shape
carat
color
clarity

My blue nile 5-stone ring arrived.

yrrp3738

Shiny_Rock
There is a long story about this ring and not fully finished yet. Finally the ring arrived but I am not sure I'd like to keep it.

image_1983.jpg

Top left is mine. Middle right from another PSer. Top right from blue nile site and bottom from wf. Is mine any closer to BN's sample image? Am I too picky? The setting seems much higher and the top of the ring not curvy enough so the stones lined up as a straight bar.

yrrp3738

Shiny_Rock
Quick stats of the ring:
3x 0.30 and 2 x 0.29 ct stones e-f vs2-si1 all GIA cert
Stones all very pretty
Size 6.5 in plat

yrrp3738

Shiny_Rock
Here are more. Your comments/suggestion are welcome!

image_1984.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks so beautiful on your hand!! I love the substantial and rich, yet very elegant look!

But you are the one who should be thrilled. It's a stunning ring and I hope it gives you pleasure wearing it.

yrrp3738

Shiny_Rock
Acinom|1405448432|3713773 said:
It looks so beautiful on your hand!! I love the substantial and rich, yet very elegant look!

But you are the one who should be thrilled. It's a stunning ring and I hope it gives you pleasure wearing it.

Thanks acinom for your complements. It's a heavy piece and very sparkling. I am still trying to use to it on my finger. BN recently lowered its setting's price and since I bought all five stones from them before, they provide the most affortable solution.

But its order system sucks, I am still waiting them correct a overcharge of $1700 on my credit card for the setting.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is very beautiful. :cheeky: I see the difference between yours and the BN sample ring, and that is the only one you should be comparing it to if that was the ring you expected to get. It's up to you whether you except it or not. If you are unhappy with it let them know, maybe something can be worked out. Otherwise wear it in good health!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yours looks really lovely on your finger but I can see
That yours are set a lot higher. I would let BN
Know and then wear it for a few more days to see if
You can get use to it or not. If not, send it back and have them
Re do it.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks great on your hand but I see what you are saying about it's shape and how high it sets. I find the more oval settings don't fit my finger very well. If you find you don't like it I hope they can fix it exactly the way you want it.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I can see the difference. The band does not line up to the top of the diamond prongs. The other bands look thicker/wider and seem to be flush to the diamonds. Yours sits higher. Are your stones bigger than the other pics? You may like it higher if you are wearing it alone and not with another ring. It will stand out more. If you like lower rings (as I do) then you may want to show Blue Nile your comparison photos and see what they come up with.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I can see the difference. The band does not line up to the top of the diamond prongs. The other bands look thicker/wider and seem to be flush to the diamonds. Yours sits higher. Are your stones bigger than the other pics? You may like it higher if you are wearing it alone and not with another ring. It will stand out more. If you like lower rings (as I do) then you may want to show Blue Nile your comparison photos and see what they come up with.

yrrp3738

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all for your comments, feedback and suggestion. I slowly start to like the ring. The positive part of high setting is the ring not spinning easily. :)

I will contact BN to see if they can do something.

alicet

Rough_Rock
I see a minor difference. Don't you like it? I guess it does look good on your hands. It is very sparkling.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
It is beautiful but I do see what you mean, it does look higher.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
It looks beautiful on your hand and the stones look huge! I recently got a five stone ring with .34-.35ct diamonds and had it set by BGD in their classic uprong. I asked for the stones to be set as low as possible. It's very comfortable and I'm happy with it but do think my diamonds would look larger if they were set a bit higher. In your pics your diamonds look more like .35-.40ct to me.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
If you are not happy with the workmanship from BlueNile, Brian Gavin Diamonds makes an open gallery 5 stone just like the one you have for close to the same price ($200 more). Yours is lovely, though, but it seems the stones are set higher which could actually be more comfortable by keeping the end stones on top of your finger and not in between. You might end up loving it after a few days. It looks beautiful on you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results