shape
carat
color
clarity

Antique ish feel?

AntiqueLover

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone! I was just looking for feedback as to if this ring still had an antique/edwardian feel to it even though the sapphires are prong set instead of flush/cut?

looking_down_0.png

jamie_dempsey_1.png

through_finger_0.png

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't comment on its era of inspiration but it sure is beautiful!

AntiqueLover

Shiny_Rock
JoCoJenn|1421796308|3819516 said:
I can't comment on its era of inspiration but it sure is beautiful!
Thank you. I'm just trying to figure out if it'd look odd with seeing the all the prong work against the sapphires in a small space. The inspiration ring was in all diamonds. So, the prongs wouldn't be that noticeable. Does the sight of the prongs, although larger here than would be IRL. . Detract from the ring?

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are two similar pics of sold rings from LAD. The second is mine :naughty:. These both have sapphire accents that are channel set vs prong set. I would think there will be some visual difference. Maybe try and find some other similar rings that have prong set sapphires to see how the look differs in a finished product. I feel like the prongs *might* make it a bit busy, but I guess it will depend on how it's executed when done.

http://www.loveaffairdiamonds.com/sold-1-88ct-old-european-cut-diamond-edwardian-ring-gia-k-si1/

http://www.loveaffairdiamonds.com/sold-vintage-diamond-and-sapphire-mounting/

Your ring has two milgrained channels on each side of the sapphires. Would it be possible for Ilya to make those channels for the sapphires vs prong setting them? I think it might simplify the overall look somewhat and appear more "clean" if that makes sense.

AntiqueLover

Shiny_Rock
Yeah, I know most seem to be done that way, which is why I asked about it possibly looking 'off'. Originally it wasn't a thought because the prongs were already there. But it's white metal on diamonds.. so not as noticeable. Didn't think they'd be very noticed in the finished product, but I was told that it would be unless done french cut. So I'm gonna see if I can get a rendering with French cut so I can compare the looks and decide.

AntiqueLover

Shiny_Rock
I was told to French cut to have them flush needs to be sent over seas and would take months. I had the choice of having them set in a regular channel, but was informed that the gaps btwn the rounds would be bigger n more noticeable then the prongs will be when finished. I told him to move to production as is. So my choice now is to keep the sapphires as is, or go back to all diamonds like the inspiration ring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results