shape
carat
color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

my fiery Mexican opal, very hard to get this kind of color play with an orange body color.

img_6777.jpg

img_6778.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

OTL|1422568977|3824090 said:
my fiery Mexican opal, very hard to get this kind of color play with an orange body color.

Beautiful. Your eye for gems is wonderful.

OTL

Brilliant_Rock

TL|1422575720|3824124 said:
OTL|1422568977|3824090 said:

Beautiful. Your eye for gems is wonderful.

Thanks TL. You are so nice

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I like that colour play on the opal!

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock

Wonderful finds everyone!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Everyone does has great finds!! Very true.

I'm just into opals laterly, trying to figure out how to set an orange fire opal, so OTL's stunner caught my eye. My stone doesn't have colorplay though :(

OTL

Brilliant_Rock

TL|1422647653|3824566 said:
Everyone does has great finds!! Very true.

I'm just into opals laterly, trying to figure out how to set an orange fire opal, so OTL's stunner caught my eye. My stone doesn't have colorplay though :(

Thanks again :tongue: I remember your precision cut vivid orange fire opal, it's a gorgeous facet stone

I'm so into opals recently as well, they are just gorgeous, each one is different. You get to have a lot a lot of fun rolling them!

Here are 2 of my solid black opals. I just love the amazing yellow/orange/red colors

tb1gufegvxxxxcmxvxxxxxxxxxx___0-item_pic.jpg

tb2zojobpxxxxbwxpxxxxxxxxxx___0.jpg

tb1xltfgvxxxxxtxvxxxxxxxxxx___0-item_pic.jpg

tb2xsrvbpxxxxxxxpxxxxxxxxxx___60608815.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

OTL,
They're lovely. I wish I had a black opal.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

OTL, is that your black opal in your avatar?

OTL

Brilliant_Rock

pregcurious|1422758219|3825297 said:
OTL, is that your black opal in your avatar?

I wish it's mine ;(
i could give up a lot of stones in my collection for that!

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock

Acinom,

Quanto piottosto! (practicing Italian :whistle: ) I had to look at link to see pretty detail. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

wordie89|1423406170|3829297 said:
Acinom,

Quanto piottosto! (practicing Italian :whistle: ) I had to look at link to see pretty detail. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

Aww, thank you Wordie :wavey: thanks for your kind words.
Ciao 8-)

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

OTL

Brilliant_Rock

2ct cobalt bearing blue spinel in a round Portuguese cut, eye clean no window

I have a friend works at a gem lab, and he sent this data to me :naughty: Not for cert, just for my own knowledge

Not those windex blue rather than a denium blue color

img_6974.jpg

img_6975.jpg

img_0372.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I want to set the following stone.

The elongated stone is a 9 carat indicolite I have that goes to a more green color towards the tip. It has some inclusions near the green portion, but I love the color. I bought it a long time ago at a gem show.

No pendants, it has to be a ring.

tlindicolite.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow, TL, that is one heckuva challenge to set but a beautiful stone. Love the gradual color shift.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

minousbijoux|1424408697|3835224 said:
Wow, TL, that is one heckuva challenge to set but a beautiful stone. Love the gradual color shift.

Thanks, it's 22 x 7 mm, so yes, it will be a challenge to set. I hope I don't have to go custom.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock

TL|1424409266|3835227 said:
minousbijoux|1424408697|3835224 said:

Thanks, it's 22 x 7 mm, so yes, it will be a challenge to set. I hope I don't have to go custom.

Wow TL, that is going to be a fabulous ring.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

TL|1424407001|3835216 said:
I want to set the following stone.

The elongated stone is a 9 carat indicolite I have that goes to a more green color towards the tip. It has some inclusions near the green portion, but I love the color. I bought it a long time ago at a gem show.

No pendants, it has to be a ring.

What a beauty!! That will be a spectacular ring

S

SparkliesLuver

Ohhhh, TL. That's gonna be a beauty, especially since the stone already is! :love: Once I have my morning coffee, I'll see what I can find.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks ladies, you're all very kind.

S

SparkliesLuver

I haven't found any stock settings yet, but I did find this inspiration picture...since something tells me you'd still want a halo. ;-)

il_204.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

SparkliesLuver|1424444647|3835348 said:
I haven't found any stock settings yet, but I did find this inspiration picture...since something tells me you'd still want a halo. ;-)

Yes, I actually saw that before online, and halos are not out of the question (you know me too well, LOL!).

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Here's a couple of pics of it between my fat finger tips. The dealer, I forget who, told me that it was Brazilian, but that's all I know about the stone, and I can't confirm it, not that the origin matters because it's not Paraiba. It's just a blue green indicolite. Photo in natural diffused light on a cloudy day. I love it more in incandescent, but my camera doesn't focus too well in that lighting. I also want to make a pastel cluster ring out of the stones in this box (spinels, aqua, spess, tourmaline, chyrsoberyl), but that's another project, another time. That will have to be custom. The seafoam cushion tourmaline is an Afghan cut by Gene a million years ago, as was the smaller spess to the left. The aqua is the round top right, and that was cut by Bob Kast. Everything else is a spinel (all pink and lilac stones), chrysoberyl, or spess.

Thanks for looking!

tlindicolite1.jpg

tlindicolite2.jpg

tlclusterstones.jpg

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock

TL, I'm looking forward to seeing how you get that tourm set, and eventually get the stones for the cluster ring set.

OTL

Brilliant_Rock

TL|1424456670|3835503 said:
Here's a couple of pics of it between my fat finger tips. The dealer, I forget who, told me that it was Brazilian, but that's all I know about the stone, and I can't confirm it, not that the origin matters because it's not Paraiba. It's just a blue green indicolite. Photo in natural diffused light on a cloudy day. I love it more in incandescent, but my camera doesn't focus too well in that lighting. I also want to make a pastel cluster ring out of the stones in this box (spinels, aqua, spess, tourmaline, chyrsoberyl), but that's another project, another time. That will have to be custom. The seafoam cushion tourmaline is an Afghan cut by Gene a million years ago, as was the smaller spess to the left. The aqua is the round top right, and that was cut by Bob Kast. Everything else is a spinel (all pink and lilac stones), chrysoberyl, or spess.

Thanks for looking!

Love all of them
But you know which one I love the most :D

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

TL what I wouldn't give to see your collection in person someday. Spectacular!!

I thought some of you might enjoy this video of an opal. Before I would consider buying it I would first need to win the lotto and then I'd ask for a picture on the hand in natural sunlight. But the movie sure is cool.

http://www.opalauctions.com/auctions/ethiopian-opal/ethiopian-opal-stones/item-498868

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium

TL is an an impossible act to follow :love:

I have a love hate relationship with trillions...love the cut...hate having to find settings for them. But I just got these two back from my jewelers and wanted to share.

Spinel from Mahenge that I bought from a friend off LT. She later sold me the beautiful custom setting. Not the in-demand neon pink, but still gorgeous stone.. The problem is that I like finger coverage and I'm learning rose gold and soft pinks don't look great with my skintone :( But I loved it too much to consider selling, so my jeweler set two small diamonds (that I had) in platinum heads to pick it up. So happy I can finally take this out of the box and wear it.

mahenge_tril.jpg

I have a love hate relationship with trillions. Love the cut...hate having to find settings for them (especially since I tend to stick with stock settings). Wanted a tsav badly and the same friend wasn't able to sell this set in a pendant on LT so I got lucky. I bought this inexpensive stock setting shaped for a pear which my jeweler was able to modify. It probably doesn't do the stone justice (nor does the picture-its really and incredible deep emerald green with blue modifier) but I am happily wearing it.

tsav_ring.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

OTL|1424468522|3835640 said:
TL|1424456670|3835503 said:
Thanks for looking!

Love all of them
But you know which one I love the most :D

Ha ha, I think I know. ;-)

Rosebloom,
Thank you for the opal video, it was amazing!!

Lilmosun,
I have a love/hate relationship with trillions too. I have quite a few trillion rings, and a trillion bypass ring.

Thanks to everyone again, for the kind words.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results