shape
carat
color
clarity

Ideas for Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

waytoblue

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

I''m looking for ideas/locations for a Vegas proposal. NOT a Vegas wedding
emwink.gif

Any ideas on great spots?

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Excaliber. I love Excaliber, when you get off the tram in the daytime, they play the trumpets.. it is like being in a land of Camelot. I would try to incorporate the "knight in Shining Armour'' with some of the castle features of the excaliber. But I would not stay in the excaliber... stay at the Luxor...

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, there are so many!

The Fountain Bar at the Bellagio is beautiful. If it''s warm, go outside and watch the fountains light up and then propose there.

You could also order up room service and put the ring underneath a platter cover.

At the Palms hotel there is the Ghost Bar and the restaurant Alize... both are on the top floors and have a spectacular view of the whole strip. The Ghost Bar also has an outside patio which could be really nice (just make sure you don''t drop the ring!)

Also at Freemont Street there is a light show at night... you could wait for the show to start and propose under the lights.

I love Vegas! So much fun!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
But I would not stay in the excaliber... stay at the Luxor...
I wouldn''t stay at the Excaliber either!

The luxor is nice, but the Venetian is even better. The rooms all are suite size and the bathrooms are huge and very pretty
2.gif

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
How funny you should ask!! I got engaged in Vegas last July!! My fiance and I went to the Voodoo Lounge at the Rio Hotel, it is 52 stories up and has the most amazing panoramic view of the entire city with this HUGE patio type thing !!!! UNREAL. We went to Vegas when we first started dating and he told me that he loved me for the first time out on that patio and took me back on our anniversary with all of our closest friends and family and fell to one knee with a big smile and a box!!!

That town is fun and the stress element is not to be found so your mind is clear and you can enjoy every aspect of the city and the moment!!

Good Luck! :)

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
OHHHH oh oh oh, The botanical gardens at the Bellagio- AMAZING. Very romantic :)

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
Call me corny, but how about on a gondola at the venitian? Or maybe leave the strip and head to the grand canyon on a helicopter - they have trips like that.

sparklish

Shiny_Rock
The Bellagio is by far the most beautiful of the hotels, IMO. There are many wonderful and beautiful spots. It''s extravagent but less kitschy than some of the others. The other one, oft forgotten, is the Mandalay Bay. Some ideas
-in front of the fountains at the Bellagio
-botanical gardens at Bellagio (mentioned by someone else)
-aquarium at the Mandalay Bay (perhaps they can help you arrange something?)

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2005 6:21
6.gif
7 PM
Author: Strawdermangrl
How funny you should ask!! I got engaged in Vegas last July!! My fiance and I went to the Voodoo Lounge at the Rio Hotel, it is 52 stories up and has the most amazing panoramic view of the entire city with this HUGE patio type thing !!!! UNREAL. We went to Vegas when we first started dating and he told me that he loved me for the first time out on that patio and took me back on our anniversary with all of our closest friends and family and fell to one knee with a big smile and a box!!!

That town is fun and the stress element is not to be found so your mind is clear and you can enjoy every aspect of the city and the moment!!

Good Luck! :)
Oh yehhhhhhhhh... The VooDoo Lounge is amazing... MAKE sure you call faaaarrr ahead for reservaations... that place has the most AMAZING view!!

trizzane

Rough_Rock
welp, if your thinking Bellagio, id see what you can arrange to use the deck at.. i beleive OLIVES is the one... i think they close fairly early, maybe 10 or 11. set it up to coincide with a fountain show... id recommend when Bocelli sings ! id think if you arrange in advance they will take care of you, especially if the restaurant is closed.

As mentioned above, the voodoo lounge if nice, can go to dinner on the floor below first and then go above for the proposal. (the filet is amazing) This is a public spot so you can just go to it, and im sure the others on the deck will celebrate with you. :)

as a last resort, ask the hotel you stay at if they can hook you up on a high floor overlook, you never know, they may give you a spot to take the elevator up to and walk out to a set of of champagne and such. Guess that depends on your player rating :)

let us know what you decide, cant get a better overall setting for options !

waytoblue

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone. Vegas it will be! Just having the stone reset ... damn it was high on the ring!! And then off to Vegas. I like the idea of asking the hotel if they can let us up on the roof or whatever... that would be really cool. Otherwise i''ll play it by ear either at Bellagio fountains or Voodoo lounge.

I''ll let you know how it goes!

wtb.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results