shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposal in Cape Town

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

oshilig

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

I''m just wondering if anyone has any great ideas on a South African proposal. My girlfriend soon to be fiancee is a very down to earth sort of person. She''s done Peace Corps twice, and we still live in Africa, so fancy and traditional isn''t really our bag. What I''m looking for is something clever and yet romantic in a non-materialistic sort of way. One option I''m thinking is a simple picnic at the botanical gardens at the foot of table mountain, but I''m open to any ideas!

Thanks!

Shay

Shiny_Rock
Hy Oshilig. I am from South Africa and CT is beautiful, congratulations.

The Kirstenbosh gardens are stunning and a picnic is a lovely idea.

You could also take her for a walk on the beach by Lungdudno and write the proposal to her in the sand. There are many stunning beaches in CT. Or you could just bend over on the beach pretending to pick up a shell and say "ooh look what I found", and then drop to one knee with the ring in your hand.

Or you could take her to Stellenbosh, there are many vineyards on the hills around there and the views are magnificent.

best of luck, keep us updated!
36.gif

Gale

Shiny_Rock
Long ago I had the good fortune to spend three weeks in Cape Town on business. I agree with Shay that Stellenbosch would be a great place to propose. The scenery is stunning, and the wine delicious. There are many wineries to choose from, but it''s been so long ago I cannot remember a specific one to make a recommendation. The beaches are wonderful too, and very accessible. Perhaps the Cape of Good Hope might be a good spot as well, sa it''s not very far from CT.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results