shape
carat
color
clarity

BGD Grace owners - please show me your eternity bands

loveloveloveit

Brilliant_Rock
I am looking for a diamond band to wear with my BGD Eternal Grace ER, set with a 1.06 Signature cushion from BGD, and the matching WG wedder. I am contemplating the BGD matching eternity, however it measures 2.5mm I believe whereas my ER and band are just 2mm I believe. I think I can live with that, but I also wonder whether their fishtail pave band would be a good choice as it's very low and uses slightly smaller stones. I tried on a .04 shared prong eternity today which looked fabulous, but I think the setting would damage my prongs.

This photo is my ER setting.

Is love your advice on what has worked for you. I also have a WTB listing in preloved on the off chance I get lucky and find something already made.

Thanks so much
Loveloveloveit

_19099.jpg

RandG

Brilliant_Rock
I love collecting vintage bands. I'm a big fan of finding a band as opposed to making one only because you can often find two for what it would have cost to make one. I'm posting some different style eternity bands for you. If you need more detailed photos of any one in particular just let me know and I can post with more detail.

1. The width of the first ring is 1.8mm. The bands, French cut, step cut, and baguette cut, are all 3mm. You can see the thickness overpowers the 1.8mm. I find these are worn better stacked or alone.

2. Photo two is an old mine cut diamond ring paired with a band (I did have made), both are 2mm. This ring has a low profile, which I think is akin to your ring. This band is tiny channel set diamonds.

3. Photo three is a 1.5mm micropave band. Again, low profile ring with dainty band.

4. Assortment of eternity bands (and one Cartier trinity ring). Let me know if seeing more photos any of these would help you. I also have a gold tiffany 2.3mm band which is a really classic simple look.

Good luck on your project!

loveloveloveit

Brilliant_Rock
loveloveloveit|1402570614|3691470 said:
I am looking for a diamond band to wear with my BGD Eternal Grace ER, set with a 1.06 Signature cushion from BGD, and the matching WG wedder. I am contemplating the BGD matching eternity, however it measures 2.5mm I believe whereas my ER and band are just 2mm I believe. I think I can live with that, but I also wonder whether their fishtail pave band would be a good choice as it's very low and uses slightly smaller stones. I tried on a .04 shared prong eternity today which looked fabulous, but I think the setting would damage my prongs.

This photo is my ER setting.

Id love your advice on what has worked for you. I also have a WTB listing in preloved on the off chance I get lucky and find something already made.

Thanks so much
Loveloveloveit

loveloveloveit

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks RandB for these photos, my favourite of these is photo 3 but wow that cushion is amazing. I have considered a baguette band, set E-W but am concerned I won't get the same amount of zing versus something set with high quality round melee. Do you find it gets dull easily?

You have a great collection there!

RandG

Brilliant_Rock
loveloveloveit|1402578869|3691514 said:
Thanks RandB for these photos, my favourite of these is photo 3 but wow that cushion is amazing. I have considered a baguette band, set E-W but am concerned I won't get the same amount of zing versus something set with high quality round melee. Do you find it gets dull easily?

You have a great collection there!

I think a baguette band would compliment your ring very nicely. Super sophisticated, art deco and something you should be able to find in any number of estate jewelers. I have no complaints about mine. I've had it a long time and it still looks as good as new. I am looking for a thinner version. I don't know what size you are but I know of a size 4 that's priced very well if you decide you are going to go that route.

loveloveloveit

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks RandG, unfortunately I am double the size you mention! I am looking at the matching Grace eternity by BGD and also weighing up other options still with slight larger melee. No decision yet tho.

loveloveloveit

Brilliant_Rock
*bump* are there any more examples to consider? At the moment I'm looking like getting the BGD dream over the grace eternity, as I prefer a slightly larger visual impact of the .05 diamonds but I know there's a risk of damaging my ER setting over time.

Thanks in advance for any more examples.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results