carat
color
clarity

#JOTW The Great Trade-off: New WF ACA Studs

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sarahb|1423098124|3827511 said:
Oh my DS--how did you do that? Do I need to compensate by saving the pdf upside down on my macbook before upload it? I'd like to learn how its not too hard to explain via text :) Thank you!!

As for a setting, I need to figure it out, as mentioned, I have a 2ctw pair in baskets, & they don't droop as these do. I'll check out that link you posted--thank you!! Good luck on your search, be patient, you'll find the ones meant to be :)

My laptop is Windows, so I save pictures in My Pictures, and when I post them, they post exactly how I have them saved. In the case of your picture, I had to save it, turn it rightside up, and then save and repost.

What you have is so close to what I want. I'd like H VS2, but there are no H VS2's in the 1.2- 1.3 range. Just one H VS1. So I really have to go to I color VS2 around 1.3 cts if I want them now. If I wait, it could be months before they get in a pair in the size, color, and clarity I want. So it is a tough decision as I really and truly do not desire to upgrade again!

bbziggy

Shiny_Rock
Just saw this thread from Jewel of the Week. So sorry about your hip injury. I hope you heal quickly!
Your diamond studs look so amazing and I'm sure they sparkle like mad!! Enjoy them in good healing health :appl: :love:

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
sarahb|1423098124|3827511 said:
Oh my DS--how did you do that? Do I need to compensate by saving the pdf upside down on my macbook before upload it? I'd like to learn how its not too hard to explain via text :) Thank you!!
quote]

You gotta ask that 19 year old of yours to show you, sarahb!

Hope you are doing well- those studs are amazing on- whew they are really sizeable and beautiful.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
bbziggy--thank you for your compliments & for stopping by :) & the recovery is going very--am amazed each morning how I am able to get around etc etc--we'll get there soon! :wavey:

Apacherose, he is home right now for winter break, will ask him--of course, once the night owl decides to get up... :wink2: thank you!! :appl:

DS, you have always been the voice of reason around here, can you wait until they have exactly what you want?? Is there anything the WF team can do to expedite things? Obviously I know nothing about their supply mechanisms, but just throwing it out there. The perfect pair is out there for you, hang in there :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha...you are throwing some of my own advice back at me, huh? :lol: I am pondering the whole thing. Just hate to wait to do it when prices go up. I may do a small upgrade now and then see how I feel. It's hard for me to know what is really perfect without trying them on!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Bring me up to speed--what size do you have currently & what is your upgrade goal? I can't recall the deets at the moment...

What do you suppose the price swing would be if you waited a few months? We both are at the age where we've learned the lessons of budget: spend it once dear friend! Could a potential price increase be that significant? Of course, the price increase would have to take into account the upgrade etc.

I am throwing it back at you, in a good way!! :sun: I mean your tag line: 'when in doubt, don't'. You take a more conservative approach, we both are that way/birds of a feather :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sarahb|1423671843|3830864 said:
Bring me up to speed--what size do you have currently & what is your upgrade goal? I can't recall the deets at the moment...

What do you suppose the price swing would be if you waited a few months? We both are at the age where we've learned the lessons of budget: spend it once dear friend! Could a potential price increase be that significant? Of course, the price increase would have to take into account the upgrade etc.

I am throwing it back at you, in a good way!! :sun: I mean your tag line: 'when in doubt, don't'. You take a more conservative approach, we both are that way/birds of a feather :)

Oh absolutely, the advice is good! I sincerely would like this to be my final pair! They just got new stones in this week, but nothing in the range I am looking at.

The current stones are .80 and 6mm each, H VS2. Those are my mentally preferred specs. I really do not know the size I want. I have nowhere convenient to try them on locally, not to mention they wouldn't be ideal cut diamonds. I am not sure about I color but there are people here who have gotten gorgeous I pairs. So I just have a lot of uncertainty.

Thankful to hear your recovery is going well!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you DS--it is progressing...bit by bit, each day brings another step forward of progress.

Maybe you can find some costume jewelry with different sizes to go for a test drive--just a thought...I've seen displays with graduated stud sizes, perhaps you can find a local BM who might have something like that. The search is half the fun--keep us posted & good luck :) :wavey:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sarahb|1423678236|3830933 said:
Thank you DS--it is progressing...bit by bit, each day brings another step forward of progress.

Maybe you can find some costume jewelry with different sizes to go for a test drive--just a thought...I've seen displays with graduated stud sizes, perhaps you can find a local BM who might have something like that. The search is half the fun--keep us posted & good luck :) :wavey:

I actually do have a set of sterling sim studs. But they go directly from 6mm to 7mm. I know I don't need higher than 7mm. It's just the differences in 6.5-7mm that I have no idea about. That sounds silly to even say, but as PSers, we know there are differences (and cost differences, too!)! :lol:

Praying that you'll be all healed and back to normal before you know it!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1423678675|3830937 said:
sarahb|1423678236|3830933 said:

I actually do have a set of sterling sim studs. But they go directly from 6mm to 7mm. I know I don't need higher than 7mm. It's just the differences in 6.5-7mm that I have no idea about. That sounds silly to even say, but as PSers, we know there are differences (and cost differences, too!)! :lol:

Praying that you'll be all healed and back to normal before you know it!

Thank you so very much, your thoughts & prayers are deeply appreciated!! Have no doubt, will be whipping around here in no time :) :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results