shape
carat
color
clarity

HELP me! Tiffany Soleste- traditional or emerald style??

floridarookie

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone,
I'm a first time poster and have narrowed my ring choice to the Tiffany Soleste....
I had the store bring in 2 rings, both with a 2.1 carat G color, VS1, excellent cut stone.
The first ring is the traditional double halo Soleste and the second ring is the emerald single halo Soleste.
I'm having such a hard time deciding between the two, I haven't talked to anyone about this and could use some help from an unbiased crowd. Any help or thoughts are much appreciated!!!!

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Re: HELP me! Tiffany Soleste- traditional or emerald style

Hello Florida Rookie,

I think the single emerald halo would look nice, but it is your preference.

What is your ring size? I think if you have petite fingers a single halo should be enough for the 2ct centre stone.

A double halo can be a bit much but really it depends on what you like :)

Let me know what you decide on, I would be very interested to know what you chose.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Either one would be a great choice, I think it comes down to what you like the best. Which one makes your heart go pitter patter when you see it on your hand?

floridarookie

Rough_Rock

Well guys, I'm actually the groom so I can't really answer your questions....I'm just trying to get feedback from the ladies on the board which design they like best? I have to make a decision within the week, and I'm on the fence at the moment. Both rings are similar in price, my girlfriend is 27 years old and I'm 43, if age can give any insight to help more people chime in. Thanks everyone!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Do you have the weights of the center stone of each ring?

For me, I would much rather have a 2.00 ct center stone and a single halo
than a 1.90 ct center stone and a double halo. It is a psychological thing,
like saying that your car has 300 hp versus 290 hp.

Remember you do have 5 years to trade it in for something else if she is not happy.

Snuffles_Rose

Rough_Rock

I would definitely want the emerald single halo. Saw it at Tiffany's and drooled over the case. I'm 25, if it helps you out.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

This is tough, I love them both (big help, I know!) I'm leaning towards the emerald style, it just seems more like a traditional ering to me. If your gf wears a larger ring size, the soleste double halo might offer more finger coverage.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'll vote for the EC single halo. :wavey:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

An EC is such a special yet classic choice. I love step cuts, but it's a personal choice. My vote would go to the EC with single halo

woofmama

Ideal_Rock

I would get the EC, it very classy & elegant.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Totally personal preference but I would like emerald in single halo. Double halos are too much for my lifestyle.

I your gf likes blingy with lots of presence, go for double halo.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock

I love the look of the double halo soleste; but, its a matter of person taste, of course.

Travelgal

Shiny_Rock

I prefer the emerald with single halo. I've tried on the soleste double halo with a 1 carat center and it looked enormous on me (not in a good way) and I have a size 4.25 finger. If your girlfriend is petite or has small fingers, the emerald cut will likely be more flattering. Personally I think the emerald cut is more timeless, but you really can't go wrong either way. What woman doesn't want to open a Tiffany box!? Congrats on your future engagement!

Mikla

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Not sure that my opinion is going to be helpful, but a 2ct emerald cut ring on a size 4.5 finger doesn't need a halo.

floridarookie

Rough_Rock

Thank you all for your input....I'm going back and forth still. From the top view I think the emerald is more of a clean look, which I like, but the ring from the side view doesn't look very substantial, like the double halo traditional Soleste. The pave diamonds on the band, as well as the attachment pieces which hold the emerald are so dainty, I almost wonder if a woman appreciates this as much as something which has a little more girth....and almost wonder if the ring looks cheaper than the 60,000 I would be paying.

I agree, Emerald is more timeless, but I'm going back and forth because it almost feels like I'm getting more bang for my 60k with the double halo. The center stone sizes are the same on both rings, just a touch over 2 carat.

OH, and one more thing, I got my Mom involved and she has decided to chime in and say I'm crazy for buying Tiffany, that I should go a completely different direction and get a round diamond with a square halo. So....any thoughts on this??? Confused but learning a lot!

iota15

Brilliant_Rock

Haha.. Well on these boards, I think more people or not would suggest going for a non-Tiffany to maximize what you can get for your buck (or in this case, $60,000 bucks).

With a budget like that, the girls and guys here can probably help you get at a 3, or maybe 4 carat center stone for that price. Something in the $20,000 range will get you a beautiful 2 carat, and you have much more than that to work with.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Definitely the single halo on a 2 ct center. I think that is a beautiful and classy look whereas the double halos can just look too much like a cocktail ring to me. If the Tiffany brand is that important to her, I suppose it is worth it. But you could get an incredible ring of equal (or better) quality for 30-40% less or a much larger center stone for that amount of money.

I realize this is I color, but it is $40k at 3.4 cts:

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/11672/

or a 2 ct G IF for $20k

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/11672/

So $60k for a 2 ct G VS1 is kind of nuts unless you meant they were closer to 3 cts.

A handforged finest quality platinum single halo setting will run around $5-6k.

PreCiouSJeWeL920

Rough_Rock

I LOVE the traditional double halo Tiffany Soleste ring. It does not look like a cocktail ring at all, others might. Especially when you are giving a girl a Tiffany engagement ring, who could say NO! hehe.

I have not tried on the single halo EC Soleste, so I could not give you an opinion on.
Attached are the single halo 2.61ct(non Tiffany) and 2.68 FVY Soleste on a finger size 2.5. Hope that will help you with your decision.
photo_2_83.jpg
photo_1_94.jpg

stirfry

Rough_Rock

Here is my fiance's engagement ring. It was inspired by the tiffany soleste.

dsc01459.jpg

dsc01452.jpg

Its an elegant ring and gets a lot of compliment.

Cheers,
TK

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Before you decide between those two, have you seen the Tiffany Soleste Heart? I saw one last week, and it's quite a stunner. If you definitely don't want a heart shaped Soleste, I would go with the cushion cut- to me, it's much more impressive than the EC Soleste.
Here is my cushion Soleste.

_19616.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results