shape
carat
color
clarity

Colored Stone E-rings/Eyecandy

Diamondboy11685

Shiny_Rock
I'm new here on PS and I'm still figuring out how it all works...

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
New earrings! Emerald and ruby cabochons in YG. The emeralds are a bit included but I won't see them when I'm wearing them and they did bring down the price. This was started in 2014 so it doesn't count towards my 2015 quota, right?? My resolution to cut down on projects this year is falling by the wayside already! [emoji28]

uploadfromtaptalk1422452466182.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mochiko42|1422452586|3823165 said:
New earrings! Emerald and ruby cabochons in YG. The emeralds are a bit included but I won't see them when I'm wearing them and they did bring down the price. This was started in 2014 so it doesn't count towards my 2015 quota, right?? My resolution to cut down on projects this year is falling by the wayside already! [emoji28]

:lol: yes, you completely failed in cutting down the number of projects.
But succeeded in having another stunning piece created :love: :love: :love:
I assume you are creating a HUGE SMTB thread at this very moment Mochiko :naughty:
Oh my, where did you find these stones. And were these created by Sally? Absolutely beautiful.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock

Gorgeous earrings! I love the contrasting colours and textures! :appl:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
These are stunning, and I am not even a yellow gold fan. The yellow gold with the red and green is perfect!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom said:
:lol: yes, you completely failed in cutting down the number of projects.
But succeeded in having another stunning piece created :love: :love: :love:
I assume you are creating a HUGE SMTB thread at this very moment Mochiko :naughty:
Oh my, where did you find these stones. And were these created by Sally? Absolutely beautiful.

Thanks Acinom! I might post a few more pics later -- I won't actually receive the earrings for another week, because I will be traveling next week for work. These are indeed by Sally again, the stones are also sourced by her. It's a long story - originally she and I wanted to do pear-shaped emeralds with fish hooks, but after a long journey these cabs were the result. This should be the last CS piece for a while, as I'm focusing on getting my OEC finished before starting any new projects. :naughty:

ricezo said:
Gorgeous earrings! I love the contrasting colours and textures! :appl:
pregcurious said:
These are stunning, and I am not even a yellow gold fan. The yellow gold with the red and green is perfect!
Thanks for the kind words, ricezo and pregcurious! I love the bright colors of these earrings. I went with 18k yellow gold this time for a richer buttery yellow. I can't wait to wear them. :)

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Recent impulse purchase from Kira Ferrer on Etsy. Colored gemstone stackers: chalcedony, chrysoprase, and aquamarine in sterling silver. A fun pop of color for under $100.[emoji7]

uploadfromtaptalk1423300921013.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
mochiko - I lovelovelove your earrings, fabulous!!! I've often looked at Kira's shop, what a refreshing colorcombo.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
My dream ring from Annette. With fancy colored diamonds, light yellow, deep yellowish orange and vivid yellow orange, tiny diamond asschers, in white gold. I'm having such fun with it. :twirl:

_26788.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous Mochiko!!! This happens to be one of my favorite color combinations. You are so talented in finding great stones and putting together luxurious jewelry for amazing prices. Very inspiring!

I cannot see enough photo's of your ring MarriedTiger. Annette did such an amazing job :appl:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are all so lovely - acinom, love your group shot; Mochiko: you have such an eye for color - the stacking rings are beautiful colors together; and MT: Yay! for treating yourself for a milestone bday! The colors are so elegant and the ring is such a wonderful statement.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful additions to this thread! :love:

Mochiko, those stacking rings are gorgeous, the colours look lovely together!

marriedtiger that ring is amazing, do you have to wait until your 40th to wear it or is it an early present?

Acinom your group shots always blow my mind, you have such a beautiful collection of rings!

snfsdca

Rough_Rock
userangl28212003|1424116396|3833487 said:
Here are my group of rings :)

dscn1698.jpg

Love the one with the yellow center stone and the three stone with sapphire (?). More details, please!

userangl28212003

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
snfsdca|1424117840|3833496 said:

dscn1698.jpg

Love the one with the yellow center stone and the three stone with sapphire (?). More details, please!

Hi. Thank you. Yes it is a blue sapphire that always seems to be dark in pics lol, in person it is a very nice royal blue that I have trouble capturing with my not so great camera :). The yellow stone is a HPHT yellow diamond, top red stone on pointer fingers is heated only ruby, underneath that is my burmese red spinel, and the black stone is a natural black diamond :)

snfsdca

Rough_Rock
userangl28212003|1424118773|3833506 said:
snfsdca|1424117840|3833496 said:

Hi. Thank you. Yes it is a blue sapphire that always seems to be dark in pics lol, in person it is a very nice royal blue that I have trouble capturing with my not so great camera :). The yellow stone is a HPHT yellow diamond, top red stone on pointer fingers is heated only ruby, underneath that is my burmese red spinel, and the black stone is a natural black diamond :)

I can see the blue flash. Personally I love a darker blue for sapphires...they always remind me of Princess Di's ring :).

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
ricezo|1423347181|3829025 said:
Beautiful additions to this thread! :love:

Mochiko, those stacking rings are gorgeous, the colours look lovely together!

marriedtiger that ring is amazing, do you have to wait until your 40th to wear it or is it an early present?

Acinom your group shots always blow my mind, you have such a beautiful collection of rings!

ricezo - thank you! :) Luckily I don't have to wait! :mrgreen:

mtsapphirelovingannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
mochiko42|1423301092|3828660 said:
Recent impulse purchase from Kira Ferrer on Etsy. Colored gemstone stackers: chalcedony, chrysoprase, and aquamarine in sterling silver. A fun pop of color for under $100.[emoji7]

I love this color combination. So pretty!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, nice diamond there, Diamondboy.

Here's a six carat kyanite I've had for years. I've never set it because the tone is too dark for my taste, but it does emulate those "royal blue" sapphires that every one loves due to the Diana/Kate ring popularity. It's a much more affordable option too, although not as durable as sapphire. In any case, most people would think it's a sapphire, so I wanted to post it for educational purposes. The tone is seen in contrast to my spinel ring which is a medium tone.

tlkyanite_spinel.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL|1425222077|3840160 said:

Here's a six carat kyanite I've had for years. I've never set it because the tone is too dark for my taste, but it does emulate those "royal blue" sapphires that every one loves due to the Diana/Kate ring popularity. It's a much more affordable option too, although not as durable as sapphire. In any case, most people would think it's a sapphire, so I wanted to post it for educational purposes. The tone is seen in contrast to my spinel ring which is a medium tone.

Funny how the photo makes your spinel look washed out and light toned and makes your kyanite look medium toned! I know its because its taken in such bright light (and the spinel is on an angle), but if I didn't know your tastes, I would think that you consider that color as represented in the kyanite in your photo as the color of Princess Diana/Kate's sapphire :lol:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My mum's ruby diamond cluster ring recently re-sized so that I can wear it again (last worn in 2005).

Don't know the spec except it is 18K WG and the ruby is over 2ct, bought in the late 70s.

rubycluster_01.jpg

DK :))

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1425244934|3840369 said:

Funny how the photo makes your spinel look washed out and light toned and makes your kyanite look medium toned! I know its because its taken in such bright light (and the spinel is on an angle), but if I didn't know your tastes, I would think that you consider that color as represented in the kyanite in your photo as the color of Princess Diana/Kate's sapphire :lol:

Yes, it was taken indoors, but the sunlight was shining on both of them through the window. The kyanite is very dark blue. It looks better in the sun, but yes, the spinel does look a bit washed out, also due to the tilt window that you alluded to. That spinel is one of my favorite stones though.

Diamondboy11685

Shiny_Rock

Thanks so much TL. I just love the "royal blue" color. My favorite is high quality tanzanite. Your stones are beautiful. Here's a couple of my tanzis
image_3063.jpg image_3038.jpg image_3040.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks diamondboy,
Tanzies are beautiful. Love your blingy settings.

BaileyC

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone! Everyone's rings and bling are SO beautiful!!!

I'm a newbie, but I just got my engagement ring (and eternity wedding band) and I wanted to humbly submit it as colored stone eye candy! My FI has done REALLY well, and I'm just thrilled with it, and more importantly with HIM!

14k White Gold, custom setting with Pave diamonds
6.4mm Richard Homer concave faceted blue sapphire

Wedding Set, Side View:
weddingset_cropped.jpg

Engagement Ring, Top View:
ering_topview_cropped.jpg

Wedding Set, Top View:
weddingset_topview_cropped.jpg

Outdoor Shot:
weddingset_outdoorrock_cropped.jpg

snfsdca

Rough_Rock
BaileyC|1425742144|3843332 said:
Hi everyone! Everyone's rings and bling are SO beautiful!!!

I'm a newbie, but I just got my engagement ring (and eternity wedding band) and I wanted to humbly submit it as colored stone eye candy! My FI has done REALLY well, and I'm just thrilled with it, and more importantly with HIM!

14k White Gold, custom setting with Pave diamonds
6.4mm Richard Homer concave faceted blue sapphire

Congratulations, BaileyC! I love the artistic, botanical concept of your set - it is really pretty and the flower with vines are nicely executed. Do you know who your FI commissioned to make it? I am curious to see more from the artist.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results