shape
carat
color
clarity

Victor Canera e-ring evelyn with open profile

eltajin

Rough_Rock
I just wanted to say thank you to this forum, which has been an amazing resource. After reading as much as possible over a few months and visiting numerous jewelers in NYC to examine stones and settings; I decided to go with a custom design from Victor Canera using one of his in-house diamonds (1.24 round, canera branded ideal hearts, g, si1, .31ct sidestones, platinum setting).

Basically, this amounted to faith in this forum, and after speaking with Victor, I went with my gut, and I am thrilled with the result! My gf had expressed several preferences: open profile, round, no halo, pave, platinum- but otherwise I was on my own. Which made it both easy and hard, as there were very few designs that matched these criteria floating around.

After learning about stones and settings here, and then examining many in person, I was set on getting the highest quality cut that was within my budget (~15k). But one thing that set in was basically information paralysis--I chose Victor based on his reputation, and him having stones in house, saving me time and energy. After sending a few photos along with a quote request, then a phone conversation, Victor suggested a modification to his Evelyn that he had thought of trying, which would give it an open profile. I actually felt much more comfortable letting him drive the design, and less than three weeks later, this is the result (photos are with my cell phone and don't really do the ring justice):

imag0148_0.jpg
imag0134.jpg
imag0143_burst005.jpg
imag0126.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was hoping that this beautiful ring would show up here on PS! I saw a photo on Victor's FB.

Your girlfriend will be thrilled!!! Please post as many pics as you can, also with her wearing the ring. You and Victor did a great job. Congrats.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that's pretty amazing. Can't wait to see more pictures. Congratulations! Your Gf will love it.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I love everything about this ring, it is stunning! :love: :love:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful - well done!!

AVCadmirer

Shiny_Rock
That's gorgeous!!! Cant wait to see some hand pics.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, it's stunning, I love the open profile, it shows the beautiful diamond off even more!!!! :appl:

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
Wow. Wow. Wow!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely open profile. Those type of rings are so comfy

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow that is pretty :love: I love the profile!

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is beautiful! Love the open profile!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's just gorgeous. What a nice change, I really prefer that profile to a typical solitaire.

Orchid Lei

Shiny_Rock
Wow! Very cool profile!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful!!! :love: She will love it!!! Great job! :appl:

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! Absolutely love the open profile design with the culet suspended like that!

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, your ring is so amazing and Unique! I've never seen anything like this. I love it :appl:

eltajin

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for the kind compliments--I will post more photos including finger shots once the engagement happens-very excited to get this on her finger!

eltajin

Rough_Rock
A few more post-engagement photos!!!!

block_island_259.jpg

015.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is gorgeous. Congratulations.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad you posted more pictures! :love: I'm trying to decide between this and the Evelyn with flush stems... Your ring is beautiful!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How did I miss this - it's exquisite! :love: Looks fabulous on her hand, you did such a great job! :appl:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I love it! :appl: Congrats!

cheers--Sharon

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
Breathtaking ring :love:

Von03

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful! Love the setting