shape
carat
color
clarity

Reset ideas for 1 ct round diamond?

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone,

I need some help. I have been wearing my wedding set for 4 years now, and I would like to do a reset. I have my diamond set in Brain Gavin's Grace setting, and my wedding band is a 2 mm Leon bright cut full circle band. There are a few issues. The first is that I would like a little more finger coverage and sparkle on my hand. The second is that the wedding band is destroying the prongs on my e-ring.

I looked into upgrading my stone, but would only like to do that if there are no other options. I have come to the conclusion that I like my stone it is just the setting I am not happy with. I was ideally looking for a setting that could double as an e-ring and wedding band. I am not a huge fan of the 2 ring look (for myself), but I would also consider an e-ring, and very thin wedding band.

I was looking at a split shank halo from Victor Canera (the Anne Marie - I could not find a pic with a round, but here is an emerald http://www.victorcanera.com/jewelry...-anne-marie-split-shank-halo-with-emerald-cut), and they were very nice, and gave me a quote quickly. However, they were also very honest in saying that the Emelya would be better suited for my stone due to its size. The issue I have with that is that my pink spinal (in my avatar) has almost an identical setting. I also feel like that would be a ring that would probably me mistaken as an e-ring without a wedding band.

So here are my options -
1) Reset into a split shank halo, and risk the ring swallowing the stone
2) Reset into a halo with a single shank
3) Find a different setting all together - I really like settings were the shank is a little graduated. Right now, I feel like the transition from my shank to stone is to abrupt if that makes since.
4) Upgrade the stone, set it into a plain setting for now, and reset later

Any opinions. I am a horrible ring designer, so any help I could get I would appreciate. Here are a couple pictures of my current setting (showing off other colored stones from a past post). EmCabhand2.png hawaiiringbig.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I personally think the Anne Marie would be beautiful. I can't imagine why it wouldn't suit a one carat; that is a nice sized stone! I am not a fan of wearing two rings together either, and I think the Anne Marie would be very sophisticated and have a lot of presence on its own.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
I recently got an Emilya for a stone that's not too much bigger than yours (1.35). I've been wearing it solo while I try to figure out what to do about a band. The only person who asked if I was engaged worked in a jewelry store. It does look very engagement-y, but I seem to like the look of it alone.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Laila619|1409854062|3744812 said:
I personally think the Anne Marie would be beautiful. I can't imagine why it wouldn't suit a one carat; that is a nice sized stone! I am not a fan of wearing two rings together either, and I think the Anne Marie would be very sophisticated and have a lot of presence on its own.

Thanks, that is what I thought too. I figured as long as it was a small split shank, like the Ann Marie, it would work. but I can't find any pictures online that really give me an idea what it will look like. IRL, I saw a woman with a very thin bright cut split shank double halo with a 1/2 caret stone, and it was really elegant, but I think a double halo would be a bit much.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Logan Sapphire|1409855232|3744825 said:
I recently got an Emilya for a stone that's not too much bigger than yours (1.35). I've been wearing it solo while I try to figure out what to do about a band. The only person who asked if I was engaged worked in a jewelry store. It does look very engagement-y, but I seem to like the look of it alone.

I have seen pics of your ring, it is beautiful! I have a slightly larger finger size than you (I am between a 5.5 and a 6). It is nice to know not too many people are asking if you are engaged. I had a ton of people ask me about my wedding date when I wore my e-ring alone, but it is probably the most standard e-ring you can get.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results