shape
carat
color
clarity

What looks best with Blue Akoya

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Thoughts on Oregon sunstone, yellow sapphire or pink tourmaline?

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
ckrickett|1423705221|3831135 said:
ennui|1423704255|3831124 said:
I don't suppose you'd care to share the vendor name? Those pearls look pretty good to me!

Out of 30" I got about 26 inches of pearls, they are really beautiful.
http://stores.ebay.com/ehretdesigngallery/
is where I got them. I have ordered a number of different strands and beads from them, they are really great

some of the nacre around the pearls have chipped and some have black and brown blotches. The vendor had multiple pictures showing everything, and described everything well. Which I thought was pretty awesome, since some vendors try and hide flaws. Their prices were pretty amazing for them too.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ckrickett|1423705258|3831136 said:
Thoughts on Oregon sunstone, yellow sapphire or pink tourmaline?

Pink tourmaline gets my vote, as I cannot wear yellow/orange except as accent colours.

DK :))

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My vote is for the Labradorite.

Really pretty pearls ckrickett!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
some of the ones with blemishes had tiny blemishes, so I did a quickie necklace by wire wrapping 6 of them and adding silver chain

fullsizerender-6_4.jpg

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I do like the moonstone. How about one rope with moonstone and one with black spinel, to be worn separately or together?

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! I bookmarked that store. They have some interesting items -- I'd love a California abalone pearl.

Pearlescense suggested tanzanite for your baroques -- that might be a good choice!

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Adorable tin cup, ckrickett :)

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I've bought from them over the years..they are pretty reliable as far as their merchandise .

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
katbran|1423818616|3831775 said:
I've bought from them over the years..they are pretty reliable as far as their merchandise .

I agree, I have bought a lot from them. Mostly gemstone beads, but the few pearl purchases I have made from them have been great.

the only reason I said some of these were "trashy" was because some of the pearls had very noticeable flaws, such as chipped nacre, blemishes and brown marks, and thin nacre. However, the seller listed everything honestly, provided many pictures and the price was extremely fair, (even lower then what I would have thought) so removing the few pearls that won't make it onto the necklace, the amount of beautiful pearls I got for the price makes me very pleased!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Tanzanite, amethyst are off the list, purple washes out the overtones in these guys. Maybe a different strand in the future, tanzanite sounded so pretty! :love: I am going to play around with the moonstone and black spinels, for some reason I just love those.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
ckrickett|1423864405|3832067 said:
Tanzanite, amethyst are off the list, purple washes out the overtones in these guys. Maybe a different strand in the future, tanzanite sounded so pretty! :love: I am going to play around with the moonstone and black spinels, for some reason I just love those.

I like the sound of this. Shame purple doesn't work, one of my favourite colour.

mapo

Shiny_Rock
Have you thought about using apatite? i scrounged up a strand in my beading box and took a pic of apatite next to my vietnamese blue akoya for you.

blue_akoya_apatite.jpg

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I decided to go with black spinel. I have a lot of jewelry in pinks, whites, purples, but very little blacks, so I strung a few samples with the black spinel and I just couldn't imagine these guys with anything else now. I was deciding between having is symmetrical, but I liked the idea of a random number of spinels between each pearl.

fullsizerender_31.jpg
fullsizerender_1_12.jpg
fullsizerender_2_5.jpg

it came to a little over 40 inches, and I found an older clasp I had that was sterling and magnetic with a tent cabochon amethyst.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! I love it. :appl:

ckrickett, you could toss the "bad" pearls into a fish tank for decoration. :think:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
ennui|1423875175|3832174 said:
Gorgeous! I love it. :appl:

ckrickett, you could toss the "bad" pearls into a fish tank for decoration. :think:

if I had a fish tank that would be a incredibly cute idea!

mapo

Shiny_Rock
i like it! the pearls look great with the spinel. :love:

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Bingo! Lovely and striking rope. Looks great.

Glad the black idea worked.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Thanks!!!!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I love it, great job!

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Excellent! Black was a great suggestion. Black does tend to make colours pop. Well done ! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results