shape
carat
color
clarity

I Never Thought I'd Wear Red (Spinel)

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
Your new ring is very impressive! And thanks for an updated group shot, i love those. I think I've officially decided I am a big fan of step cuts.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
pregcurious|1407522667|3728694 said:
The tapered setting is this one. Based on the name of the file, it's from Tacori?
Yes, it is Tacori. I don't remember the model number as it has been a long time since I owned it - none of my stones would fit in it.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
FANTASTIC! If those pictures are bad, I can't even imagine it in real life!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
pregcurious|1407522942|3728697 said:
And the setting from your picture that I am interested in is this half-moon setting. I think your periwinkle spinel was in this setting?
Nope, that one has always had the topaz in it. They are traps. When I got the ring, it was yellow gold and I had to rhodium plated so it looks white now. I keep playing with the idea of getting another blue topaz cut and put in there, but there is a fair bit of sentimentality in it...

blue_topaz3__2_0.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
LoversKites|1407524872|3728719 said:
Your new ring is very impressive! And thanks for an updated group shot, i love those. I think I've officially decided I am a big fan of step cuts.
Thanks LK!

(I never really appreciated them until a couple years ago, and now I'm addicted. All thanks to that baguette band!)

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kelli|1407526064|3728736 said:
FANTASTIC! If those pictures are bad, I can't even imagine it in real life!
It's actually easier to get the super close macro pics of it. Note that there aren't any real handshots....hahahahahaha!!!!!!!! It's certainly not for a lack of taking them!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Freke. Is the half moon setting empty then, the one that held your periwinkle spinel that is now in a halo? If it's any empty, any chance you would want to part with it?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
pregcurious|1407526516|3728743 said:
Thanks, Freke. Is the half moon setting empty then, the one that held your periwinkle spinel that is now in a halo? If it's any empty, any chance you would want to part with it?
Ah, the sapphire. The old setting has two rounds, but because of how it's positioned, the side stones are sort of tucked under the center stone. It is actually listed, as I don't have any other stones that would fit in it.

FireMonkey

Shiny_Rock
It's perfect in that setting! And looks amazing w/ your baguette band, too. :love:

Also, It's so cool that your hubby could pick up on the color specifics!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, I just looked at it. I thought it was half moons. Darn!!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
All of your rings are killer, but for me, this is the bomb! A step cut red spinel is at the top of my gem wish list & I love the setting :love:

I covet this :Up_to_something: Congratulations on another fab ring!

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
Love it, love the red, love how the setting worked out so well in the end.

staci76

Brilliant_Rock
Freke :wavey: - WOW, I absolutely love the red spinel in this setting -- it's perfect!! :love: :love: So happy to hear that it ended up working out in the end. :)) I truly love everything in your collection! :naughty: :love:

badabling

Shiny_Rock
Every one of those rings are stunning. The spinel looks pretty amazing in that setting. Love your collection!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Freke, you really did it! The spinel is dyn-o-mite in that setting! (Mourn the beautiful tourm, though.) I can't believe it fit without any re-doing of the prongs, head, anything? Can you say "Meant to be?" I'm gonna keep one of your family pics -- there's enough variety there for inspiration for any possible stone!

Super job -- I'm impressed that you have the vision to figure out stuff like that. :love:

--- Laurie

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock
Freke soooo elegant! Wear it in health and joy.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
SLUUUUUUUURRRRP!!! That's gorgeous Freke!! I am in love/lust with that one AND the gorgeous pink asscher 3 stone above it! Geez, you have FABULOUS jewels!!

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Freke, you are on fire these days with so many gorgeous pieces! :appl: :appl: :appl: Love the newest addition!

makeable

Shiny_Rock
Too bad about the tourm but the spinel is gorgeous in the setting. A truly droolworthy collection you have there :love:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So many random thoughts that I'll just start. First, I love the ring. Once again (and no surprise), you have found the perfect stone for the setting re proportions and color. Really, really beautiful. Second, it amazes me that I *think* I see these same preloved settings for sale and think "that won't work" or "if it were just a bit bigger/smaller/blah blah" and I pass on them, and then you see the possibilities, purchase them and put it together in such a way that I cannot imagine why I ever passed them up! Third and finally, in the time I have known you, your collection has gone from good quality to excellent quality, beautiful design, and proportions, and perfectly mated stones to settings. A great accomplishment in a fairly short period of time. Attested to by the fact that I truly love just about all of your rings and could use them for design inspiration. :appl:

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful and I love the purple modifier. The words "vibrant color" come to mind.

MrsM

Shiny_Rock
I am in love with that red spinel ring!! You are so gifted in matching stones with settings as is obvious with your family group photos. Enjoy the red...

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I took more pictures the other day, but my little one got hit with a stomach bug, so I haven't had time to go through the pics yet. I'll be back later to reply to everyone and post pictures, now that she's feeling better!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Never say never! It's very pretty!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
FireMonkey - Thank you! Yes, he's not exactly artistically inclined, so that came as a big surprise to me that he would blatantly see so much purple in it right off the bat.

pregcurious - What size half moons would you need?

woofmama - Thank you! I'm pretty excited about it. I really lucked out that no one bought it before I did.

texaskj - Thank you!

staci76 - thanks! It looks great and I'm so excited!

badabling - Thank you! I'm sort of in shock that my collection looks like this at this point. Even just over a year ago, my collection looked nothing like this.

JewelFreak - Yeah, I'm pretty sure that the tourmaline is a total loss (maybe it could be recut to half it's carat weight?) I was shocked when I picked it up. They actually quoted me quite a bit more when they looked at it first, and when I picked it up, the price was about 15% of the original quote. I kind of lucked out having this stone when I discovered that the tourmaline was chipped.

wordie89 - Thank you! I will!

Enerchi - If I don't watch out, you might try and come after my stuff. Hah!

endless_summer - Thank you! I'm about done for a while, but what a way to go out right? Between the hot pink 7 stone, the lavender sapphire halo and this sucker, I think I'm set on bling for a while!

makeable - Thanks!

minousbijoux - If you want help, just ask!

LisaRN - Thank you!

MrsM - Thank you! It's only because I've (mostly) sworn off gemstone buying for a while, and have been working on setting. I've lucked out on a lot of these, that settings just happened to match up with stones I already have.

Innerkitten - Thank you!

_21253.jpg

_21254.jpg

_21255.jpg

_21256.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results