shape
carat
color
clarity

TOO MUCH? Diamond studs for 1yr anni. w/ girlfriend

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
My now husband gifted me with diamond studs for our first Christmas together-which was about 3-4 months after we started dating. We got engaged a year later and eloped two months after that. I was blown away by the gift but I didn't feel any sort of obligation after it or develop any expectations from it. I think 1 year is totally reasonable. Of course every relationship is different, but many relationships are entering "serious" territory by then if they're not already there. Go with your gut, you know her better than we do.

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I agree that diamond studs are a wonderful gift, and a 1 year anniversary is an occasion to celebrate. However, unless you would be ok with having spent $1k on this gift even if you break up, I wouldn't do it. I'm not suggesting that you are going to break up - you sound very happy and secure in your relationship, but with graduation from school comes life changes. Those life changes may make you guys stronger, or you may find that you drift apart/are not well suited for each other anymore.

Example: I was perfectly happy in a relationship at the 1 year mark while I was working and in school. But, as graduation approached a year later, I realized that even though no one had done anything wrong, the lifestyle and priorities that I would have after graduation would change such that our relationship would not make either me or him happy. He was planning to propose the weekend of graduation over a trip, and we broke up just beforehand. It was for the very, very best.

Again, I'm not suggesting that the two of you are absolutely perfect for each other, but things may change, so if you pull the trigger on the studs, please be sure that you wouldn't regret it later if things change.

Wonderful non-diamond gifts that I would suggest: a watch (you can find gorgeous ones for $250 or less), or for jewelry, check out Na Hoku (http://www.nahoku.com/jewelry-type.html) - they have beautiful pieces and, again, the prices are more reasonable. With either, I'm sure she would be over the moon.

If you still go with studs - then awesome! But, you can do something equally as nice, a little more wallet-friendly, and I would bet that she would be equally as happy - plus, it'll make it easier for you to top yourself for future anniversaries :)

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1412732841|3764025 said:
The studs are a fabulous idea! You have a job. I am going to give you credit for knowing what you can afford. So I think .60ctw studs is a fabulous gift for someone you are in love with. I have never felt any obligation to spend an equivalent amount on my husband's gifts. I think it is a sweet gift that will show her tangibly that she is really important to you!

I have one hesitation, though. The earrings need to be in a box that is not shaped like a ring box. Because if she sees something that looks like a ring box, it is going to cause all kinds of emotions and then she will open it and see earrings. So it needs to be a bigger box than a ring box.

this. nailed it!

Pandabear90

Rough_Rock
endless_summer|1412783260|3764305 said:
I agree that diamond studs are a wonderful gift, and a 1 year anniversary is an occasion to celebrate. However, unless you would be ok with having spent $1k on this gift even if you break up, I wouldn't do it. I'm not suggesting that you are going to break up - you sound very happy and secure in your relationship, but with graduation from school comes life changes. Those life changes may make you guys stronger, or you may find that you drift apart/are not well suited for each other anymore.

Example: I was perfectly happy in a relationship at the 1 year mark while I was working and in school. But, as graduation approached a year later, I realized that even though no one had done anything wrong, the lifestyle and priorities that I would have after graduation would change such that our relationship would not make either me or him happy. He was planning to propose the weekend of graduation over a trip, and we broke up just beforehand. It was for the very, very best.

Again, I'm not suggesting that the two of you are absolutely perfect for each other, but things may change, so if you pull the trigger on the studs, please be sure that you wouldn't regret it later if things change.

Wonderful non-diamond gifts that I would suggest: a watch (you can find gorgeous ones for $250 or less), or for jewelry, check out Na Hoku (http://www.nahoku.com/jewelry-type.html) - they have beautiful pieces and, again, the prices are more reasonable. With either, I'm sure she would be over the moon.

If you still go with studs - then awesome! But, you can do something equally as nice, a little more wallet-friendly, and I would bet that she would be equally as happy - plus, it'll make it easier for you to top yourself for future anniversaries :)

Yea, I totally understand what you're saying. Its a hard world out there finding someone worth being with for the long run...I've been through it all, and I'm sure you guys have more experience then me. Also I know she not materialistic, which makes me want to spend that extra money and get her nice studs.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
The studs are a fabulous idea! You have a job. I am going to give you credit for knowing what you can afford. So I think .60ctw studs is a fabulous gift for someone you are in love with. I have never felt any obligation to spend an equivalent amount on my husband's gifts. I think it is a sweet gift that will show her tangibly that she is really important to you!

I have one hesitation, though. The earrings need to be in a box that is not shaped like a ring box. Because if she sees something that looks like a ring box, it is going to cause all kinds of emotions and then she will open it and see earrings. So it needs to be a bigger box than a ring box.
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Pandabear90|1412774324|3764235 said:
diamondseeker2006|1412774135|3764232 said:
I am still looking but these came to mind. These are usually ex cut diamonds and a good buy for .50ctw already set at $868 in white gold. This might be a really good option and a little less expensive.

http://www.whiteflash.com/diamond-earrings/3-prong-martini-diamond-earrings-1343.htm

If you do order, always tell them that you are a pricescope member.

I want .60tcw and a good HCA score, not preset, if I'm going to spend 800 might as well spend a few hundred more to get one that SHINES ;-)

Pandabear on this I will coment Diamondseeker is the queen when it comes to studs et al. She has spent many hours selecting her own studs and helping others with theirs and their ER....Any recommendatiobn she has I would run with. Forgive me if I'm wrong but I vbelieve diamondseeker loves White Flash and their studs. Please chime in DS is you have anything to add. You can also call WF and see what they have in house since you want .60.... only a phone calll away

Pandabear90

Rough_Rock
Thank You, heidi

Diamondseeker, I was actually mistaken the set I was looking at is actually still avaliable the rep I spoke to put it on hold for me for 48 hours lol.

Now, how much does table percentage affect it, since one is 56 and the other is 58? Is that bad? (I'm still awaiting images)

.60tcw G SI1

Cut: Ideal
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Flourence: None

Diamond 1
Table: 58
Depth: 61.5
Crown: 35
Pav: 40.8
HCA: 1.7 Fire, Scintillation - Excellent -----------Light Return, Spread - Very Good

Diamond 2
Table: 56
Depth: 61.9
Crown: 35.5
Pav: 40.6
HCA:1.3 Light Return, Fire, Scintillation - Excellent -----------Spread - Very Good

I spoke to a Ritani Rep online to clarify some stuff:

2% of Table difference is not the diameter of the actual face of the diamond...she said those measurements are very minor, because my whole thought of this was me looking at the 2 studs and one being bigger then the other but thats just my eyes seeing 2 different numbers thats why...which that would be under measurements 4.31 x 4.33 and 4.27 and 4.30...but even then she said that is talking about 1/100th of a mm in difference meaning you can't even see that under a microscope let alone the naked eye.
As long as you have excellent cut, polish and symmetry.

These are the best set in my price range I found all the other sets are above a 2.0 in the HCA at Ritani...I know I've looked at WF, but Idk how I feel about the presets and the diamond pairs they offer are out of my price range.

So what do you guys think? Should I pull the trigger? :appl: Also, they have a promotion where they are right now they aren't charging tax :dance:

Pandabear90

Rough_Rock
It also has "cloudy" on both diamonds and "feather" on one is that bad?

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I do not have too much time now but I think SI1 are fine for studs. I also think as others have suggested that WF has nice studs too. I can look at the options and respond more to your thread later OP.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
heididdl|1412791546|3764372 said:

EXACTLY THIS!!

When you know, you know.

Pandabear90

Rough_Rock
LLJsmom|1412837185|3764727 said:
heididdl|1412791546|3764372 said:

EXACTLY THIS!!

When you know, you know.

Thanks guys, but I need Diamondseeker's help or anyone with my last comment, about the diamonds themselves, I want to know if "cloudy,feather" description will make this set of diamonds not eye clean... =S

dawnxcui

Shiny_Rock
Pandabear90|1412849811|3764756 said:
Thanks guys, but I need Diamondseeker's help or anyone with my last comment, about the diamonds themselves, I want to know if "cloudy,feather" description will make this set of diamonds not eye clean... =S
maybe try starting a new thread or change the topic of this thread. the title is a little misleading if you're now looking for opinions on a particular pair of diamonds. some people might not visit this thread because of that.

flippingdiamonds

Rough_Rock
If you at that point in your relationship, you can do a promise ring.

Pandabear90

Rough_Rock
Nvm guys, I went with white flash

.311 I VS2 ACA
.315 I SI1 Expert Selection

Might as well spend the extra lol oppose to the 1200 at ritani and get something that I wont like, thanks everyone.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results