shape
carat
color
clarity

is this cheesy ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

playaz

Rough_Rock
We''re going to a Kool and The Gang concert in the park I was going to proposed if and only if Kool and The Gang Plays "Joanna". Her name is not Joanna but it rhymes. I always carry my digital camera with me, this is what I''m going to do, When they play "Joanna" I will take her picture and ask her view it, she''ll view her picture and I will ask her to scroll forward to the next pic....it will have something writen down digitally on the camera ""...."I Love You"...."You''re The One"...."The One For Me"....."Will You Marry Me" ... "???" .... "Picture of Me holding the ring" and me on my knees with the ring in front of her...what do you think?? Is that cheesy?
31.gif

here''s the rest of "Joanna" lyrics : http://kool-and-the-gang.the-lyrics.com/joanna-044636.html

Cath

Shiny_Rock
I take it you are both Kool and the Gang fans and looking at the lyrics to the song, I think this would be a really sweet proposal! Definitely not too cheesy.
5.gif

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
I love that song!
Very cute idea!

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
SOunds very cute and very personal, don''t think it''s cheesy at all.

bopitaddict

Shiny_Rock
very creative idea, and i don''t think it''s cheesy either...

one thought, if you do take a picture of her on the spot, isn''t that picture in the most forward position? then to scroll forward, your pictures of you with the question would have to be at the beginning of all your pics? or else you have to scroll back? not sure how your camera works, but just a thought. best of luck!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
wait until they play "hollywood swinger"
9.gif

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
i don''t think it is cheesy at all either. very creative and cute
1.gif

playaz

Rough_Rock
as long as they dont play "Jones vs Jones" afterwards
32.gif

i tried loading graphics to the camera but it wouldn''t work..maybe the format is different, but i''m able to take picture off the computer monitor.

boppitaddict, Taking picture of her (the last picture) and move forward will take me to the beginning of the picture..which is where the proposal message starts.

thanks for the support ppl
35.gif

Cath

Shiny_Rock
Since the graphics won''t load straight to the camera, instead of taking pictures of the computer monitor how about making big posterboard signs with each phrase and have someone take pictures of you holding the signs?

ky6

Shiny_Rock
I LOVe the idea of their being pictures with you holding posterboard signs!

playaz

Rough_Rock
hehe very interesting idea with the posterboard....i''m just afraid she''ll end up laughing
9.gif

if i do it i''ll be wearing a suit in the picture but not with a posterboard just close up with 8"x11" paper since the camera display is pretty small. Whoah 2 days away..better be prepared
36.gif

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
Playaz....I love the idea. Completely unexpected (in a creative way) and personal. It just doesn''t get any better than that. I like the idea of you holding the sign. That can then be framed at a later date. You may also want to create a sign that says "Yes" Or "She Said Yes" (or something similar) and have someone take a picture of both of you holding the sign at the concert. Then you can blow up the picture, frame it & use it as your guest book at the reception.

bopitaddict

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/21/2005 11:33:38 AM
Author: playaz
boppitaddict, Taking picture of her (the last picture) and move forward will take me to the beginning of the picture..which is where the proposal message starts.
35.gif
cool... sounds like you''ve got it all ready. good luck with the proposal and remember... breathe. (i proposed a couple of weeks ago and i feel ya.)

playaz

Rough_Rock
30.gif
We''re engaged
30.gif

Thanks for the ideas ppl. I tell you the story and show pictures later
35.gif

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
playaz...Congratulations!!! Glad to hear it worked out for you!! Definitely post pix and details!!
1.gif

Cath

Shiny_Rock
Congrats playaz! Thanks for coming back to update us -- I can''t wait for the details and pics!

playaz

Rough_Rock
ah i''m not a very good story teller..but this is what happened. I lived 3 hrs away from my FW, I flew there on Friday so I''m there without a car. On Saturday I asked my sister to pick me up to get the ring. I lied I told her I was going to take my sister to a travel agency since she''s planning to go abroad. The ring is 14K white gold with 1.4 total carat for the diamonds. The center is .9 princess cut and the side is 2 princess and 2 bagets on each side. I got the ring from Jared''s Jewelry. At around 7pm I managed to talk to her parents to asked permission while she out driving her sister back to her place. Got an OK from the parents. We waited for her for a little bit then off to the concert we go. It was an outdoor concert, the sky was beautiful with full moon brighten up the evening. It was kinda cold though, maybe around 40ish degree. We brought lawn chairs and blanket so we try to keep ourself warm and cozy. Kool and the Gang got on stage probably around 10:30, my sister and I anxiously waiting for "Joanna" while my FW had no clue. Finally they played it, I was their 3rd song. So I started singing to her and changing "Joanna" with her name. She was just smiling and looking at me. I took her picture and asked her to view it..she looked at the digital camera display and pressed the fwd button. There it was...the beginning of the proposal pictures...she didn''t realize until it came to "WILL YOU" and then "MARRY ME". I was on my knees presented her with the opened ring box. She was smiling from ear to ear, gigling and being all happy. My sister kept taking pictures. For some reason the "Joanna" song seemed to finished so fast..I don''t think that song was still playing after I''m done proposing. After the proposal we didn''t care much about the concert..we were just talking...and finally decided to go home.

The next morning, I played my back up cd that had "Joanna" and 2 other songs. I started to sing a long to her... since it''s more intimate..she can listen more to the lyrics and I can see she had teary eyes. We drove at noon to where I live to attend Bridal Expo..how convenient bridal expo on the next day after proposing
9.gif
. After the bridal show we head to my place. She opened the Bedroom door and there it was..the same proposal signs on the bed covered with red rose petals and bouquets of roses on each side of the bed. She said she''s kinda knew it because I kept on saying sorry for not giving her flowers during the proposal. She said a guy like me will not forget those small details
2.gif
but she wasn''t expecting bed covered with rose petals. She had that smile from ear to ear again. I''m very happy that everything went smoothly and very happy that I made her happy. Thanks ppl for your ideas and support.

group.jpg

Cath

Shiny_Rock
Wow, what a great proposal story!

Sounds like you had a lot of things lined up and eveything went smoothly. Love the pictures -- your fiancee looks so happy!
5.gif

Congrats!!
36.gif

Gale

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! What a nice proposal story.

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
How sweet! Congratulations on your proposal and your engagement!

njc

Brilliant_Rock
TOO CUTE!!! Congratulations on a wonderful proposal and a beautiful ring and FI!!!
9.gif

bopitaddict

Shiny_Rock
awesome job!! congratulations!
face23.gif

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!!! Great pictures! Glad to hear your proposal went well
1.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
awww, you did a really great job!!! definitely something you both will always look back upon and smile. so thoughtful and sweet.. congrats and best wishes!
1.gif

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
Congrats! Glad to hear everything worked out well. Sounds like she loved it & it was totally unexpected. Great job with the pictures. Enjoy this sweet time in your life! :)

ky6

Shiny_Rock
I absolutely love your proposal story. So glad everything went so smoothly. The pictures are wonderful. She looks VERY happy :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results