shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

tmot14

Shiny_Rock
SMC|1414434513|3773425 said:
I'm thinking of paying out of pocket for one of those "4D" ultrasounds. Has anyone ever got one done? Is it worth the $200+?
I had two done during my pregnancy--I just couldn't wait to see her! I always thought the ultrasound pics from 4D scans looked weird and alien-like, but it's totally different when it's your own little one. During the scan, my daughter yawned and covered her mouth and I couldn't stop crying happy tears. I think I only paid $85.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I survived the three hour glucose test. I think my expectations were such that it wasn't bad as I thought it would be. The lab had a little bed type thing (more like a padded table) where I hung out. I tried to nap but that stuff gives me such awful heartburn, so laying down was not ideal. The baby really got a jolt from the drink- it's the sweetest thing I've ever tested in my life. It's so sugar that it's a bit gritty. Ick. Baby seems to have had sugar overload and has been relatively quiet the rest of the day.

I haven't posted a pic lately- here is me at 25 weeks with B, and again just a few minutes ago. What's interesting is how far my belly is sticking out from my boobs this time- and my boobs are much bigger this round.

25_week_comparison.jpg

SMC

Ideal_Rock
amc80|1414531088|3774050 said:
I survived the three hour glucose test. I think my expectations were such that it wasn't bad as I thought it would be. The lab had a little bed type thing (more like a padded table) where I hung out. I tried to nap but that stuff gives me such awful heartburn, so laying down was not ideal. The baby really got a jolt from the drink- it's the sweetest thing I've ever tested in my life. It's so sugar that it's a bit gritty. Ick. Baby seems to have had sugar overload and has been relatively quiet the rest of the day.

I haven't posted a pic lately- here is me at 25 weeks with B, and again just a few minutes ago. What's interesting is how far my belly is sticking out from my boobs this time- and my boobs are much bigger this round.
Fingers crossed you'll pass!

How does your OB think that you are measuring? My friend is measuring large enough at 28 weeks for her OB to offer to induce her early if she continues at her current growth rate.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
SMC|1414533978|3774079 said:
amc80|1414531088|3774050 said:

Fingers crossed you'll pass!

How does your OB think that you are measuring? My friend is measuring large enough at 28 weeks for her OB to offer to induce her early if she continues at her current growth rate.

I'm measuring 2-3 weeks ahead. I will have a growth scan at 32 weeks. My OB is assuming this will be another big baby, likely bigger than B was. But since I'm having a c-s anyway it isn't really that big of a deal. B was measuring about 4 weeks ahead (I think his head was 5 weeks) at my 36 week growth scan.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
amc80|1414534518|3774086 said:
I'm measuring 2-3 weeks ahead. I will have a growth scan at 32 weeks. My OB is assuming this will be another big baby, likely bigger than B was. But since I'm having a c-s anyway it isn't really that big of a deal. B was measuring about 4 weeks ahead (I think his head was 5 weeks) at my 36 week growth scan.
Are growth scans a normal part of prenatal care? I don't think that my OB does them routinely either. I'm pretty sure my 20w u/s was my last one unless the OB can't determine baby's position closer to birth.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
SMC|1414537183|3774111 said:
Are growth scans a normal part of prenatal care? I don't think that my OB does them routinely either. I'm pretty sure my 20w u/s was my last one unless the OB can't determine baby's position closer to birth.

Nope, only if they are needed. With B, I got two or three of them because I was measuring big, so they wanted to see if it was me or baby. Because B was big, they are doing them again this time.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SMC|1414537183|3774111 said:

They are giving me a growth scan as well, mostly because ive been flipping out at my OB about his size. If my first was a girl and 9.5lbs, in my head my second being a boy is going to be at least 10 lbs :lol: .... And then she said I'm more likely to go past my due date sense I did with M, and I am holding strong that I will NOT get induced, based off prior experience. So, maybe because M was big, maybe because I'm freaking out about size, maybe a bit of both, they plan to give me one. But I have been getting growth UTs for months now so I don't know. I'm just the one with the bun in the oven, I'm not in charge.

shihtzulover

Brilliant_Rock
AMC, fingers crossed that you passed your 3-hour! When do you get your results?

SMC, like yours, the last ultrasound my OB typically does is the anatomy ultrasound, unless a concern comes up. They also do the elective 3D ultrasounds for $100 though, which they say is best between 28-32 weeks - that way, you can see lots of detail, but baby isn't so big that it's extremely difficult to do.

AFM - 31 weeks tomorrow. I actually have my elective ultrasound scheduled for this afternoon, and we're bringing my mom along. I'm so excited to see what she looks like, but I also hope she cooperates because I'd like to confirm that she's really a girl. I had such a hard time believing it at my anatomy ultrasound because I've always really wanted a little girl, but just really had a strong feeling my whole life that I'd have a boy.

I look huge and everyone points it out all the time, but I'm supposedly measuring right on track. I'm only 5'0", so it makes sense that I just have less room to work with. I asked at my last appointment what will happen now that she's almost measuring up to my chest already, and was told that she'll just start growing out more. I didn't think that was possible! :)

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Well, it looks like I passed! My results are...borderline...but the nurse said it was normal. I'd still like to talk to my doctor about it, though. My main concern is that my level only went down by one point between hour 1 and 2 (and the hour 2 result was pretty far over the acceptable range).

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Well. That's great you passed though, AMC!! Here's hoping your doc doesn't have you repeat it in a few weeks....sometimes we do that for patients who have borderline results.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Dani|1414615870|3774621 said:
Well. That's great you passed though, AMC!! Here's hoping your doc doesn't have you repeat it in a few weeks....sometimes we do that for patients who have borderline results.

Ugh, I hope not! Here are my results:

Fasting - 80 (65-94)
1 Hour - 177 (64-179)
2 Hour - 176 (65-154)
3 Hour - 108 (65-139)

So I only failed my 2 hour draw, but I'm concerned that it only went down one point from my 1 hour draw...and my 1 hour draw was so close to being high.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
amc80|1414614603|3774614 said:
Well, it looks like I passed! My results are...borderline...but the nurse said it was normal. I'd still like to talk to my doctor about it, though. My main concern is that my level only went down by one point between hour 1 and 2 (and the hour 2 result was pretty far over the acceptable range).
My friend passed her 3 hour too - she only had 1 out of 4 blood draws in the abnormal range and I think you need 2 out of 4 to pass. Her doctor told her that "desserts are ok in moderation" so she has to watch what she eats, but doesn't need to test her blood sugar after each meal or anything like that. Hope you're in the clear too! I agree, talk to your dr and see what she says. Congrats on passing!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
amc80|1414614603|3774614 said:

Well that good! Hopefully you dont have to do this again.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Glad you passed, AMC!

I am feeling huge all of a sudden--don't know if the baby shifted or what but I feel like the bump is out in full force.

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
MIA WHERE ARE YOU???

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Did everyone have a good Halloween? Let's see costumes!

I went as a garden gnome and went to hear a friend's band play--baby's first rock show!

imageuploadedbytapatalk1414867423.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ladypirate|1414867492|3776059 said:
Did everyone have a good Halloween? Let's see costumes!

I went as a garden gnome and went to hear a friend's band play--baby's first rock show!

My party is tonight, I think you'll like the costume though.

Yours is great!

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
We didn't make it out - the weather was terrible, Luca was getting over croup and it was raining cats and dogs. PLUS he lost his sh*t everytime we tried to get his costume on him.

Stayed in and had pizza!

In other news, just got the results of the NIPT (non invasive prenatal test) and everything came back NORMAL (phew!). AND...it's a GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!

So team pink for me this time around :) I couldn't be happier. We did a bit of a sway for a girl and I'm so happy it worked!!!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MD how exciting you got the gender you wanted. ::)

Here's my costume. I'm utilizing some Photoshop skills as I couldnt get a good photo lol.

uploadfromtaptalk1415033003848.jpg

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
MD, congrats on team pink!

Niel, your costume is AWESOME! Love it.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
pancake|1414645278|3774839 said:
MIA WHERE ARE YOU???
Lol pancake! Her little one is here, I'll bug her to come update you guys.

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
Jeesh - I am SO fickle!

I have literally prayed for a girl this time around. Swayed. Had lots of...um...'unsatisfying' BD with hubby (part of the sway). Was absolutely over the moon when I found out it was a girl and within one hour, was stressing about whether I'm part of the 1% error rate (for girls it is 99% accurate).

And even worse....today I've been almost sad about the thought that my DS won't have a brother! WTF MuffDog?!

hahahaha I'm going to blame it on the hormones.

I even went to Baby Gap yesterday to buy a little something pink, and was immediately drawn to the boys section and came home empty handed. haha.

And...that is all :)

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm having a major melt down about baby names.

I love my daughter's name. I wouldn't change a thing. I think its perfection. I can't manage to feel the same way about this baby. I have "Meh its OK" or "I guess that works" and I'm all emotional about it. I want to looove it. Not like it OK. :(

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
Niel|1415119705|3777380 said:

I love my daughter's name. I wouldn't change a thing. I think its perfection. I can't manage to feel the same way about this baby. I have "Meh its OK" or "I guess that works" and I'm all emotional about it. I want to looove it. Not like it OK. :(

Niel - do you know what you are having?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MuffDog|1415126566|3777433 said:

Yes its a boy. I'm still not over my gender disappointment

SMC

Ideal_Rock

Sorry about that. Can you just take a step back, relax, and wait til he comes before naming him? Or are you ordering monogrammed onesies now? Maybe you'll be inspired when you see him because he "looks like" a particular name.

Maybe it's fun to decide ahead, but if it's causing you stress, then it's not worth it. Happy mom = happy baby!

Our 5 year old niece sent us an emoticon-heavy text saying that she didn't like our name choice (Riley) because it sounds like a boy's name. It was super cute, but we're sticking with the name - at least until we meet her!

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
Niel|1415127423|3777446 said:

Well I imagine that makes picking a name more difficult. I don't' know if I mentioned before but I also had GD with my son and it did make picking a name tough. Plus I also find boys names are not as 'swoon-worthy' as girls names, generally.

We ended up with three names in the delivery room and it still took a few days to land on one. I didn't LOVE it prior to L being born, but now it is okay :)

If you want to discuss names we can help!!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MuffDog|1415137330|3777507 said:
Niel|1415127423|3777446 said:

Well I imagine that makes picking a name more difficult. I don't' know if I mentioned before but I also had GD with my son and it did make picking a name tough. Plus I also find boys names are not as 'swoon-worthy' as girls names, generally.

We ended up with three names in the delivery room and it still took a few days to land on one. I didn't LOVE it prior to L being born, but now it is okay :)

If you want to discuss names we can help!!
Yeah I think boy names kinda suck. I'd discuss it but ive been discussing it a lot, I feel like a broken record.

I keep hoping there's some magic name I haven't stumbled on yet. But I really don't thinkcthat will happen.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SMC|1415133682|3777484 said:

Sorry about that. Can you just take a step back, relax, and wait til he comes before naming him? Or are you ordering monogrammed onesies now? Maybe you'll be inspired when you see him because he "looks like" a particular name.

Maybe it's fun to decide ahead, but if it's causing you stress, then it's not worth it. Happy mom = happy baby!

Our 5 year old niece sent us an emoticon-heavy text saying that she didn't like our name choice (Riley) because it sounds like a boy's name. It was super cute, but we're sticking with the name - at least until we meet her!

Its not so much about monograms as it is feeling an emtional connection to a person rather than a fetus.

I know based on previous experience that I get more connected with a name. And sense I have such GD, I really feel like it would help me feel more connected.

Plus my husband and I find the "see what he looks like " thing a bit silly.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Niel|1415138158|3777512 said:
SMC|1415133682|3777484 said:

Its not so much about monograms as it is feeling an emtional connection to a person rather than a fetus.

I know based on previous experience that I get more connected with a name. And sense I have such GD, I really feel like it would help me feel more connected.

Plus my husband and I find the "see what he looks like " thing a bit silly.
I wouldn't call it "silly". Maybe it doesn't work for you, but it has worked for lots of other people and I wouldn't call them silly.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results