shape
carat
color
clarity

Who to accurately measure stones?

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
A vendor that I recently worked with states that their stones are .15 each for my project. However, their stones are visually smaller than another vendor where I have .15 stones, which is obvious despite the setting.

I'm not saying that the first vendor tried to pull a fast one on me, but who can I have to measure the diameter of both? This first vendor is recommended here on PS, so I would expect the quality to be pretty standard with all the other vendors here.

Ultimately, I feel like I paid for 1.5cttw Huggies but look like they are 1cttw instead, which I had previously.

I will be pulling my listing for sale tomorrow.

I know this is confusing but ultimately I am at a loss as what to do. I keep getting excuses and communication is poor. They keep saying it's because of the move, but it's been weeks.

The earrings I have now are an upgrade from something else, yet the stone size doesn't match the size of my other vendor that should be the same diameter.

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
I want to know if getting an appraiser would be worth getting to measure everything?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's possible all the stones weigh 0.15 carat (within whatever tolerance they use, may one point ... you can ask) but some are just deeper than others.

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Yes I understand that, but in such small stones, the difference between .10 and .15 is obvious. I guess I made a mistake going with a different vendor this time. I assumed that the diameters would be the same.

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Live and learn I guess. Either way, I'm not thrilled with communication. Sigh.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Go to an appraiser.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Orbaya, can you return the earrings since you are not happy with them? I'm sorry they are not what you hoped for and I hope you can work this out with the vendor.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Fifteen pointers should be 3.4mm, give or take (ten pointers would be 3mm). Do you have a gauge/micrometer? Even a really good ruler could give you an idea, if you have steady hands. An appraiser will definitely have all the necessary tools - one way or another, check the measurements and give yourself peace of mind.

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
missy|1413287073|3766830 said:
Orbaya, can you return the earrings since you are not happy with them? I'm sorry they are not what you hoped for and I hope you can work this out with the vendor.

Unfortunately not, as they were an upgrade.

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Circe|1413288112|3766832 said:
Fifteen pointers should be 3.4mm, give or take (ten pointers would be 3mm). Do you have a gauge/micrometer? Even a really good ruler could give you an idea, if you have steady hands. An appraiser will definitely have all the necessary tools - one way or another, check the measurements and give yourself peace of mind.

I have a ruler, but not gauge - I'll check with hubby to see if he has one floating around somewhere.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope when you figure it out you report back to us. You might contact the vendor and see if they have an explanation.
If its the 2 vendors that I think, I would certainly be interested in knowing whats going on.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In the future when trying to match diamond sizes, communicate in terms of diameter (mm), not carat weight. Good luck. :)

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
msop04|1413291382|3766840 said:
In the future when trying to match diamond sizes, communicate in terms of diameter (mm), not carat weight. Good luck. :)

I think she has 2 different sizes of earrings (tcw) but they actually look the same instead of the one looking bigger like it should.
(I think that's what's going on)?

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Without going into details right now, wish I had made a few different decisions during my purchase. Live and learn......

I will be going for stone measurements this week....perhaps my eyes are playing tricks on me, and if they are not, I will do a public apology.

So frustrating.

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
tyty333|1413292677|3766847 said:
msop04|1413291382|3766840 said:

I think she has 2 different sizes of earrings (tcw) but they actually look the same instead of the one looking bigger like it should.
(I think that's what's going on)?

I actually currently have huggies that my most recent vendor states are .15ct/each....the carat weight is supposed to total 1.5ct. I have a necklace with .15ct/stones from another PS vendor. The earrings and necklace stones are NOT the same size.... It is obvious, despite the setttings. Like I said in a prevoius post, I will publicly apologize if I am wrong.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
orbaya|1413253034|3766746 said:
A
Ultimately, I feel like I paid for 1.5cttw Huggies but look like they are 1cttw instead, which I had previously.
maybe the vendor shipped you the wrong size by mistake?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results