shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion''s of these photo''s please?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Were the images "flipped" from row one to row two????

clammer

Shiny_Rock
I''m still learning what makes a pretty diamond picture, but I like 3. In row 2 and 3 it is almost as if my eye can''t decide what to look at. The colors are competing for my eyes attention. not sure if that makes sense.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2005 9:19:17 PM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)
Thanks, keep them coming folks.
We are making a tally.

Are the images too flat? to ''computer generated''?
I have to say I did wonder about that...they looked a little fake to me but I am not a diamond expert by any means. I liked the top row becuase they had less yellow, which to me means a better stone and worth more. I also liked #1 beucase it seemed crisper somehow. Good Luck!

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/19/2005 12:13:34 AM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)

Date: 4/18/2005 9:52:58 PM
Author: Maxine
Were the images ''flipped'' from row one to row two????
Maxine there are NO Tricks.

The photo''s were taken at successively greater distances - thats all.
Garry, I wasn''t suggesting it was a trick...but the darkish spot between 12 and 1 o''clock looks like its in a different position(on the bottom) in row two.....what does the IS image look like?????

lost on 5th

Shiny_Rock
garry-

looking at color and visual depth alone.... i think 4 and 5 show the best. they show enough contrast in color to give interest and charactor to the stone. i think the ends (1 and 9) simply show too much of a good thing.

1. is very bright white and makes the cut very visable (probably a draw to people here who start to read the stone) but looks flat for the same reason.

9. shows a LOT of life and color and depth, but makes it hard to appreciate the shape..

4/5. show the cut and subtle contrast to give dpeth to the image. i think it makes it more eye catching.

just wondering.. what are the ethics involved in retouching color??? not the stone''s detail, but pushing and pulling on levels?

**note: im viewing on a LCD screen and that does change saturation vs. most CRT''s.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results