glad my instincts (with a little help :naughty: ) told me to snap up this beautiful mounting!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results