shape
carat
color
clarity

Suggestion on a good pregnancy forum

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
Just found out that I'm pregnant yesterday. Would like to get suggestion on good forums about pregnancy. Any tips & suggestion are welcomed.
Thank you :bigsmile:

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
one suggestion I would like is that I know I need to drink alot of water. But i've never been a water drinker. It's just so tasteless... nurse suggested add lemon or orange etc in it. Just want to see if there is anything else out there. =)

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are a lot of pregnant PSers over in the family and home part.

Do you try carbonated water?

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
ah I will go there then. thank you

purplesparklies

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! An excellent resource is the baby bargains message boards. Many forums like here including one for expecting. Tons of experienced mamas and dads over there who are willing to share their experience and advice.

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! With both of my pregnancies I used babycenter, which is also a great site for information on pregnancy. Though both times, there ended up being spin off group started on fb and I mainly stuck to those.

As far as the water issue, the only things that helped me were drinking it ice cold and adding a lot of lemon juice!

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
hmm, I read something about Chemical pregnancy and is now worried about that. Guess I will find out if I really am pregnant in 2 weeks when I see the Dr. :(sad

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Congrats on your pregnancy! Try not to worry about something that you can't control...easier said than done, I know. I used the WebMD boards, but that was over 8 years ago, so I'm not sure if it is the best out there anymore...you could always lurk on a few boards and see which one you feel most comfortable visiting and then make a decision.

As for the water, I add MIO to mine, but you'd have to check with your OB about that...it didn't exist when I was pg and I just drank it quickly to get it over with (i.e. I'd drink 16 oz on the way to work, 16 by lunch, 16 on the drive home and 16 before bed)....I just chugged each 16 oz to make it quick....good luck!!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
minmin001|1403625860|3700053 said:
hmm, I read something about Chemical pregnancy and is now worried about that. Guess I will find out if I really am pregnant in 2 weeks when I see the Dr. :(sad

Stop consulting Dr. Google. Lots of sticky dust to you.

And yes please drink lots of water. I got kidney stone during my second pregnancy. It was very painful.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
qtiekiki|1403626851|3700068 said:
minmin001|1403625860|3700053 said:

Stop consulting Dr. Google. Lots of sticky dust to you.

And yes please drink lots of water. I got kidney stone during my second pregnancy. It was very painful.

Agreed! And congratulations. Your nurse was right to suggest adding citrus to your water to make it tastier. My husband had a kidney stone a few years ago and his doctor advised him to drink more lemonade, etc.

There are a lot of less-pleasant things you'll have to endure over the coming months, but the end result is so totally worth it. Definitely visit the threads in Family/Home/Health--the ladies there are all just as well-informed about pregnancy as they are about diamonds! :wavey:

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for all the support. I think I'm just a little stressed out since hubby is away and I just found out about it by myself. I will fly to see him tomorrow. Can't wait =)

amc80

Ideal_Rock
SMC|1403628330|3700088 said:
Hi! I'm sort of newly pregnant too (8 weeks). Like Niel said, you can start by joining us over in the "Family & Home" section - you might find the "Just Barely Pregnant PSers" thread helpful: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/just-barely-pregnant-psers.128700/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/just-barely-pregnant-psers.128700/[/URL]

Hope you're doing well! Congratulations!

Yep! Come join us over here. Lots of talk on barfing, anxiety, and feeling fat :)

katharath

Ideal_Rock
I also used the babycenter online community during both of my pregnancies, it was a good fit for me. And TONS of great info!

Try some of the suggestions about water - carbonated flavored water helped me. Eventually you just get used to forcing it, though. The more you drink it, the easier it gets :). Good luck!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used babyfit and really liked it. You can join a group of your due month so there are lots of others going through similar preggo symptoms at the same time. Lots of opportunities to commiserate :wink2: . Plus they have an area to track your food, water and exercise. Plus lots of articles on pregnancy nutrition and exercises.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!!! What happy news!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results