shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help with Knot Bio/Webpage

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
Hi, ladies!
I'm having a bit of trouble with my Knot webpage.
33.gif
I've created a *standard* (aka "boring) webpage, but I've seen all of yours and they are SO NICE! I cannot figure out how to post lots of pictures with captions. Many of your webpages have LOADS of pics of your ring, you and your fiance, dresses, flowers, cats (hehe!), etc. I followed the Knot's step-by-step instructions... 1. Choose a design, 2. Tell Your Story, 3. Provide Guest Details, 4. Add a Picture, blah, blah, blah. I ended up with a very basic webpage. I clicked on "Add a Picture" and it seems that it only allows you to upload one of your favorite pics, which I've already done. So if anyone could please tell me how to add more pics and how to add captions to them too, that would be great!
36.gif

Thanks so much!
9.gif

Chelle

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
For the bio, did you go on knothelp.com for help??? That''s where I started and then you just start to get a hang of it after a little way.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
chellebelle - the wedding webpage is separate from the "bio".. to get to your bio page, click on the talk link, and then click edit your bio. You have to use HTML code.. or there are a few programs out there that will make the code for you.. but I don''t know what they are. Look around in other peoples bios in the message boards.. they usually have links to them.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Hey Chelle - I second MelissaSue''s suggestion (its the little box the says "knotties get help with your bio - its in mine if you''re having trouble getting it: http://www.theknot.com/co_profileview.htm?profilename=AmberGretchen just scroll down to the bottom), and if you have trouble with getting the image source paths let us know. Also, one other recommendation I would have is to use the bio creator to create a basic page with a few pictures and then cut and paste the html code into a word document for increased ease when adding new pics - that way you can just copy and paste the html code for each image and ad new captions.

Good luck and don''t forget to post a link when you are done!

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
Hmmm... so the bio and webpage are two different things. I think I got confused because people will post their "bios" here and when I click on them, I see wedding webpages. I thought they were the same thing, but I see what you mean now MelissaSue... about there being a webpage and a community "bio". So when I view the page with people's pictures and wedding details (like yours for instance), is that really their "bio"? I thought a bio was just a short description of yourself with a link to the webpage, and the actual webpage was the one with all the pictures, etc. I'm sorry for being a pain... I hate asking so many questions and I know this is a bit confusing.
40.gif
I did go to the knot help first and searched "webpage help", but I couldn't find anything about adding more pictures. I'll keep looking though...

Thanks for the help so far!
1.gif

Edited to add: Okay, I think I'm starting to get it... I will try the whole edit bio html thing and see what happens. I'm not very good at this kind of stuff! I'll let you know how it goes and hopefully I'll be posting a link soon! Thank you

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
yes.. mine is my bio. I don''t have a wedding webpage yet.. I''m going to make one eventually once the wedding gets closer.. but i don''t know if it will be on theknot yet.

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
All I can say is.... DUH! I feel like such a dork! I was getting the webpage and bio confused even though I knew they were two separate things. I thought that the webpage was the one with the details and pictures in it, and the bio was just your name, occupation, age, etc. I didn''t know that you can *edit* your bio to add all that good stuff. That "Knotties get help with your bio" button really helped me out a lot. When I clicked on it, I swear, I big light bulb appeared over my head! I finally got it! So I''m wondering why do they have two areas where you can post wedding stuff? (The bio and the webpage.) Shouldn''t there just be one place to put all that stuff into? I think that''s where I really got confused. I had started a knot *webpage* and couldn''t figure out how everyone was getting such cool looking pages with tons of pictures, captions, etc. All along they were people''s "bios" I was looking at! Hence people posting "Here''s my BIO".
20.gif
I wonder about myself sometimes... hehe. Oh well. I''m working on my bio now (not webpage
2.gif
) and it seems like a lot of work! I''ll post a link when I finish. Thanks so much for your help everyone! I really appreciate it.
5.gif

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
chellbelle- hope you have things figured out now!!! yeah the whole bio vs webpage thing IS rather confusing, and their whole bio thing isn''t very user friendly, to say the least!!! sigh... i keep hoping they will switch to a real bb system like PS, so the threads are easier to read, but maybe that''s asking too much!!!

WFPaveChampagne

Shiny_Rock
i have the bio help tool at the bottom of my bio its MrsParrish_soon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results