shape
carat
color
clarity

0.7 G SI2 AVR in 14k rose gold solitaire ring

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My baby AVR in a 14k rose gold "Lush Lotus" setting with rope band, by Sally at Heart of Water. Ring size 6.5
Here is the diamond's info: http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/12176/

5.63 x 5.69 x 3.53
0.7 ct, G SI2, faint fluor.

It's 100% eye clean, and the faint fluor is not noticeable at all in real life (I don't know why my camera phone picks it up).
The AVR is super sparkly and white, with pastel flashes, yet picks up colors from its surroundings - so it's really so difficult to photograph accurately. It's so much nicer in person than in the photos and the performance is so much better than the other diamonds I own. :love: :love:

It's actually a reset. I bought it in May when I went to NY on a trip, then had it set by a local jeweler in a platinum solitaire setting. I wasn't too happy with the end result so off the AVR went to Sally for a makeover!

BEFORE:
2014-07-16_14.jpg

AFTER:

outdoorsavr4.jpg outdoorsavr3.jpg outdoorsavr2.jpg outdoorsavr1.jpg eggavr2.jpg avr3_0.jpg avr1_5.jpg avr2_1.jpg

SeeingSunshine

Rough_Rock
It turned out beautifully, I just love that rope band. All of your pieces from HoW hve been inspirational. I can't wait to get my own AVR and start building up my CS collection!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I love love love it.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous. :love: Love the way the rope setting makes the AVR pop. :appl:
Amazing reset mochiko. Enjoy in health and happiness!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like the head on it! I think the thinner band makes your stone look a lot bigger too!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! I would totally get a couple plain rose gold rope bands to wear on either side :devil: She does beautiful work.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Rose gold looks beautiful on your skin!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous piece! The diamond looks so much bigger too.
The warm gold, the rope band, the refined cup and the beautiful avr make such a stunning combination :love:

Ittybittykittykat

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful! :)) Love the rose gold and the pretty basket.

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Your stone looks absolutely perfect in this beautiful rose gold setting!

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!

:dance: :dance: :dance:

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The rose gold really makes your diamond pop! Beautiful!

daintyG

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, wow! Your new setting is amazing! It makes the stone look bigger, too! :appl:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One more photo which I hope shows the faceting better:
2014-10-30_15.jpg

Thanks so much for the kind words, SeeingSunshine, Niel, missy, tyty333, part gypsy, AprilBaby, Acinom, Ittybittykittykat, Crystal24k, kathley, and daintyG!! :love: :love: The thin rope band and the lush lotus head (with its swirls) look delicate yet are very sturdy in real life. It's very comfortable to wear. I'm glad to see that rose gold is enjoying a resurgence in popularity - it's such a flattering color for many skin tones and has that delicate, feminine, vintage feel about it. :appl:

SeeingSunshine, glad to see you on PS! I'm relatively a newbie to gems and jewelry, and have found PS to be a very informative and helpful resource. The folks here are also very friendly and have awesome taste in bling. It's nice for me because I can get my gems and jewelry fix here and not have to bore my DH who is not that interested in bling :rolleyes: :twirl:

The faceting on the AVR is just gorgeous - I can't stop staring at it. diamondseeker2006 gave me some advice a while ago on another thread: that you can see the faceting better on bigger AVRs, so maybe I will save up and upgrade later on when I'm older and wiser (and richer :naughty: :naughty: ). However, for now, I'm very much enamored of this cute sparkly rock. The performance on it is awesome - even with my fat fingers, the AVR still has a large presence.

I'm so glad that I made the trip out to GOG in Long Island to buy the AVR.. The funny thing is that I hadn't been planning to buy a vintage-cut back in May when I had a work trip to NY... I was thinking of a fancy yellow, but DBL are closed on weekends, and I had meetings during the week and my only free time was over the weekend. GOG happened to be open on Saturdays, and I had free time to take the train out to Long Island, so that's how I ended up with an AVR instead of a FCD cushion. David was super helpful and knowledgeable, and the transaction was very smooth. He even showed me a bunch of AVCs because I was curious to see them in person! Visiting GOG was totally worth a 8,000 mile flight :razz: :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My goodness, what a gorgeous setting for a gorgeous diamond! :love: :appl: This is a great example of how much difference the right setting makes!!!

Holy crum that is just drop dead gorgeous! Golly! :cheeky:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring!..love the RG setting... :appl:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful setting! It's perfect for the AVR. The twist on the rope band is so perfect as well.

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning! Mochiko I just love it! The last photo showing the faceting is swoon-worthy. Completely. Yummy, all the profiles and fluidity of the twist are lovely. Wear it in good health!

Vampira

Rough_Rock
It's so hard to find a good, substantial twist/rope band, and yours is just PERFECT! Looks so elegant! :love:

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:drool:
Love.

That's all :)

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! Beautiful diamond and the rose gold looks fab on you! :love: :appl:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks great - the Rose gold suits the stone and your skin tone as well, Congrats!!!

VirginiaZee

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful stone, beautiful ring - the rose gold pairs really well with your diamond!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, DS, ashleysmardigrasgirl, DF, pandabee, apacherose, Vampira, telephone89, junebug, arkieb and VirginiaZee! Everyone on PS has such beautiful gems! Thanks for your kind words about my ring. It's the first diamond that I've bought for myself, so it has special meaning for me. I worked like crazy this year so it feels good to spend some of my hard-earned money on a little treat! :appl:

Vampira, a special thank you for commenting.. I have long admired your dainty emerald cut ring and think you must have fabulous taste, so I'm so glad you liked the small details in my ring, like the twist band. It's the little things that count. :)

DF, I am super excited to see your Octavia in the tension setting once it's done! It's been fascinating and educative to follow the journey beginning with the rough cut by Yoram.

cjchumphries

Shiny_Rock
I just wanted to pop by and say how fabulous your new ring is! I LOVE the rose gold and it looks beautiful on you. And wow does it ever look amazing with that vintage style stone! I think you picked the perfect setting and I hope you thoroughly enjoy wearing it ever day! Congrats on your special gift to yourself!! :bigsmile:

cj

lanakane

Rough_Rock
Love, love, love that rope band! And the rose gold looks beautiful on your skin tone, too!

puppyguts

Shiny_Rock
sorry, reset by Sally? is that heart of water on ETSY?

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
cjchumphries said:
I just wanted to pop by and say how fabulous your new ring is! I LOVE the rose gold and it looks beautiful on you. And wow does it ever look amazing with that vintage style stone! I think you picked the perfect setting and I hope you thoroughly enjoy wearing it ever day! Congrats on your special gift to yourself!! :bigsmile:

cj

Thanks cj for stopping by :) So glad to hear from fans of rose gold; I think it's definitely due for a revival in popularity!

lanakane said:
Love, love, love that rope band! And the rose gold looks beautiful on your skin tone, too!
Thanks lana! The twist on the rope band is just right for me. Not too loose, not too tight. :) Rose gold is definitely good for those with warmer skin tones :appl:

puppyguts|1415171333|3777797 said:
sorry, reset by Sally? is that heart of water on ETSY?
Hi puppyguts. Yes, it's Heart of Water on Etsy (https://www.etsy.com/shop/HeartofWaterJewels), or you can also reach Sally via email on her off-Etsy store Nam Chai Jewels (http://namchaijewels.com/) Nam Chai means "Heart of Water" in Thai. I usually correspond with Sally via email rather than Etsy because I prefer to purchase privately instead of through Etsy listings, but either way works fine. :))

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
greatly improved: your diamond POPS now!

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
I love your new ring, so pretty. :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results